Horror Movie Mafia Sign up and Game thread

bcb1213

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

Okay got it.....didn't realize how important the opening post can be and to keep going back to it.

In a more vanilla game the OP would have helpful things like the roles, their powers, and the overall ratio. We've only had that in 1 of 5 games since the forum transition :(

4 minutes ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

idk. It does say "independant" in blue. Not sure if its just supposed to be independent (as in not mafia or civ?) or if its intentionally misspelled as a reference to something. Maybe a neutral character dying would lead to everyone being mad? I guess that makes sense.

I think it just means neutral. Not affiliated with either, then he was killed by humans so the evil villains seek revenge.

Just now, theuntouchable said:

So where does your blue text come in?

Jesus Christ. I'm Hannibal Lecter. I have sick observation skills. I investigated Bucs on n1 and he came back Cult. A cults ability is basically convert someone every night until you own majority. Makes sense for this game where you need majority to Lynch. 

Gizmo/bcb gets water spilled on him and creates a bunch of evil gremlins in the movie. In the game I suspect Bucs is another gremlin and the fact the multiply so fast in the movie is what the cult ability is based off of. 

The question I have, are the gremlins/cult our biggest/only threat?

What if there is no mafia and it's only cult? Their goal to win would be to overtake the majority. Either way that's bad for town cause it takes away your ability based on most normal cult mechanics.

I don't know what to think of a cult mechanic, but It's odd that my role was red and his was blue and that almost always means they're competing. 

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

Jesus Christ. I'm Hannibal Lecter. I have sick observation skills. I investigated Bucs on n1 and he came back Cult. A cults ability is basically convert someone every night until you own majority. Makes sense for this game where you need majority to Lynch. 

Gizmo/bcb gets water spilled on him and creates a bunch of evil gremlins in the movie. In the game I suspect Bucs is another gremlin and the fact the multiply so fast in the movie is what the cult ability is based off of. 

Okay then. This is what I was looking for when I complained about the soft claiming.

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

The question I have, are the gremlins/cult our biggest/only threat?

What if there is no mafia and it's only cult? Their goal to win would be to overtake the majority. Either way that's bad for town cause it takes away your ability based on most normal cult mechanics.

I don't know what to think of a cult mechanic, but It's odd that my role was red and his was blue and that almost always means they're competing. 

Whether they're the main threat or not, being able to take some of us pretty clearly makes them against us.

bucs

I don’t love that so much could potentially  happen when players are sleeping. Anytime hits/moves are a thing, could definitely be in this game.

Hopefully I wake up and not too much has transpired.

Vote history

Player  
People they've voted for

James : mookie tk3 tk3 bucs    
CWood :            
bucs : mookie tk3        
whicker : tk3          
utley :            
untouch : tk3 et et      
hockey : olexmad pats tk3 tk3    
dome : bucs bucs bucs bucs    
ksj : hockey tk3 bucs      
jfin :            
tk3 : mookie mookie mookie bucs mookie bucs
pats : bucs mookie bucs      
mookie : bucs pats        
et : bucs bucs        

I haven’t liked Whicker or untouch for a while. If I get killed and turn up civ at least you guys will know my hunches were genuine. Maybe CWood but he might’ve just walked into the other factions post. Hard to say.

On 10/15/2017 at 7:09 PM, bcb1213 said:

Watching the action, Untouchable has been keeping a close eye on things.  Unfrotunately for him, his diminuitive stature leaves him vulnerable, and this night, that vulnerability has come into play.  From behind him, a man sneaks up and throws Untouchable into a burly sack  Untouchable curses at himself for not carrying his usual knife with him.  Nest thing he knows, he is being hung upside down and beaten with what feels to be some sort of crooked stick.

Suddenly, two small slits are cut into the bag.  Ahead of him, Untouchable can see a firey pit.  Next thing he knows, he is slowly moving towards his doom and the fire itself!

Your name is quite the irony now isn't it

Throughout your life, you have gained the trust of many people and even have legions of fans.  However, at every turn, you murrder them.  Now, it is only them who can save you.  With every SAVEUNTOUCHABLE  vote in the thread, you will be dropped one inch lower on the conveyor belt string.  If you reach nine inches, you will fall short of the fire.  Anything else will catch the bag, and therefore you into flames.   You have two hours to plead your case.  Good Luck!

"Diminuitive stature". "Not carrying his usual knife". "legions of fans, however at every turn you murder them". Do these ring a bell, @domepatrol91

Archived