2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

20 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Even though the Nuggets lost, I was so unimpressed with the Wolves man. I didn't even notice Wiggins.....Towns was great, but they didn't get him involved. He was quiet for like three quarters. Wolves won the game on Butler and Crawford jumpers. Thibs gonna thibs. 

It's funny because the eye test tells you they aren't that good, but they are 19-13 which is pretty solid. That would put them close to being a 50 win team which is all you could have asked for at the beginning of the season. Wiggins at the moment isn't all that good. Maybe his game will translate more in the playoffs when you just need buckets, but Butler has been bailing this team out for the majority of the season. Towns hasn't progressed defensively, but he's still really good. Thibs continues to play everyone heavy minutes and they wear out in the 4th quarter. At one point they had the worst defense in the 4th, not sure if that is still the case. 

53 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Even though the Nuggets lost, I was so unimpressed with the Wolves man. I didn't even notice Wiggins.....Towns was great, but they didn't get him involved. He was quiet for like three quarters. Wolves won the game on Butler and Crawford jumpers. Thibs gonna thibs. 

lol stay hating on the wolves while your team is barely above .500

4 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

lol stay hating on the wolves while your team is barely above .500

Nah, not hating at all. Most of us on here are FAR bigger basketball fans over just being a fan of a team. The T-Wolves like I said record wise aren't that far off of what they should be, but eye test shows they are still underachieving. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nah, not hating at all. Most of us on here are FAR bigger basketball fans over just being a fan of a team. The T-Wolves like I said record wise aren't that far off of what they should be, but eye test shows they are still underachieving. 

Sure, defensively I will agree. We are top 5 in ORTG though. 

Also, what's with all the Wiggins slander again? He's in a shooting slump right now. Sure. But his defense is quite a bit better than it was last year. If his offense reverts back to the mean we're going to be in very good shape.

1 minute ago, Nzd07 said:

Also, what's with all the Wiggins slander again? He's in a shooting slump right now. Sure. But his defense is quite a bit better than it was last year. If his offense reverts back to the mean we're going to be in very good shape.

Sure, offensively you guys have been fine. But no way defensively that team should be bottom five. 

Wiggins slander? Saying he's not very good is slandering him? Defensively still not good, okay to below average rebounder, not a good passer and a decent scorer who can't shoot the three and is shooting under 43% overall. Do you want us to say he's having a good season and is a really good player? This isn't slander, it's just the truth. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Sure, offensively you guys have been fine. But no way defensively that team should be bottom five. 

Wiggins slander? Saying he's not very good is slandering him? Defensively still not good, okay to below average rebounder, not a good passer and a decent scorer who can't shoot the three and is shooting under 43% overall. Do you want us to say he's having a good season and is a really good player? This isn't slander, it's just the truth. 

Nope, quit putting words in my mouth please. As I said, he's in a shooting slump. He's a career 45% shooter. He's showing the first signs of progression since his rookie year, and people are still trashing him any time they get. Doesn't seem all that fair.

So, let's see. You guys think Wiggins isn't good. I've seen multiple people say Gibson is bad. Crawford sucks (he actually does lol,) Towns defense sucks, and Teague is meh. So how is this team exactly underachieving, then? Lol.

19 minutes ago, Nzd07 said:

Slander is spoken; you mean libel.

Wiggins is beyond just a shooting slump right now.  He's playing bad basketball.  He's not making up for his scoring struggles by elevating any other part of his game.

Just now, Nzd07 said:

Nope, quit putting words in my mouth please. As I said, he's in a shooting slump. He's a career 45% shooter. He's showing the first signs of progression since his rookie year, and people are still trashing him any time they get. Doesn't seem all that fair.

So, let's see. You guys think Wiggins isn't good. I've seen multiple people say Gibson is bad. Crawford sucks (he actually does lol,) Towns defense sucks, and Teague is meh. So how is this team exactly underachieving, then? Lol.

What do you mean it doesn't seem all that fair? Again, tell me one thing I said about him that wasn't true?

This team record wise isn't underachieving. Towns should not be this bad defensively. With Thibs/Gibson/Butler, this should not be a bottom five defensive team. 

Stop getting sensitive, this is all true RIGHT NOW. Could it change? Sure, but stop making it look like people have something against the T-Wolves. I'm the biggest Butler fan on this site, I want them to do good. 

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Slander is spoken; you mean libel.

Wiggins is beyond just a shooting slump right now.  He's playing bad basketball.  He's not making up for his scoring struggles by elevating any other part of his game.

His defense, as I mentioned earlier. It's not good, it's not even average, but it isn't worst in the NBA anymore.

Archived