2020 Week #17 GDT Steelers vs. Browns

Steeler Hitman

Wouldn’t mind seeing Dobbs in the second half. Mason is just so incredibly underwhelming as a tackle football QB. He seems like a kid who has played 7 on 7 his while career and is just being introduced to a pass rush that can hit you. 

Played 4 years in college, started 3, started 8 last year and played in 2 more, and gets the most practice reps of any backup QB in the league. 

He ain’t it. He isn’t playing bad, but there’s no fixing what he is bad at to this point. Turn the page. 

• Like 2

Just now, Dcash4 said:

Wouldn’t mind seeing Dobbs in the second half. Mason is just so incredibly underwhelming as a tackle football QB. He seems like a kid who has played 7 on 7 his while career and is just being introduced to a pass rush that can hit you. 

Played 4 years in college, started 3, started 8 last year and played in 2 more, and gets the most practice reps of any backup QB in the league. 

He ain’t it. He isn’t playing bad, but there’s no fixing what he is bad at to this point. Turn the page. 

He's a JAG. I doubt he's in the NFL in 3-4 yrs

8 minutes ago, August4th said:

He's a JAG. I doubt he's in the NFL in 3-4 yrs

I’m almost afraid JAG is too generous of a title. There’s just no natural feel for either the pocket or diagnosing plays downfield. There’s just almost no reaction at times. That sack from Vernon he was just....standing there. There was no clock telling him “hey man, we gotta go”. The drive earlier on the 3rd down he is staring at his first look, never pulled the trigger, and then ran.

With or without Ben next year, I think Mason needs to be replaced.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I’m almost afraid JAG is too generous of a title. There’s just no natural feel for either the pocket or diagnosing plays downfield. There’s just almost no reaction at times. That sack from Vernon he was just....standing there. There was no clock telling him “hey man, we gotta go”. The drive earlier on the 3rd down he is staring at his first look, never pulled the trigger, and then ran.

With or without Ben next year, I think Mason needs to be replaced.  

JATC....Just A Traffic Cone.