Week 14: Washington at San Fran

turtle28

13 hours ago, Woz said:

I don't see any scenario where Rivera wants to coach up Haskins. Having Dwayne come out and look bad while winning the game is the perfect result for Rivera. He's done with him. He didn't draft him, so he doesn't care that he's going to be flushing a first round draft pick down the toilet without bothering to try to fix him. That was the previous regime's fault.

Honestly, the best case for Rivera is they fail-to-lose the division. The second base case for Rivera is they lose the division with Haskins under center for the final three games. At that point, he can say "see? there's no point in rolling with this guy" to Snyder and have a pretty solid case (ignoring that he submarined the kid).

Very true

13 hours ago, Woz said:

Honestly, I think Rivera would rather lose with Haskins.

I don’t know about that, I don’t think Rivera wants to lose period. He doesn’t care how we win or who the QB is, he just wants to win. It’s the Bottomline with Rivera, I don’t think he spends a lot of time in the grey area.

I agree with what you said before losing with Haskins and Haskins playing bad is good for Rivera if he wants to have more ammunition w/ Snyder that they need to move on from Haskins but I don’t think Rivera actually wants to lose.

13 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

We just took down an undefeated Steelers team last week.  Also with Covid so many things could happen.  Winning a playoff game isn’t impossible.  Even when we have lost games we really haven’t been blown out. 

Who is this MKnight? Someone has taken over his body! 😂 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

This team feels different.  We’re also getting hot at the right time.

Oh the feeling that it’s different! Boy, we’ve had that feeling before, I seem to remember 2012 feeling different and back then we were doing it with an innovative offense not an offense which is pedestrian that lacks big plays.

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Monday Potpourri.  Always start with a qualifier - I don't follow the game thread during the game cause I can't walk and chew gum .  With that said , the dropped pass from Haskins by Steven Sims on a 3rd 7 was very costly ! It was a nice throw and he should have caught it .  He's had several crucial drops. He's a liability-not an asset . I know right now we don't have a better option but if we are to improve - He needs to go ! Robert foster - I'd wanted to see him on the field - OK, I've seen him . ugh

I hope AGG can get on the field soon and be of help. Man, I love Haskins arm ! Still like to see what he can do . Guess our best chance is still Alex but---- . Hope KPP is O K . Holcomb is slow - saw SDH push him to give him some more speed !

Has anyone noticed how "reliable" Lucas has been ? 

Winning is sure fun !😁 

Yes, I’ve been pointing that out since he took over for Christian. Because he’s been reliable and Moses is having the best season of his career, it’s changed my opinion on definitely needing to upgrade the OT position in March/April. Now, if OT in round 1 or 2 is their BPA they should ale him, but it’s not the “need” I once thought.

I know one thing for sure, the Bears miss Lucas bad at RT.

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

100% that’s a partial tweet of an answer to a question asked about when they told Haskins had to go in he was answering Bc he didn’t know why he was going in bc he didn’t know what happened to Alex.

Without the question it’s impossible to take this tweet into context.

Yes the tweet maybe it was.  When I first read the tweet I thought to myself he sure looked good on his first drive.  Actually the Sims drop seemed to damage DH psyche.  After that DH looked horrible scary and lost.  He just looked lost and panic under pressure and very easily costed us the game yesterday. Just reckless with throwing the ball to high.  We may have to depend on him DH next week which has me alittle worried. Just hope the WR don't drop a pass LOL. The game next week is critical b/c when you step back and look at the QB situation, AS  playing on an injured leg yesterday wasn't pretty either. All of this is a BIG problem. We need a little better performance from the QB position. With our current QB"s, I do not expect them to play lights out football. With our D we just need a QB that's not going to loose the game.  

• Like 1

Just watched the 49ers replay again. Giving  any kind of decent QB some kind of RG can make your QB get into rhythm. This is exactly what happen on DH first two series. DH converted 2 first downs on his first series. Three nice chunks of runs from Mckissic and Barber. This drive ended with 3 pts. DH second drive he continue to be in rhythm. Pass to Inman for 8. Pass to Thomas for 1st down. Two downs later 3rd and 7 DH makes good pass and Sims drop the ball. Would have been a first down. After this drop we couldn't get the RG going and that was got DH out of rhythm. Add in some pressure from the game and DH could not handle it.

We should continue to work on the RG next year and give DH some more weapons. Then lets see were he stands.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 4209 said:

Just watched the 49ers replay again. Giving  any kind of decent QB some kind of RG can make your QB get into rhythm. This is exactly what happen on DH first two series. DH converted 2 first downs on his first series. Three nice chunks of runs from Mckissic and Barber. This drive ended with 3 pts. DH second drive he continue to be in rhythm. Pass to Inman for 8. Pass to Thomas for 1st down. Two downs later 3rd and 7 DH makes good pass and Sims drop the ball. Would have been a first down. After this drop we couldn't get the RG going and that was got DH out of rhythm. Add in some pressure from the game and DH could not handle it.

We should continue to work on the RG next year and give DH some more weapons. Then lets see were he stands.

Great observation, we all know it’s true, but you don’t really think about it. The running game is very important, especially to a young QBs success. When our run game got stuffed after those first few drives that’s when DH started to struggle. That drop by Steven Sims was huge, but DH has to move on from that. There’s no excuse for him missing Terry in the middle of the field wide open for example, that was a huge miss.

Thankfully our defense played awesome and it didn’t matter that our running game and DH didn’t eat up more clock on that 3rd drive when we were back up.

Also, if I remember correctly Steve Sims didn’t field the 49er punt at the ten or just inside the 10 which backed up the offense inside the 5 which was also a huge issue. Right? Or am I miss remembering?

@turtle28

I think this what you are referring to 

(6:21 - 4th) M.Wishnowsky punts 44 yards to WAS 14, Center-T.Pepper, fair catch by S.Sims. We punted the ball from the 14. It was 3rd and 10.  Look under SF Punt 4 plays score is 23 to 15

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401220356 play by play 

Look at the 10:07 mark 3rd and 10. At the 10:09 mark DH has McLaurin wide open over the middle on 3rd and 10. All most INT. should been a 1st down with 5:28 sec to go in the game.

12 minutes ago, 4209 said:

@turtle28

(6:21 - 4th) M.Wishnowsky punts 44 yards to WAS 14, Center-T.Pepper, fair catch by S.Sims. We punted the ball from the 14. It was 3rd and 10.  Look under SF Punt 4 plays score is 23 to 15

Look at the 10:07 mark 3rd and 10. At the 10:09 mark DH has McLaurin wide open over the middle on 3rd and 10. All most INT. should been a 1st down with 5:28 sec to go in the game.

12 minutes ago, 4209 said:

@turtle28

Yes, 100% agree on the DH miss to McLaurin over the middle, inexcusable.

I was thinking Haskins had a drive where he had started inside the 5, but maybe that was Alex?

I remember one time is being backed up far of course I could be getting confused with another game like the Steelers game when their return man didn’t field the ball vs the Bills on Sunday night.