The Florida Gators thread

Scalamania

1 hour ago, GreenShore said:

How are you surprised?

Pretty obvious - kid keeps making mistake after mistake and Mac doesn't seem like the coach who is going to deal with that. He's becoming more trouble then he's worth and we have Cleveland waiting behind him to step up. 

13 hours ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

Pretty obvious - kid keeps making mistake after mistake and Mac doesn't seem like the coach who is going to deal with that. He's becoming more trouble then he's worth and we have Cleveland waiting behind him to step up. 

I don't know if I'd say Mac is the type of coach who doesn't want to deal with off the field issues. 

Mac took on James Robinson who literally nobody wanted due to his baggage. 

Mac does anything he can to avoid having to suspend the players he needs to have on the field the most. It's pretty well known at this point he's let players get away with a lot of things off the field that wouldn't fly at most other schools. 

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Welp, Scarlett was involved in that whole credit card scam and is suspended for Saturday. Luckily we have Perine, but I really don't want Thompson to see frequent reps, which this suspension likely means. 

Hopefully this is the last of them. It's embarrassing at this point and whoever is leading these dimwits to do this should be kicked off the team immediately. 

McElwain said recapping the Michigan game, he loved the atmosphere. “Gator fans came out in force.” Said “our young guys played really well” and “the atmosphere wasn’t too big for us.”

McElwain said Feleipe Franks will start at QB “That was kind of the plan. I think both guys did some things they’d like back.”

McElwain on if he had any second thoughts about how he handled QBs vs. Michigan: “No. It was one of those things where we were going to go with Luke there in the 2-minute. … That would have been the one thing, and yet we felt that [Zaire] could get us out of the trouble.”

McElwain on offensive line: “Brett Heggie played pretty good. He was one of the young guys that the atmosphere wasn’t too big for”. He added that communication broke down from the center outside. “One thing I want you to know is I believe in these guys. … We’ve looked at it. We’ve made corrections. We’re a pretty good football team.”

Some blips from Macs press conference on Monday. 

On 9/6/2017 at 2:46 PM, eggybucsfan31 said:

Saturday's game moved to noon and will only be available on the WatchESPN app and SECN+. 

Game is cancelled - which is the correct decision, this should've been done from the start. 

Edited by Remixxxxxxx
  • Like 1