The Dirty Dozen Dynasty league (Discussion thread)

sammymvpknight

1 minute ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Because we aren't talking about mid-week pickups (lumping Monday adds into that). 

We're talking about the standard opening slate of waivers. Which usually run on Wednesday mornings in every other league on this good earth. There's no reason -- after all of the weeks games have been played -- that only certain teams should be able to bid on the top crop of FAs that week. Kyren Williams went for $1 FAAB because virtually no one else could bid. How is that not an issue? 

It does run on Wednesday here for the next week.  Every team has the same access to players and the same restrictions on players being locked.  We could remove Tuesday from the waivers but it wouldn't be any different than picking someone up on Sunday.  

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

It does run on Wednesday here for the next week.  Every team has the same access to players and the same restrictions on players being locked.  We could remove Tuesday from the waivers but it wouldn't be any different than picking someone up on Sunday.  

Yes, it also runs on Wednesdays. But the opening slate of new-week FA bidding begins on Tuesday in this league. You're right, we all have the same access. So I dropped the only two players I could. 

And yes, we should absolutely remove Tuesday waivers. Every other league on the planet does. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Yes, it also runs on Wednesdays. But the opening slate of new-week FA bidding begins on Tuesday in this league. You're right, we all have the same access. So I dropped the only two players I could. 

And yes, we should absolutely remove Tuesday waivers. Every other league on the planet does. 

Not every league, but yes it is more common.  And yes, adding players on Tuesday to run on Wednesdays waivers is the start of the new week.  Every player that played in the previous week is locked through Monday, so you can't submit them, which means the new week starts on Wednesday.  Yes its sort of dumb but also it could be done on Sunday evening with the same restrictions.  If you want to drop Breece Hall for Gardner Minshew, thats on you but most of us think that is a dumb move and won't drop our top RB for someone if they are the only option and will wait until the next day to put in a waiver claim.  In general, you are worried about adding guys like Jake Bobo, who nobody is clamoring to get anyways, so its not that big of an issue.  Its annoying, but it is not nearly the competitive advantage/disadvantage you are making it out to be. 

5 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Not every league, but yes it is more common.  And yes, adding players on Tuesday to run on Wednesdays waivers is the start of the new week.  Every player that played in the previous week is locked through Monday, so you can't submit them, which means the new week starts on Wednesday.  Yes its sort of dumb but also it could be done on Sunday evening with the same restrictions.  If you want to drop Breece Hall for Gardner Minshew, thats on you but most of us think that is a dumb move and won't drop our top RB for someone if they are the only option and will wait until the next day to put in a waiver claim.  In general, you are worried about adding guys like Jake Bobo, who nobody is clamoring to get anyways, so its not that big of an issue.  Its annoying, but it is not nearly the competitive advantage/disadvantage you are making it out to be. 

It'd just be nice if I could have my Bobo toy without the fear of someone else plucking him for $1 due to a bogus, unprecedented rule. 

This isn't adding players on Tuesdays to run on Wednesdays. It's adding players on Monday night -- if you're lucky enough to have a roster spot -- to run on Tuesday. If you don't have the opportunity to do that, you likely miss out on the first wave of FAs. 

It's blowing my mind this concept is getting any sort of pushback. No one can be enjoying this? lol 

4 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think the current issues are being overblown, I think the past issues were under handled. It was a material issue when Kyren Williams went for $2 in week one because nobody knew waivers were going to run Tuesday and that if you didn’t have a free roster spot you could miss out. At this point, it is known that if you want to claim a player on Tuesday and not risk them making it to Wednesday, you need to approach the previous week with a free roster spot. It isn’t that hard between dropping a nobody or putting someone on IR. 

Ideally, when the issue was discovered after week 1, the most fair solution would have been to drop the claimed players back into the waivers pile and let everyone bid on them. After that, it is on each owner to decide if they want to leave a roster spot open to have first crack at the waiver guys the next week. Now that everyone knows, I don’t get why it is such a big deal. 

