Total Control Mock Draft (TCMD)

squire12

Welcome to another installment of NFL Total Control GM Mock Draft!  

This is the full version mock containing free agency, trades and draft.

giphy.gif
TCMD WANTS YOU....

If interested in joining please post your 3 team choices from favorite to least favorite.  We’ll do our best to place you with one of these teams.  Preference will be given to those members willing to help manage this mock and if you’re a fan of the team.

Example of sign up post:

Fan of the New York Giants

1.  New York Giants

2. Green Bay Packers

3. New Orleans Saints

For those not familiar with Total Control, what we’ve developed is a GM mock draft using google drive spreadsheets and designed it so that the workload of managing such a task is greatly reduced while still providing its members with a fully comprehensive mock draft experience.  Using thousands of formulas built into these workbooks, allows you to focus more on having fun than scrabbling around searching for information or stressing over if you’ve made the correct calculations for your Top 51 salary cap.  With this mock draft, you’ll be able to build your favorite team utilizing the workbooks to keep track of not only your moves but all 32 teams’ individual transactions.  Total Control GM Mock Draft is designed to operate as close to a real offseason as possible, while maintaining an unbiased and fair approach from start to finish.

The free agency is designed around the concept of blind bidding.  You aren’t limited to which players you can bid on during the free agency, but you are restricted to the number of offers you can make within each round of free agent bidding.  This process allows each team the luxury to bid on any available player within the free agency, regardless of rank or position.  So teams with limited funds are still able to enjoy the mock draft without the need to wait patiently while the top talent is removed from the board.  To keep it fair, the team that offers up the highest amount of money is awarded the player, eliminating the need for “agents” as well as the need to create contract “pitches”.  It's a solid and simple system for a complex process.  

The Draft phase of TCMD was also upgraded, in that rather than you having to keep track of players as they are selected, we track each pick in a timely manner eliminating mistakes of selecting players that have already been drafted.  We’ve also included an easy way for each team to privately build their big board, making it easier to game plan with your fellow teammates if you wish to conduct your business with others in a sub forum ran mock draft.

• Like 1

Alright Gmen!

Myself and @YogiBiz will be heading this up as the Giants general managers.  If any of you are interested in helping us out or just want to drop suggestions/feedback please jump in.  All are welcome.  We'll be making a new war room thread when I get the official workbooks finished up, until then we can work with this one.

Let's make this a group effort and have some fun!  

49 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

So what is Evan Engrams value? Same with Zeitler and Peppers. Gotta save some money TO SPEND IT ALL. 

And in terms of replacements we could draft Kyle Pitts at 11 if Smith/Chase are gone. Pitts is a pretty good blocker given his limited reps there. 

Zeitler isn't a must move and is someone I would only consider moving if we absolutely need the Cap. 

Top targets for each area should be:

O-Line: 

Corey Linsley OC Green Bay. - He has been an elite center for years now. He's surrendered only 4 pressures all year, and Green Bay is $22M over the Cap.

Matt Feiler OL Pittsburgh Steelers - Feiler has been a consistently good player the past four years. He has played at LG and RT for the Steelers but was better at RT (the more valuable position). If we need him to play LG, he could play there relatively well. 

Skill Positions: 

This WR class is going to be expensive, but let's jump into a quick ranking. Also I don't think the Bucs just let Godwin go. 

1. Allen Robinson WR Chicago Bears -Easily the best of the bunch if he can dominate with Trubisky and Foles throwing him the ball. 
  2. Kenny Golladay WR Detroit Lions - A close 1b to Robinsons 1a Kenny embodies all of the same traits Robinson does that we need out of the the receiver position. Either would be a god send. 
  3.  Corey Davis WR Tennessee Titans - Corey Davis catches everything. He has really come into his own. He might never become an elite #1 guy, but he still has that potential. At worst he is one of the best complimentary Receivers in the league. 

Outside of those three there isn't a true #1 kinda guy. Fuller would be an interesting target but don't we already deal with enough WRs missing time with injuries. You could definitely convince me drafting a receiver is a better option. 

I do think we absolutely need a backup for Saquon and if we can't keep Gallman. Mike Davis is a good option there. 

We are going to need a TE in this draft and we are in a prime position to draft the best one to come out in a while. (I might be pushing hard for Pitts this year).

