2018 NFL Draft Prospects - picks and draft board pg 1

WizardHawk

18 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

How many WRs do you see ranked above him?

Its not about how or where hes ranked. Its more the mixture of physical traits teams love and the fit of the teams looking to draft a receiver.

Overall, I have them in this order:

Calvin Ridley - First round grade

Christian Kirk - First round grade

DJ Moore - 1-2 Grade

James Washington - 1-2 Grade

Courtland Sutton - 1-2 Grade

Kirk will likely not go round one due to the fit of the teams drafting receivers early. His size and fit peg him as a slot, and unless the Patriots take him, he will slide, despite that first round grade.

Moore's inconsistencies are made up for by quickness off the line, competitive size to play outside, and a good workout. He will go early, well before Kirk, despite the lower overall grade, because of fit and likely use.

Ridley will be first off the board, a complete player that teams love in round one.

Washington and Sutton are the next two up. It will be tough to be sure who goes first. Washington, likely, because his fit works outside but also provides the overall ability to play early.

Sutton's traits however. They get drafted early. They are coveted. Size and apeed, big frame with upper body strength, good wingspan, overall athleticism...they get you drafted ahead of the more complete player. So - I can say its quite feasible he goes ahead of Kirk simply on pure fit and overall trend alone.

I can see the receivers coming off the board in one of these three orders, again, despite rank or grade...we all know teams dont draft on how most rank the player but rather how they fit and what special characteristics theyve displayed, either in size/speed, workouts, or the like..

Ridley, Moore, Sutton, Washington, Kirk

Moore, Ridley, Washington, Sutton, Kirk

Ridley, Sutton, Moore, Washington, Kirk

In either of the three scenarios, Sutton likely comes off the board before 50. The latest I can see him going is to the Cardinals at 47, but likely in most situations goes to the Dolphins at 42. The earliest I can see him going is Dallas at 19, but id doubt it. First round scenario for him, to me, is Carolina at 24.

3 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Its not about how or where hes ranked. Its more the mixture of physical traits teams love and the fit of the teams looking to draft a receiver.

Overall, I have them in this order:

Calvin Ridley - First round grade

Christian Kirk - First round grade

DJ Moore - 1-2 Grade

James Washington - 1-2 Grade

Courtland Sutton - 1-2 Grade

Kirk will likely not go round one due to the fit of the teams drafting receivers early. His size and fit peg him as a slot, and unless the Patriots take him, he will slide, despite that first round grade.

Moore's inconsistencies are made up for by quickness off the line, competitive size to play outside, and a good workout. He will go early, well before Kirk, despite the lower overall grade, because of fit and likely use.

Ridley will be first off the board, a complete player that teams love in round one.

Washington and Sutton are the next two up. It will be tough to be sure who goes first. Washington, likely, because his fit works outside but also provides the overall ability to play early.

Sutton's traits however. They get drafted early. They are coveted. Size and apeed, big frame with upper body strength, good wingspan, overall athleticism...they get you drafted ahead of the more complete player. So - I can say its quite feasible he goes ahead of Kirk simply on pure fit and overall trend alone.

I can see the receivers coming off the board in one of these three orders, again, despite rank or grade...we all know teams dont draft on how most rank the player but rather how they fit and what special characteristics theyve displayed, either in size/speed, workouts, or the like..

Ridley, Moore, Sutton, Washington, Kirk

Moore, Ridley, Washington, Sutton, Kirk

Ridley, Sutton, Moore, Washington, Kirk

In either of the three scenarios, Sutton likely comes off the board before 50. The latest I can see him going is to the Cardinals at 47, but likely in most situations goes to the Dolphins at 42. The earliest I can see him going is Dallas at 19, but id doubt it. First round scenario for him, to me, is Carolina at 24.

Right, my larger point was how many WR are realistically drafted before 50? 3-5? It is certainly possible he gets drafted much earlier before 50.

2 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Right, my larger point was how many WR are realistically drafted before 50? 3-5? It is certainly possible he gets drafted much earlier before 50.

Im betting 4 go before 50. Its just a good range for most of these guys. Maybe 5, even. But at least 3 and likely 4.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

I cant believe any of these recievers have a first round grade.

Besides Moore and Ridley none of them really deserve it and both of those two guys I don't think are Top 25 talents. So late first round.

