GT: Clemson vs Ohio State

sammymvpknight

6 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Question guys, if Fields blasts Alabama;

1. Do some of you consider him #1?

2. Do you think that changes the perspective in your front office on who they should pick?

IMO Lawrence is still the guy, nothing changes that. 

Absolutely not. Two great performances from Fields does not change that Trevor is at worst the best prospect since Andrew Luck. 

22 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

2. Do you think that changes the perspective in your front office on who they should pick?

I think Clemson still loses the game regardless if they had the OC. I just think it would have been a closer contest. Clemson D was putrid this evening.. I’d still take Lawrence from a pure upside standpoint.. but I think when Fields career is done they’ll be talking about both players like Marino, Elway, Kelly. Fields may be an afterthought now but when his career is over fans will be saying Trevor was the man but that Fields guy was a HOFer too he wasn’t too shabby.

Edited by DuvalsKing

38 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I think Clemson still loses the game regardless if they had the OC. I just think it would have been a closer contest. Clemson D was putrid this evening.. I’d still take Lawrence from a pure upside standpoint.. but I think when Fields career is done they’ll be talking about both players like Marino, Elway, Kelly. Fields may be an afterthought now but when his career is over fans will be saying Trevor was the man but that Fields guy was a HOFer too he wasn’t too shabby.

Doesn't really matter who wins or loses the game tbh. Of course as a Jags fan who knows he'll be here in a few months I'd love to see him go out on top but it's not like it matters.

Generational QB prospect since he was in high school. Lost twice in his college career. Elite tools, great leader/intangibles, star factor that will do amazing things for the city and likely be a big reason why they stay in JAX if they do.

I love Fields and have backed him up all over the forum the past few months, but as a pure prospect he doesn't touch Lawrence. That doesn't mean he can't be better or he doesn't have big upside himself, but Fields is most definitely more raw and is going to need work to be successful at the NFL level. That type of risk isn't there with Lawrence. Say we somehow botch the GM/HC situation, I feel infinitely better about Lawrence working through the storm and coming out on top/not getting ruined than Fields. 

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Lawrence is #1.  Nothing is going to change that at this point.

Fields had a great game but boy it was clear that he had every advantage to Lawrence. His OL was substantially better and it wasn’t close. Fields had time to do a crossword puzzle back there before getting the throw away. Lawrence was under duress the entire game and in spite of that made quick decisions and got the ball out quickly. Still 100% onboard with Trevor. 

The best part is he still threw for 400 yards and 2 TDs while being pressured constantly and terrible playcalling.

At the end of the day, no QB is going to be immune to pressure, and last night it was about as bad as it gets.

It’s super obvious that Tony Elliott scripted the first two drives, and once they had to call plays off script, everything went to hell.

Trevor would have had a monster game if Elliott was calling plays. The constant pressure + poor play calling that didn’t adjust to the pressure are the largest factors in him having a *poor* game.