BDL Discussion Thread 2021

Jlash

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I still don't understand what Ragnarok was thinking giving Ahkello Witherspoon $4400/year for 5 years. Just got traded to Pittsburgh to be their 4th/5th CB.

That if it didn't work out, there's something called a 3Down.

He is going to play behind a much better front 7, so I'm pretty happy with his new home.  

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

That if it didn't work out, there's something called a 3Down.

He is going to play behind a much better front 7, so I'm pretty happy with his new home.  

I don't love the plan of blowing your 3+ year 3 Down on a guy you knew was on a one-year deal and was never that good to begin with when you knew the cap was going down substantially the following year, but hope that works out for you

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I don't love the plan of blowing your 3+ year 3 Down on a guy you knew was on a one-year deal and was never that good to begin with when you knew the cap was going down substantially the following year, but hope that works out for you

Who else on my roster would I use it on?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Who else on my roster would I use it on?

Trey Hendrickson when he reverts back to being the same player he's always been.

Apart from that, you have guys like Aaron Jones and Hunter Henry who, while fine players, you know have had issues staying on the field in the past. I've just never liked the practice of signing a guy to a 4+ year deal in FA unless you know he's a star. 3 Downs are a limited resource and especially so when you're talking about getting out of a long-term contract.

Edited by Blue

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Trey Hendrickson when he reverts back to being the same player he's always been.

Apart from that, you have guys like Aaron Jones and Hunter Henry who, while fine players, you know have had issues staying on the field in the past. I've just never liked the practice of signing a guy to a 4+ year deal in FA unless you know he's a star. 3 Downs are a limited resource and especially so when you're talking about getting out of a long-term contract.

There's no way I'd use a 3D on any of Hendrickson, Jones, or Henry next offseason, even if they got injured this season.  

I took a shot on a talented player at a position of need who lost his job in the past week, so now gets to play behind a better defensive front.  And its not like he has established guys to beat out.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I took a shot on a talented player at a position of need who lost his job in the past week, so now gets to play behind a better defensive front.  And its not like he has established guys to beat out.

okay but what does that have to do with Ahkello Witherspoon