If we don't spend too much money on offense (gotta make good on our two top 10 investments in the backfield), here is a short list a guys I like at the EDGE position. I think we have an in-house-replacement (BJ Hill) for whichever between Leonard Williams and Dalvin Tomlinson we decide to keep or let walk (although I would like to find a way to keep both but I don't know ho feasible it would be to do this and offer a top EDGE rusher good money).

1. Carl Lawson
  2. Yannick Ngakoue 
  3. Haason Reddick 
  4. Trey Hendrickson 
  5. Romeo Okwara
  6. Matt Judon
  7. Bud Dupree

I believe we have the potential to buy low on #2 CB like either Troy Hill (LA Rams) or Gareon Conley (Texans). Both players excel at man coverage (Hill is much better in zone than Conley but Conley is one of the most underrated man corners in the league). Hill offers more versatility cause he's shown the ability to play on the inside and outside throughout his tenure in LA. Those are bargain guys who could be valuable.

Edited by YogiBiz

4 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

And in terms of replacements we could draft Kyle Pitts at 11 if Smith/Chase are gone. Pitts is a pretty good blocker given his limited reps there.

Pitts scares me for this reason.  I don't know if there is evidence to support a correlation between bow legged-ness and lower leg injuries, but Ahmad Bradshaw had this condition and he seemed to deal with lower leg issues IIRC.

19 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

So what is Evan Engrams value? Same with Zeitler and Peppers. Gotta save some money TO SPEND IT ALL. 

I want to say last year I traded him for a 3rd round pick.  Not sure if that's his value now.

Zeitler probably isn't worth much in this mock.  Guards aren't valued all that high unless you're Q. Nelson.

Peppers would probably warrant a 3rd rounder.

This sounds like Dave Gettleman talk...haha.  Trading a serviceable tight end only to replace him with a top pick.

Zeitler isn't a must move and is someone I would only consider moving if we absolutely need the Cap.

I'd like to see once I get these workbooks finished up what it would look like if we were to restructure or even extend his contract.  We're one of the few teams that after 2023 we have zero players under contract.  So we can afford to spread some contracts out long term.

I'd also like to look at what extending some other contracts would look like.  Bradberry and Blake Martinez signed some pretty short deals last year.   

O-Line: 

Corey Linsley OC Green Bay. - He has been an elite center for years now. He's surrendered only 4 pressures all year, and Green Bay is $22M over the Cap.

Matt Feiler OL Pittsburgh Steelers - Feiler has been a consistently good player the past four years. He has played at LG and RT for the Steelers but was better at RT (the more valuable position). If we need him to play LG, he could play there relatively well.

Brandon Scherff would be one I looked to target I think he can play either guard and right tackle.  Also wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Brett Jones, why Dave traded him to the Vikings I'll never know.

Skill Positions: 

This WR class is going to be expensive, but let's jump into a quick ranking. Also I don't think the Bucs just let Godwin go. 

1. Allen Robinson WR Chicago Bears -Easily the best of the bunch if he can dominate with Trubisky and Foles throwing him the ball. 
  2. Kenny Golladay WR Detroit Lions - A close 1b to Robinsons 1a Kenny embodies all of the same traits Robinson does that we need out of the the receiver position. Either would be a god send. 
  3.  Corey Davis WR Tennessee Titans - Corey Davis catches everything. He has really come into his own. He might never become an elite #1 guy, but he still has that potential. At worst he is one of the best complimentary Receivers in the league. 

This is a position we are hurting at so I'm not opposed to tossing the kitchen sink at to get some real talent.  The Giants spent stupid money on Golden Tate and some would even say Sterling Sheppard is making too much for what he does.  Sterling has always been a better slot receiver so whomever we end up with should be outside receivers.  Done targeting these little receivers.  Haven't looked at the depth of free agency yet but I'm sure there is some positional depth within this group, just a matter of finding it.  Regardless, we need talent at this position via the draft or free agency.

I do think we absolutely need a backup for Saquon and if we can't keep Gallman. Mike Davis is a good option there. 

Wouldn't mind shopping Barkley.  He seems to be dealing with injury every season.  Missed basically the entire season last year, and 3 games in 2019.  His rookie year was his best year and he may never return.  Only plus side to keeping him is his rookie deal, which expires after this coming season.  We'll have the option to apply the 5th year option which is ball park costing around 9 million for a single season and I seriously doubt he'd even consider resigning to a long term deal.  Anyway food for thought.

