Week 14: Washington at San Fran

turtle28

When: 4:25 pm, Sunday, Sunday, SUNDAY!

Where: Arizona @ the Cardinals stadium bc  Santa Clara County closed down sporting events

Well, Kyle Shanahan and big ole’ TWill want revenge on Washington. That’s the biggest storyline.

The key for Washington is to stop San Fran’s great running game and to make Nick Mullins have to beat you. If can slow down San Fran’s rush attack and make Mullins have to beat you he’s almost guaranteed to have a few turnovers. We get turnovers and don’t have our own and we win this game, just like most other. Our D must play solid run D and play good gap control as they have the last 3 weeks.

On offense we must find a way to be somewhat balanced. We likely won’t have Antonio Gibson bc of turf toe but that doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t try to run the ball with Barber & McKissic especially on traditional run downs, short yardage and in the red zone.

If Alex remains accurate then we shouldn’t have too much of an issue removing the ball on the 49ers. I think that happens. I also think our DL & D overall continue their solid play that they have the last 3 weeks.

Washington: 27

San Fran: 23

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Seems like a good fit for us because our defense can stop the run and terrorize qbs.

We’ve been good stopping the league lately. We had a stretch there where we were awful vs the run like the 2nd Giants game and the Detroit game and I’d consider the San Francisco a better running team than those two teams. Of corse that is just a few games since the first month of the season when we struggled vs the Browns too.

I won’t predict the outcome this week but I think Nick Mullens is going to have it rough. I’m pretty sure it will be a close game and the Niners defense can smack you around as well. This will be a run-heavy game for both teams but man I just have a hard time believing Kyle Shanahan won’t go all out to crush Snyder every chance he gets. 

After watching the Buffalo and 49ers game I think Mullens is one of many keys. Take away the RG and force him to throw more often. Our pass rush is applying some good heat  and hopefully we we make Mullens a TO machine. But for this to happen we must deal with the niners RG especially Mostert. He is a home run threat. Like the Steeler game we need the DL in the 49ers backfield more often. @turtle28 Aiyuk and Samuels are beast and we better tackle good these are some big WR's. Both are YAC men and they love to use them on end arounds. This will be a difficult task, wish we had Gibson. Our RG looked lost after the departure of Gibson. McKissic will be busy. The Niners D is not like the Steelers D but they are getting healthier.  Hope AGG can bring some energy.  But if we keep the TO, penalties down and keep the ST failures down we should be in the hunt in the 4th Q. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Less Steve Sims and maybe agg can be the slot guy.

Not sure if we see AGG. Also, not sure if he can even play the slot. Wright has been the guy most of the year in the slot. 

The fact that it’s week 14 and AGG only has 1 reception for 3 yards on 5 targets and I believe that was on a screen is a major problem and his rookie year thus far as been a major disappointment. 

We can’t depend on him right now, I don’t think the coaches think they can depend on him and I doubt we see him play.

Edited by turtle28