Raiders releasing OG Richie Incognito

Blackstar12

16 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Just cut Gabe Jackson as well, yes. Incognito missed almost all of last year and Denzelle Good played very well in his place, so I’d assume he’ll be signing a deal shortly.

Maybe I’m reading into Rapoport’s wording too much, but this Incognito release doesn’t seem like he’s definitely gone for good. “Looks forward to continuing his career there or elsewhere”. It’s not a big deal either way, but seems like at least one party thinks there’s a chance he’ll be back on different terms.

Each situation is different but the Bills restructured his deal and he signed it accepting it then randomly 3 weeks later he was upset he didnt get the love he felt from Buffalo because they want him to restructure his deal. Next thing you know it he is doing weird stuff on a building while retiring and I believe his dad then passed away and that crazy stuff came out, in which bills then released him. So he may want to continue the process of getting a new deal done or he may go off the rails, its a coin flip as we dont know how that guy can react after some time thinking about what just really happened.

8 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

What's that theme?

Year One appeared to be putting an emphasis on character players, and by that I don't mean "good guys," so much as Mayock's token "he's just a football player" types that he was constantly going on about when he was a studio analyst.  Then you go on to Year Two, where picks like Damon Arnette (whose maturity, work ethic, and so forth were questioned by established vets and retired-players-turned-analysts - at least one of them even to Arnette's face) that were tangentially opposite what the strat from the year before seemed to be.

It's naive to fault an FO for not hitting on every draft pick or even ever early draft pick... so long as there's a visible strategy that, if it starts to yield a "less-than" success rate  can be adjusted accordingly.

On 3/5/2021 at 3:58 PM, BayRaider said:

I said our only two OL worth keeping going into the off-season were Kolton Miller and Rodney Hudson, looks like the Raiders had a similar take. Richie (age), Brown (super lazy), and Gabe (overpaid, and never a good run blocker). I was hoping we'd keep Richie one more season, but might as well rebuild the line all at once.

But what we have to rebuild is the defense and it is paramount.  Can we rebuild both simultaneously?  Probably not.  Lower salary cap this year.