We are going to need a TE in this draft and we are in a prime position to draft the best one to come out in a while. (I might be pushing hard for Pitts this year).

Stop pushing...haha.  Call me old school but tight ends in the first round, early first round when we have so many other positions of need would be a tough pill to swallow.  I could see it if we already had a receiving core and an offensive line, but we seem to have the same holes on this roster every year.  I wanna say Gettleman applied the 5th year option to Engram last year, costing us a little over 6 million this year.  I like the idea of having a blocking TE, but figure that would be an easy find late in the draft or within FA.

If we don't spend too much money on offense (gotta make good on our two top 10 investments in the backfield), here is a short list a guys I like at the EDGE position. I think we have an in-house-replacement (BJ Hill) for whichever between Leonard Williams and Dalvin Tomlinson we decide to keep or let walk (although I would like to find a way to keep both but I don't know ho feasible it would be to do this and offer a top EDGE rusher good money).

1. Carl Lawson
  2. Yannick Ngakoue 
  3. Haason Reddick 
  4. Trey Hendrickson 
  5. Romeo Okwara
  6. Matt Judon
  7. Bud Dupree

The way this mock is designed it'll be tough to retain both of these ends.  I'd rather retain Williams simply because he has earned it but tagging him isn't going to come cheap as it'll be 120% of his previous tag.  Now we'd be able to extend his contract afterwards and just back load it because we'll have the cap in the future to manage it.  Would be great if they could work out an extension now.

Dalvin we'd be bidding on him in the open market and I think BJ Hill is a hidden talent at stuffing the run so I'd be cool with letting him walk.  Maybe put a fair offer out there for him and hope that other teams overlook him early in the fa bidding rounds.

Another mistake by the Giants letting this guy go, but Romeo Okwara would be a solid addition to our lineup.  Wouldn't mind landing any of these edge rushers you listed here.

I believe we have the potential to buy low on #2 CB like either Troy Hill (LA Rams) or Gareon Conley (Texans). Both players excel at man coverage (Hill is much better in zone than Conley but Conley is one of the most underrated man corners in the league). Hill offers more versatility cause he's shown the ability to play on the inside and outside throughout his tenure in LA. Those are bargain guys who could be valuable.

I haven't had a chance to look over the FA yet so I'll need to get back with you on this.  Just looking the list over there is quit a bit of talent at this position.  Hill is graded out as the most costly.  Conley is graded out low only because he didn't play last season, so he could be a steal but I bet you money other people are seeing this and bid him up.  

I'll be posting some details for this mock draft in the coming days.  We still have several weeks to go before this officially starts.

