2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

I'm gonna go full homer here for a sec but if the Pels fix their defense and stay consistent on that end then they're a top 6-8 team in the NBA. Move the ball well, shoot the 3 really well, elite offense, we're just 23rd in defense after top 10 last year. If they can return to that form then this team is in that tier right below the Cavs and Rockets of the world (Warriors in tier of their own). I'm also impressed with Gentry, his offense is finally in full form here and his rotations ain't been bad at all. 

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You guys executed well in OT, but Butler was too much. Not a bad performance, came back from 19 right? 

We are having a super hard time closing games and issue that hasn’t been addressed since last season. I’m glad we put up a fight and looked like we could have had it.

Just now, iLikeDefense said:

We are having a super hard time closing games and issue that hasn’t been addressed since last season. I’m glad we put up a fight and looked like we could have had it.

You guys don't have a go to guy from the perimeter. That's pretty the game. This is why the T-Wolves are so much better than last season. Unlike in the years past where they would lose close games, they have a bonafide closer in Butler that has won them about 6 or 7 games on his own. 

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You guys don't have a go to guy from the perimeter. That's pretty the game. This is why the T-Wolves are so much better than last season. Unlike in the years past where they would lose close games, they have a bonafide closer in Butler that has won them about 6 or 7 games on his own. 

I know man, we are hoping Murray will be that guy which he could be but right now he’s just not ready yet. Not sure how the Nuggets will find that guy.

What happened tonight in the T-Wolves game was different from anything I've ever seen in previous years. Having a guy like Butler who's a 20+ PPG who can ball handle and can shoot from anywhere on the floor is huge. We haven't had that before. Butler took over that game. He gives me hope that we can get a 4 seed (maybe even higher) this year, and win a playoff series. I am worried about Teague's injury but if he is seriously hurt I think Tyus will step in and contribute positively, he is a good player. Good game to the Nuggets, we can't blow leads like that, but glad we pulled it out. 

Right now, sitting 4th, I'm feeling good. The Thunder scare me coming up behind us, but I think we are as good as them. I even think we could make a run at the Spurs. 

Archived