Raiders releasing OG Richie Incognito

Blackstar12

Just now, ET80 said:

Hmm, didn't they just cut a G? Guess a new one is on the menu come draft day...

Just cut Gabe Jackson as well, yes. Incognito missed almost all of last year and Denzelle Good played very well in his place, so I’d assume he’ll be signing a deal shortly.

Maybe I’m reading into Rapoport’s wording too much, but this Incognito release doesn’t seem like he’s definitely gone for good. “Looks forward to continuing his career there or elsewhere”. It’s not a big deal either way, but seems like at least one party thinks there’s a chance he’ll be back on different terms.

• Like 1

I said our only two OL worth keeping going into the off-season were Kolton Miller and Rodney Hudson, looks like the Raiders had a similar take. Richie (age), Brown (super lazy), and Gabe (overpaid, and never a good run blocker). I was hoping we'd keep Richie one more season, but might as well rebuild the line all at once.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

Hmm, didn't they just cut a G? Guess a new one is on the menu come draft day...

If this were a case of Gruden and Mayock embracing the temporary tank and recognizing that they aren't going to be able to put themselves in a position where they will actually compete for anything more than a maybe-playoff-berth and likely one-and-done against a clearly better team in the WC round, I wouldn't be against this approach.

But I've yet to see a cohesive draft strategy from this current Raiders front office and instead they appear to be just gearing up for more of the same from the past couple offseasons: Be heavy players in free agency as their "team building" strategy in an approach that literally comes off like they're going all-in to go 8-8, and we still haven't seen a cohesive or consistent draft strategy from them because the theme from Draft Year One was largely contradicted in Draft Year Two.

• Like 2