1. 1. Which top ten player?

• Ja'Marr Chase, WR
    • DeVonta Smith, WR
    • Micah Parsons, LB
    • Jaycee Horn, CB
    • Penei Sewell, OT
    • Zach Wilson, QB
    • Gregory Rousseau, DE

We've reached the conclusion of the season and dammit i'm happy we tanked the last game to get this pick. After Howie's and Doug's Press Conference today, it seems to me they are pretty set at Carson being the QB and getting things right with him. So the names listed in poll are the most likely candidates that will be available to choose from for the eagles and I can make a case for each one at each position.  I will list my preference from 1-5

1. Ja'Marr Chase - To me, this is the dream scenario pick for the Eagles. We have lacked serious talent at wide receiver really since 2004. DeSean was our best pick since then but none of us would consider him a #1 option in his prime. Ja'Marr has all the tools to be an impact WR1 from day one 
  2. DeVonta Smith - Smooth, fluid, and fast. The Heisman winner has great route running ability and tremendous after the catch ability. Either of these two picks are a win in my eyes. My only reservation with Smith is his weight. There is not many 175 pound players in the NFL and his durability will be questioned.
  3. Micah Parsons - Addressing the LB position is long overdue. Parsons is a sideline to sideline tackler and closely resembles a Patrick Willis. 
  4. Jaycee Horn - We have STRUGGLED with getting quality cornerback play and with Schwartz gone, maybe we can develop one nicely. Horn is fast and fluid and could be the lockdown #1 we've been looking for. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have two top corners on our field covering the ever growing passing league. 
  5. Penei Sewell - Is our OT situation locked up with Mailata having a good season? if none of the above are available then Sewell is the BPA. 
Edited by eagles18

1 minute ago, Danger said:

still doubt this. Maybe if we actually do clean house and get rid of Howie and Doug, but their continued existence here is dependent on the success of Jalen Hurts.

bruh, we a QB factory. They aren't going into a season with all the chips pushed in on Hurts and no one else.

still doubt this. Maybe if we actually do clean house and get rid of Howie and Doug, but their continued existence here is dependent on the success of Jalen Hurts.

I think we all know including Howie and Doug that Jalen has shown nothing in his four games as starter to be slotted in as the future Eagles Starter. Yesterday he went 7/20 for 72 yards. Since taking over for Wentz, he completed 52% of his passes, 5 INT and 6 Fumbles (2 lost)

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

bruh, we a QB factory. They aren't going into a season with all the chips pushed in on Hurts and no one else.

Still fairly certain Doug hated Carson even coming into the season because Carson didn't want to play the way Doug wants his QB to play, so Doug told Howie to draft Hurts, and the QB factory excuse is just the best thing Howie could come up with on the fly.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Still fairly certain Doug hated Carson even coming into the season because Carson didn't want to play the way Doug wants his QB to play, so Doug told Howie to draft Hurts, and the QB factory excuse is just the best thing Howie could come up with on the fly.

Eh idk... We had no business being in the playoffs last year with the amount of injuries we had a WR. Wentz played inspired football with not talent other than a rookie in Miles and Zach Ertz. So considering that, it be hard to say you want a different QB. Wentz played great football last year. His injury caused it . 

Edited by eagles18
  • Like 1

Danger big brain-ing over here

seems_a_little_crazy_weird_al.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eagles18 said:

Eh idk... We had no business being in the playoffs last year with the amount of injuries we had a WR. Wentz played inspired football with not talent other than a rookie in Miles and Zach Ertz. 

But Doug is overly, and unjustifiably prideful, and he clearly wanted to do things his way and not listen to anybody else. Hell he wouldn't even fire Groh and Walsh until Lurie made him.

2 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Parsons is an overall great LB.. He can cover and pass rush. 

Was actually a DE when teams were recruiting him in high school. He probably would have stayed at DE if Penn State wasn't so deep at the position when he enrolled.