The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

2 hours ago, Lionized said:

Alright sorry for the hold up. I was hoping to trade down but ultimately went with the best prospect available. I’m not in a win now mode so being able to sit on Miller for a year isn’t the worst thing possible. Dude is just to talented I’m sure he will find away to start taking over at the end of the year or hopefully next year. Still so much talent on the board. 

I like him a lot. I think Kamara is a sneaky candidate to be traded by the Saints. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I like him a lot. I think Kamara is a sneaky candidate to be traded by the Saints. 

He’s too expensive to trade. I’d be shocked if he’s traded. I’d bet he is resigned before he is traded

but Miller has looked good…so I’d expect him to be 1a-1b next year. I strongly considered him at 1.11 as a Saints fan but decided to stick with my board. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

He’s too expensive to trade. I’d be shocked if he’s traded. I’d bet he is resigned before he is traded

but Miller has looked good…so I’d expect him to be 1a-1b next year. I strongly considered him at 1.11 as a Saints fan but decided to stick with my board. 

He’s manageable this year and I’d assume any team trading for him would accompany that with a new contract. 

He’ll never be more valuable again on the trade market than he is today and the Saints have devoted legit capital to other talented RBs. 

Just my hunch after the Kareem Hunt rumors. 

1 minute ago, SaveOurSonics said:

He’s manageable this year and I’d assume any team trading for him would accompany that with a new contract. 

He’ll never be more valuable again on the trade market than he is today and the Saints have devoted legit capital to other talented RBs. 

Just my hunch after the Kareem Hunt rumors. 

As a Saints fan I just don’t see it. As delusional as it seems…the Saints think they are an NFC contender this season. Kamara has looked excellent this offseason…he’d be key to any success they may have. I like Hunt, Williams, and Miller…but none can do what Kamara does. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I am an Achane fan as well. If Miami doesn’t sign anyone else he could bang. 

I doubt that he’ll ever be a bellcow…but I’m less worried because I think he’s going to be really efficient and has some returner potential. I could easily see a Tony Pollard like role, in an offense that is perfect for his skills. I had Charb higher only because if Walker somehow gets hurt…Charb would be a league winner type. He’s pretty much a more talented James Conner

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

I doubt that he’ll ever be a bellcow…but I’m less worried because I think he’s going to be really efficient and has some returner potential. I could easily see a Tony Pollard like role, in an offense that is perfect for his skills. I had Charb higher only because if Walker somehow gets hurt…Charb would be a league winner type. He’s pretty much a more talented James Conner

Oh ya, definitely not a bellcow, but someone like Dalvin Cook would certainly take away his touch share / upside. 

1 minute ago, sammymvpknight said:

Could he be like Kamara?

5 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

As a Saints fan I just don’t see it. As delusional as it seems…the Saints think they are an NFC contender this season. Kamara has looked excellent this offseason…he’d be key to any success they may have. I like Hunt, Williams, and Miller…but none can do what Kamara does. 

None can do it as well as Kamara, certainly, but I’d argue Hunt or Fournette could fulfill a similar role. Kamara’s efficiency really dipped last year, so I’m not sure he’s the elite weapon we’ve grown accustomed to him being. 

The Saints would be wise to get something for him now while they can, but if they do see themselves as legit contenders, I can see them holding. 

It’s a strong RB room whether Kamara is there or not, however. 

4 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I don’t think so. Kamara was just unbelievably talented. 5’10 215…elite acceleration and route running, Drew Brees, Sean Payton. 

Yep. Doesn’t have Kamara’s 3 down potential. Tony Pollard would be a ceiling projection, with a souped up JD McKissic being a more likely outcome.