Week 14: Washington at San Fran

turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Not sure if we see AGG. Also, not sure if he can even play the slot. Wright has been the guy most of the year in the slot. 

The fact that it’s week 14 and AGG only has 1 reception for 3 yards on 5 targets and I believe that was on a screen is a major problem and his rookie year thus far as been a major disappointment. 

We can’t depend on him right now, I don’t think the coaches think they can depend on him and I doubt we see him play.

Yep.  I really don't want them to now force AGG into the lineup.  We need to do what is best for the team now as we are all in for this playoff run.  I liked how our receivers played in the second half last week and I would rather build upon that then mix it up more.  We need continuity as an offensive unit and as individuals to grow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Man, without Gibson- ( likely to sure ) I can't get a feel for this game . Hope we keep the roll going but certainly won't be shocked if we lose. Maybe even get blown out .. or win big .. Just no feel whatsoever .

If we play how we played vs the Steelers despite losing Gibson early we should win the game and frankly win out if we play that way the rest of this year. That’s as well as we’ve played all season as a collective team and vs an undefeated team. We keep that up, our ceiling is really high. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

If we play how we played vs the Steelers despite losing Gibson early we should win the game and frankly win out if we play that way the rest of this year. That’s as well as we’ve played all season as a collective team and vs an undefeated team. We keep that up, our ceiling is really high. 

See, this getting really scary- Redskin fans ( yes I said Redskins ) "expecting" to win ! 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

See, this getting really scary- Redskin fans ( yes I said Redskins ) "expecting" to win ! 

It is what it is. I’m not scared for this team anymore. I don’t expect to win but it certainly seems possible they do now that Alex is back into the grove of things like he was in 2018 despite his physical limitations of escaping the pocket the way he did before he broke his leg and because of how well our defense has played lately.

If we lose, I’ll still be thrilled to get another top 10 draft pick. If we win out or do enough to just make the playoffs I’ll be excited for that too bc judging off our win vs Pitt we can play with anyone if our D & Alex play like that moving forward which is positive. I don’t think we would be an easy out in the playoffs anymore or the Giants either - should we make them - the way I used to think a month ago when Alex was back and we were playing better but still losing games we should’ve won like the Giants & Lions games.

It really sucks we lost those two games & the first Giants game. We win those games and we’re 8-4 right now or 7-5 and really look like a playoff team who has a 2 or 3 game lead in the division.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 7:03 PM, turtle28 said:

Yup. I keep telling you. Just keep playing this kid and watch him blossom. Next year he will be even better. His instincts are crazy good and he has great hands and a nose for the ball. And isn't afraid to stick his hat in there and get after the receiver/ball carrier. You'd expect sophomore slump but he's improved over last year. Now, I just want to see him Pick 6.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I think if we can muster some kind of running game so SF defense can’t just tee off on Smith I believe we can win this game! S Turner has said that Javon Leake has the skill set to play in this offense and curious if he will be activated for this game. 

I think regardless if we have much of a running game or not, it’s not a killer to our offense. Yes, I wish that Barber and McKissic can somehow muster up 70 yards rushing in this game, but it is really that big a difference if McKissic has 40-50 yards rushing vs 70 yards receiving like last week on mostly short passes that were under 10 yards where he got a lot of yac?

It’s basically the same thing, throwing 5-10 yard passes to McKissic is an extension of our run game, it puts him in space where he can make a few guys miss, break a few tackles and get about 7 yards per reception which obviously moves the chains. The key is that Barber can still be good on short yardage as he and Gibby have been all year. Both of them have been great on 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 1 and on the goal line. Barber does have 3 rushing TDs despite not being used too often this year and he has some key short yardage first downs too.

What I don’t want to see is too many long developing plays early bc then I think the 49ers D will tee off on Smith, we should try to establish the run early and establish the short quick passing game and then go play action and try to hit Terry, Cam & Logan on something 10-20 plus yards downfield.

That’s what I’d like to see. I want to see some shots, especially against Sherman bc he’s not the corner he once was, he’s lost speed and if he can’t keep up with Terry or Cam speed wise he’s likely to hold them or interfere with them so he doesn’t give up a deep TD which, he may give up anyway.

Edited by turtle28

16 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I think if we can muster some kind of running game so SF defense can’t just tee off on Smith I believe we can win this game! S Turner has said that Javon Leake has the skill set to play in this offense and curious if he will be activated for this game. 

Looks like he will be active for tomorrow’s game. Anxious to see what he brings. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 6:03 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Yup. I keep telling you. Just keep playing this kid and watch him blossom. Next year he will be even better. His instincts are crazy good and he has great hands and a nose for the ball. And isn't afraid to stick his hat in there and get after the receiver/ball carrier. You'd expect sophomore slump but he's improved over last year. Now, I just want to see him Pick 6.

I will say it is quite nice to have a corner who is a sure tackler.

I don’t have a good feel on this one. 

SF has really been struggling with all those injuries, so it’s hard to know exactly what you’re going to get from week to week. They’ve lost 4 of 5, but that was against an incredibly tough run of opponents (SEA, GB, NO, LAR, BUF), so things will be lightening up for them a bit this week. 

Their run game has been really stifled over that span of games, which gives me some hope that we can keep them under wraps defensively. If they have that Shanahan zone game clicking, they’ll become very difficult for us to contain. A lot of pressure on the front 7 to be disciplined and maintain their gaps, because Mostert is a big play threat every carry.

Kittle being out, though, is the best thing that could happen to us in a SF matchup. There’s just no way we could cover him, I would assume 100+ yards for him if he I was out there. Without him, they still have Deebo and Aiyuk, who are going to challenge our secondary after the catch. I think we match up decently though, given how well our CBs tackle and compete. 

Offensively, I think we’ll do what we usually do. Slow and steady wins the race, slogging our way to 20ish points. They’ve got pretty good LB play, so we may not be able to beat them quite as easily with the TE/RB stuff like we did the Steelers. No one can cover Terry. 

Washington: 20

San Francisco: 17