Mark Ingram

turtle28

He’s a healthy scratch for the Ravens this week. I don’t believe he has had any carries the last few games. The Ravens have supplanted his production with JK Dobbins & they use Gus Edwards as the hammer as they always have, similar to how we use Barber.

Depending on the cost, would you bring him in on a Adrian Peterson type contract (2 years $5.5 million) to be the back up to Gibson next year?

Or, should we just draft someone and also hope that Bryce Love finally gets healthy and can contribute?

I say depending on the cost, bring in Mark Ingram. I’d love to have a two-headed monster like we should’ve had this year and most of us though we would have with Peterson & Gibby splitting about 30 carries a game.

I’d be nice to get Gibby 20 touches a game next year between rushing & receiving, 10 touches for Ingram & still use McKissic as the third down/receiving back and even receiver sometimes too.

That could really make out backfield productive and help out Alex or whoever out QB is next year.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

No need to sign anyone at RB really.  Just draft a third-stringer since we also have McKissec.  RBs in the draft are a dime a dozen, just pick which skill set you want. 

Good lord, please. Take one, hell, take two in the late rounds if you want. But we have a starting RB and a 3rd down back. We’re looking for depth at the deepest position in the sport, we do not need to expend major resources on more RBs. What we spent on Peyton Barber was approaching too rich for my blood. 

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Good lord, please. Take one, hell, take two in the late rounds if you want. But we have a starting RB and a 3rd down back. We’re looking for depth at the deepest position in the sport, we do not need to expend major resources on more RBs. What we spent on Peyton Barber was approaching too rich for my blood. 

Good point