Troy Hill CB 4 97.3%
Michael Davis CB 3 95.5%
Mike Hilton CB 3 95.1%
Terrance Mitchell CB 6 89.2%
Xavier Rhodes CB 7 88.8%
Brian Poole CB 4 88.3%
Patrick Peterson CB 9 86.5%
Shaquill Griffin CB 3 85.2%
Dre Kirkpatrick CB 8 84.8%
Ronald Darby CB 5 84.3%
Bashaud Breeland CB 6 81.6%
Jason Verrett CB 6 80.3%
Cameron Sutton CB 3 79.4%
William Jackson III CB 4 78.5%
Sidney Jones CB 3 77.1%
T.J. Carrie CB 6 76.7%
Nevin Lawson CB 6 76.2%
Vernon Hargreaves CB 4 74.9%
Rasul Douglas CB 3 74.0%
Desmond King CB 3 73.5%
Johnathan Joseph CB 14 67.7%
Darqueze Dennard CB 6 67.3%
LeShaun Sims CB 4 66.4%
Jamar Taylor CB 7 65.9%
Jourdan Lewis CB 3 65.0%
Mackensie Alexander CB 4 62.8%
Kevin Johnson CB 5 61.4%
Quinton Dunbar CB 5 59.6%
Corn Elder CB 3 57.4%
Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB 6 57.0%
Jason McCourty CB 11 56.1%
Darryl Roberts CB 5 55.2%
Kevin King CB 3 53.8%
Arthur Maulet CB 3 52.0%
Cre'Von LeBlanc CB 4 50.7%
Chidobe Awuzie CB 3 49.3%
Holton Hill CB 0 48.9%
K'Waun Williams CB 5 47.5%
Nickell Robey-Coleman CB 7 46.2%
Josh Norman CB 8 44.8%
Fabian Moreau CB 3 44.4%
Dontae Johnson CB 5 43.0%
P.J. Williams CB 5 42.6%
Jamal Perry CB 2 40.8%
Richard Sherman CB 9 40.4%
Phillip Gaines CB 6 39.5%
D.J. Hayden CB 7 37.7%
De'Vante Bausby CB 3 37.2%
Tye Smith CB 4 34.1%
Daryl Worley CB 4 32.3%
Antonio Hamilton CB 4 29.6%
Tramon Williams CB 13 28.7%
Greg Mabin CB 3 28.3%
Ahkello Witherspoon CB 3 25.6%
Justin Bethel CB 8 24.2%
Jamal Agnew CB 3 23.1%
Ross Cockrell CB 6 19.7%
Kevin Peterson CB 3 18.8%
C.J. Goodwin CB 4 17.9%
Eli Apple CB 0 14.8%
Tony McRae CB 3 9.9%
Chris Milton CB 4 8.1%
Ryan Smith CB 4 4.9%
Artie Burns CB 4 0.0%
Bennett Jackson CB 2 0.0%
Brandon Carr CB 0 0.0%
Gareon Conley CB 3 0.0%
Johnson Bademosi CB 8 0.0%
Ken Crawley CB 3 0.0%
Neiko Thorpe CB 7 0.0%

On 1/15/2021 at 9:51 AM, YogiBiz said:

O-Line: 

I agree Zeitler should not be a must move. We have to many questions at the other guard position. The coaching staff is clearly not happy with Hernedez giving the lack of playing time and Lemieux was horrible in pass protection. 

Why the interest in Matt Feiler, Nick Gates was easily the MVP of the offensive line, he improved as time went on and is going to be a very good center that we have on a cheap deal.

How is the biggest question not Right Tackle? Flemings is not the answer and Peart struggled some towards the end.

7 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

I agree Zeitler should not be a must move. We have to many questions at the other guard position. The coaching staff is clearly not happy with Hernedez giving the lack of playing time and Lemieux was horrible in pass protection. 

Why the interest in Matt Feiler, Nick Gates was easily the MVP of the offensive line, he improved as time went on and is going to be a very good center that we have on a cheap deal.

How is the biggest question not Right Tackle? Flemings is not the answer and Peart struggled some towards the end.

This doesn't officially kick off until the 8th so several weeks out.  But I plan to have the workbooks ready in the next few days.

Id say out first move should be deciding who we plan to trade/ release and what extensions make sense to free up as much cap as we can before heading into free agency.

Right tackle is definitely on the list.  Along with figuring out left guard.  

If the right player is available do you think Zietler could move to LG?

6 hours ago, ny92mike said:

This doesn't officially kick off until the 8th so several weeks out.  But I plan to have the workbooks ready in the next few days.

Id say out first move should be deciding who we plan to trade/ release and what extensions make sense to free up as much cap as we can before heading into free agency.

Right tackle is definitely on the list.  Along with figuring out left guard.  

If the right player is available do you think Zietler could move to LG?

I could be wrong but I see LG as a competition between Hernedez and Lemieux. What ever issues the coaching staff had with Hernedez he has all off season to work it out. He is still on his rookie deal so he is too cheap salary wise for us to get rid of him. Same thing with Lemieux, he has all of offseason to get strong and improve on his blocking technique and given the round he was selected in he should be even cheaper than Hernedez. So while there is a question as to who it will be,  I believe the LG situation will work itself out. 

If we can get a free agent player better than Zietler that will cost less sure go for it, I just don't think that is going to happen. Zeitler is showing some wear and tear but we should be able to get another decent season out of him. I am just thinking with questions at LG, and at RT, we might not want to make too many drastic changes by having a new Center and a new RG as well when Center and RG were not our issues.

I could be wrong but I see LG as a competition between Hernedez and Lemieux. What ever issues the coaching staff had with Hernedez he has all off season to work it out. He is still on his rookie deal so he is too cheap salary wise for us to get rid of him. Same thing with Lemieux, he has all of offseason to get strong and improve on his blocking technique and given the round he was selected in he should be even cheaper than Hernedez. So while there is a question as to who it will be,  I believe the LG situation will work itself out. 