I dont rate Moore out as a first. Hes too inconsistent. My #1 trait in any first round grade is that they must show reliability and consistency. While I learned that from Schiano who wasnt exactly a Bill Parcells eye for talent, Id say its a prettt good #1 to look for.

A 1-2 is more of a stuck in the middle grade. Lot of traits to like, but too many questions to have me selling out and pegging them as a top player in the draft. To me, thats Moore. Releases great at times. Looks like he ran into a wall other times. Looks superb catching on the run some times. Looks lost in traffic turning for the ball at other times. Runs a crisp post one time, runs a rounded out piece of crap the next time.

Gotta see the consistent reliability. Potentials there. But is his desire to be better going to trump his desire to just coast by as he is now? Wont know for a few years, but that question keeps him from me going all in on him in the first if im a team looking for a WR.

• 1.19 - Vita Vea - DT - Washington
  • 2.50 - Trade to Seattle for Earl Thomas
  • 3.81 - Austin Corbett - OG - Nevada 
  • 4.114 - Darius Leonard - LB - South Carolina State
  • 4.137 - Jack Cichy - LB - Wisconsin
  • 5.171 - Breeland Speaks - DL - Ole Miss
  • 5.173 - TRADE to Oakland
  • 6.192 (from Oak) - Daurice Fountain - WR - Northern Iowa
  • 6.193 -  Brandon Parker - OT - North Carolina A&T
  • 6.208 - Akrum Wadley - RB - Iowa
  • 7.236 -  Vyncint Smith - WR - Limestone College

I am pretty sure I fixed the defense.

Couple mocks...

• 1.19 - Derwin James S, Florida State
  • 2.50 - Courtland Sutton WR, SMU
  • 3.81 - Frank Ragnow G, Arkansas
  • 4.119 (via LA Chargers) - P.J. Hall DT, Sam Houston State
  • 4. 137 - Daurice Fountain WR, Northern Iowa
  • 5.171 - Akrum Wadley RB, Iowa
  • 6.191 (via LA Chargers) - Dimitri Flowers FB, Oklahoma
  • 6.192 (via OAK) - Mike McCray OLB, Michigan 
  • 6.193 - Darius Phillips CB, Western Michigan 
  • 6.208 - Desmond Harrison T, West Georgia 
  • 7.236 - Ethan Wolf TE, Tennessee

V2
  • 1.25 (via TEN) - Will Hernandez G, UTEP
  • 2.50 - TRADED FOR EARL THOMAS
  • 2.57 (via TEN) - Hayden Hurst TE, South Carolina
  • 3.81 - Dante Pettis WR, Washington
  • 4.119 (via LA Chargers) - Fred Warner OLB, BYU
  • 4.137 - Tarvarus McFadden CB, Florida State
  • 5.171 - Poona Ford DT, Texas
  • 6.191 (via LA Chargers) - Dimitri Flowers FB, Oklahoma 
  • 6.192 (via OAK) - Cedrick Wilson WR, Boise State
  • 6.193 - Darius Phillips CB, Western Michigan
  • 6.208 - Desmond Harrison T, West Georgia 
  • 7.236 - Jarvion Franklin RB, Western Michigan

V3
  • 1.19 - Leighton Vander Esch MLB, Boise State
  • 2.54 (via KC) - Austin Corbett G, Nevada
  • 3.81 - Michael Gallup WR, Colorado State
  • 3.86 (via KC) - P.J. Hall DT, Sam Houston State
  • 4.116 - Jordan Whitehead FS, Pittsburgh
  • 4.137 - Tarvarus McFadden CB, Florida State
  • 5.171 - Kalen Ballage RB, Arizona State
  • 6.192 (via OAK) - Dimitri Flowers FB, Oklahoma
  • 6.193 - Cedrick Wilson WR, Boise State
  • 6.208 - David Wells TE, San Diego State
  • 7.236 - Davin Bellamy EDGE, Georgia 

Don't have the link at the moment, but saw earlier on Twitter that Mike Fisher is hearing that the Cowboys like the depth of WR in this draft, and may wait until later to address it. Could go DL or LB in the first, trade 50 for ET, and move up to get their WR in the 3rd.

1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

If Vea is the selection, they likely have low hopes for Irving remaining on the active list this season, and zero aspirations for retaining him beyond 2018.

I don't think one precludes the other. But I don't think they have high hopes for Irving past this season anyways.

Archived