49ers release Navorro Bowman

Dome

4 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

With Anzalone going down, Bowman would be a great mentor and quality stop gap.

Saints should definitely take a look.

Not the same player... No explosion and terrible vs the pass. Still a good run defender but Niners released him for a reason after not being able to trade him. He'll still be looking for a starting gig and not sure he'd have that here.

I loved the player before the injuries but now im ready to continue the youth movement and reframe from signing older veterans who dont have it anymore.

11 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I loved the player before the injuries but now im ready to continue the youth movement and reframe from signing older veterans who dont have it anymore.

I don’t know that a one year prove it deal really puts a halt to the youth movement. Bowman is still better than anyone we have at depth, including Robertson on rushing downs. IMO he improves the team.

I know he’s not the same player, but a bad Bowman is still better than anyone in that corps not named Klein or Anzalone.

If you’re still not sold, let’s get Bighill out there if we wanna go with the youth. He looked to be a similar player to Anzalone. Bighill is gonna make mistakes out there and it seemed like LBer is the only position Payton really holds people accountable for that, but they should work him into the lineup and see what he can do.

14 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

I don't want anyone the 49ers cut.  49ers last couple years are one of the worst teams I've ever seen in my life.  Both us and the Falcons rushed for like 260 yards against them.

And now it sounds like we tried to trade for him. Go figure.

30 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

And now it sounds like we tried to trade for him. Go figure.

Did not want to be here... Wants to be in Oakland, Lynch did him a solid by releasing him and shunning Saints deal for 7th rounder.

Mickey and Sean donlove their overpaid, washed up veterans dont they?

Rapoport tweeted out that Kikaha os a name to watch as the trade deadline nears.

Allen never liked him so cant say id be suprised if he is dealt. New Saints DL coach Nielson perfers bigger more physical ends anyway so i figured he could potentially be phased out.

Also could be a sign that Saints want Hendrickson to get morr snaps and get Muhammad on the active roster.

2 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Rapoport tweeted out that Kikaha os a name to watch as the trade deadline nears.

Allen never liked him so cant say id be suprised if he is dealt. New Saints DL coach Nielson perfers bigger more physical ends anyway so i figured he could potentially be phased out.

Also could be a sign that Saints want Hendrickson to get morr snaps and get Muhammad on the active roster.

Tbh as much as I dislike the front office, I don't mind letting Hendrickson and Muhammad get more snaps. Both have shown good things to me, and I think both can surprise.

Why the rush to let Kikaha go? He won’t get us much in a trade and he’s still cheap for 2 seasons.

Trade him at the deadline next year, run him hard while he’s healthy and in our uniform. Trade would make little sense unless theyre fielding big time offers, which they aren’t.

Archived