Opinions are good....  I might in the minority on this but I was never a fan of Will Hernandez.  Personally I think he'd be better suited on the bench as a backup to Lemieux.  I do think he can improve next year but I have zero faith that we get anything more out of Will.  Amazing how Thomas's game improved after Will got benched, I'm sure there were other things that helped him too but Nate Solder really looked bad; like way worse than any of us could have imagined".

I'd love to trade him if we could do a player swap to get some depth at a different position but no you're right; because of his contract he's a cheap guard.  Thing is we can't go into this thinking either one of these guys can legit start, consider them backups and if one emerges starter quality during the offseason then we've got a solid offensive interior line with depth.

If we can get a free agent player better than Zietler that will cost less sure go for it, I just don't think that is going to happen. Zeitler is showing some wear and tear but we should be able to get another decent season out of him. I am just thinking with questions at LG, and at RT, we might not want to make too many drastic changes by having a new Center and a new RG as well when Center and RG were not our issues.

I'm not thinking we need to trade him, he's a decent guard, but I think we should look at our options as there are better in FA.  I do think right tackle is a need for us.  We've got some options.  

• Nate Solder is back and playing RT, cutting him we accumulate 10 million in dead money because of the last restructure.  It does save 6million.  So odds are this isn't the best option to keep him but wanna throw all them out there.
  • We draft high I'd say within the first three rounds one that we're starting whether he's ready or not and find a old cheap backup should it not work out.
  • We go out in this free agency and address the need with a proven talent.

I feel pretty good about this center, he's a star but he's decent, I think he can develop.  Perhaps find some depth in fa in the later rounds of bidding.

22 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

Feiler played RT for Pittsburgh until injuries to others forced him inside. He was a sneaky good player at RT but serviceable at LG in case we find a different starter at RT. 

Gates was decent enough this year, but upgrading him to Corey Linsley should be a no brained. Linsley is the best Pass Blocking C in the league and he is really good on run plays. 

RT is relatively thin in FA this year. Taylor Moton and Daryl Williams are the only elite players at the position. I would offer either player a decently sized contract. Germain Ifedi is another guy who can play RT and LG and played at league average level at LG this year. 

Also Engram is barely serviceable and I wouldn’t mind trading him and letting Kaden Smith take starter snaps and we get a bargain back up in FA or one in later rounds. The bo-legged stylings of Pitts were something I wasn’t even paying attention too until @ny92mikepointed it out. I just really don’t like Engram. So I’m sorry, but Imma keep pushing to jettison him first chance we get (unless it’s for pennies on the dollar). 

6 hours ago, YogiBiz said:

Feiler played RT for Pittsburgh until injuries to others forced him inside. He was a sneaky good player at RT but serviceable at LG in case we find a different starter at RT. 

Gates was decent enough this year, but upgrading him to Corey Linsley should be a no brained. Linsley is the best Pass Blocking C in the league and he is really good on run plays. 

RT is relatively thin in FA this year. Taylor Moton and Daryl Williams are the only elite players at the position. I would offer either player a decently sized contract. Germain Ifedi is another guy who can play RT and LG and played at league average level at LG this year. 

Also Engram is barely serviceable and I wouldn’t mind trading him and letting Kaden Smith take starter snaps and we get a bargain back up in FA or one in later rounds. The bo-legged stylings of Pitts were something I wasn’t even paying attention too until @ny92mikepointed it out. I just really don’t like Engram. So I’m sorry, but Imma keep pushing to jettison him first chance we get (unless it’s for pennies on the dollar). 

Corey Linsley will also be 30 when next season starts, I am just use to teams trying to get younger not older.

I have no problems letting Engram go for drafts picks, I have always believed Kaden Smith did well when Engram was injured two years ago.

A serviceable RT is fine, again we are rooting for Peart to be the RT we want to go with youth, we just need a backup plan in case he does not develop or need more time to develop.

22 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Anyone that wants to be part of this let me know and I'll get you links to the workbooks.

Nope. I trust your judgement. I'd implement you as official GM and kick Gettlemen to the curb if I could. Fix this team Mike!

Edited by Shockwave