• Like 1

Just now, SaveOurSonics said:

It'd just be nice if I could have my Bobo toy without the fear of someone else plucking him for $1 due to a bogus, unprecedented rule. 

This isn't adding players on Tuesdays to run on Wednesdays. It's adding players on Monday night -- if you're lucky enough to have a roster spot -- to run on Tuesday. If you don't have the opportunity to do that, you likely miss out on the first wave of FAs. 

It's blowing my mind this concept is getting any sort of pushback. No one can be enjoying this? lol 

Well given most teams aren't dropping guys on bye weeks by Monday, they must be players they value, and are extremely unlikely to pick them up for the Bobo's of the world prior to Wednesday.  

And yes I get that it is running on Monday for Tuesday if you have a roster spot, and if you have a roster spot, that is part of the strategy.  If you want the advantage, drop your worst player on Saturday night and have an open spot for a breakout player.  Again, if you look at all of the waivers claimed on Tuesday, nobody is getting stars for nothing.  

And I am not claiming this rule is the best rule, I agree its sort of dumb.  But its also a rule we all deal with, doesn't really provide an advantage unless someone is willing to drop Breece Hall for a scrub QB.  And if thats the case, someone else will have to be savy enough to get Hall off waivers.  Its a rule, its implemented and can't be changed until next year at the earliest if they choose to change it.  In the meantime, we all play by the rules that are there.  Not every fantasy league has to be the same.  I am in one that has no waivers other than players who are dropped are on waivers for a day.  Other than that you can pick up and drop whenever for whenever.  Its weird and difficult but also fun and a different rule or strategy to figure out instead of complaining to make it like the rest of my leagues. 

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Well given most teams aren't dropping guys on bye weeks by Monday, they must be players they value, and are extremely unlikely to pick them up for the Bobo's of the world prior to Wednesday.  

And yes I get that it is running on Monday for Tuesday if you have a roster spot, and if you have a roster spot, that is part of the strategy.  If you want the advantage, drop your worst player on Saturday night and have an open spot for a breakout player.  Again, if you look at all of the waivers claimed on Tuesday, nobody is getting stars for nothing.  

And I am not claiming this rule is the best rule, I agree its sort of dumb.  But its also a rule we all deal with, doesn't really provide an advantage unless someone is willing to drop Breece Hall for a scrub QB.  And if thats the case, someone else will have to be savy enough to get Hall off waivers.  Its a rule, its implemented and can't be changed until next year at the earliest if they choose to change it.  In the meantime, we all play by the rules that are there.  Not every fantasy league has to be the same.  I am in one that has no waivers other than players who are dropped are on waivers for a day.  Other than that you can pick up and drop whenever for whenever.  Its weird and difficult but also fun and a different rule or strategy to figure out instead of complaining to make it like the rest of my leagues. 

I am long past complaining about the rule. 

Now I’m just operating within the confines of it. Not entirely sure what we’re debating. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I am long past complaining about the rule. 

Now I’m just operating within the confines of it. Not entirely sure what we’re debating. 

I feel like dropping Hall was more of an attempt to draw more attention to it and complain again. Which is what I initially responded to. 

Given he knowingly dropped Hall for Minshew, I feel like it should go through and have open waivers for Hall and Mingo now.  If he purposely chose to drop them, he shouldn’t get them back when the rule states they should be on waivers. 

28 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Again, I'm not entirely sure what we're discussing at this point lol. The milk has been spilled. We've cleaned it up.

If the takeaway here is "don't do that again, SOS", just say that. 

SOS is the hero that we need but didn’t deserve. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Again, I'm not entirely sure what we're discussing at this point lol. The milk has been spilled. We've cleaned it up.

If the takeaway here is "don't do that again, SOS", just say that. 

We're all adults & we all know the rules.

We we put the players back on your team because earlier I offered you to test the Tue waivers & indicated I would put the players back if it worked. That offer is now completed & will not be extended.