2021 Free Agent Thread

MikeT14

Just now, turtle28 said:

It’s not a fake account, it’s guy just saying what he heard Schefter say but it’s obvious the deal hasn’t been signed yet. He’s negotiating with the Patriots too, sounds like a back and forth.

Not it’s a troll account pissing everyone off 

It’s not like he’s a bad player or anything. It’s not like shelling out money for Kendrick Bourne and Nelson Agholor or something. We could really use a guy like him. 

But you just don’t have to pay guys like this. Slot/gadget players, which is what he is. Let’s not make any mistake about that. They tried to use him as an actual receiver in 2019, and it failed miserably. He was awful. Rhule and Joe Brady moved him to where he belongs, and he had the 2020 season that got him paid — by the same dunce that misused him in the first place. You can’t make some of this stuff up. 

The worst part of this one is, we already have McKissic (and to a lesser extent Gibson). So there’s almost no team in the league with less need for the novelty and versatility of a guy who can play both RB and WR, which is Samuel’s big draw. For all the basketball fans out there, I guess we’re aiming for the first fully “positionless” NFL lineup. 

EDIT: I GOT GOT! I have ordered the troops to stand down and return to DEF-CON 4 for the time being.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

Just now, e16bball said:

It’s not like he’s a bad player or anything. It’s not like shelling out money for Kendrick Bourne and Nelson Agholor or something. We could really use a guy like him. 

But you just don’t have to pay guys like this. Slot/gadget players, which is what he is. Let’s not make any mistake about that. They tried to use him as an actual receiver in 2019, and it failed miserably. He was awful. Rhule and Joe Brady moved him to where he belongs, and he had the 2020 season that got him paid — by the same dunce that misused him in the first place. You can’t make some of this stuff up. 

The worst part of this one is, we already have McKissic (and to a lesser extent Gibson). So there’s almost no team in the league with less need for the novelty and versatility of a guy who can play both RB and WR, which is Samuel’s big draw. For all the basketball fans out there, I guess we’re aiming for the first fully “positionless” NFL lineup. 

Yeah, I mentioned Agholor a while back. If we end up with him it won’t be the worst thing, he was solid last year.

44 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Will Fuller is the WR I'm hoping we land.

He'd be perfect!

Yeah he stays injured, sound about right. He already has one torn ACL, Fed Ex field is always the best place to get your second ACL tear!

Edited by turtle28