2017-2018 NBA GDT: Off the court discussions

11sanchez11

NBA Champions  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who's The Favorite to Win it All This Year?

• Warriors
    • Cavaliers
    • Someone Else, Somehow?

2 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

None of us besides Rockets/Pelicans fans do. It was minimal contact, at best, and Harden is the one who initiated it. He completely altered his shot to get contact, thats not a foul.

I did not see the shot, nor the call. but initiating contact to get a call has happened a millions times before. Not sure what the uproar is about.

1 hour ago, Gmen4ev said:

then don't slap hardens arm tbh

He didn't slap Harden's arm. He had his hand there the whole time. Harden jumped into his hand, and he couldn't pull it back in time to avoid contact. Watch the video. He pulls his hand back as soon as he realizes Harden is trying to jump into him.

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

that doesn't matter. But anybody that has every played knows the foul that affects you from scoring the most is if someone hits your arm while you are shooting.

So if you were playing 5 on 5 in Hardan's position, you'd call that foul? Anybody that has ever played knows that there's plenty of contact in basketball that you play through, especially when it's minimal.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He didn't slap Harden's arm. He had his hand there the whole time. Harden jumped into his hand, and he couldn't pull it back in time to avoid contact. Watch the video. He pulls his hand back as soon as he realizes Harden is trying to jump into him.

He hit Hardens arm, not sure what the complaint is about. Sure it was a very light hit. Sure it likely didn't mess up Hardens shot at all. But he hit his arm.

Just now, Gmen4ev said:

He hit Hardens arm, not sure what the complaint is about. Sure it was a very light hit. Sure it likely didn't mess up Hardens shot at all. But he hit his arm.

You're only making my argument for me why it shouldn't be a foul. They don't call holding every time a NFL OL grabs a NFL DL. They don't call a foul for every light bit of contact made in the NBA. It was a bad call. The refs should have let it go considering the situation. The shot clock was about to expire, Harden was trapped in the corner, and Harden clearly tried to get a bailout foul. You don't hand him one when there's minimal contact.

Just now, jrry32 said:

You're only making my argument for me why it shouldn't be a foul. They don't call holding every time a NFL OL grabs a NFL DL. They don't call a foul for every light bit of contact made in the NBA. It was a bad call. The refs should have let it go considering the situation. The shot clock was about to expire, Harden was trapped in the corner, and Harden clearly tried to get a bailout foul. You don't hand him one when there's minimal contact.

You're right, they don't call a foul on legitimately every foul. Because Manfred would complain about the pace of play. But not calling a foul on a blatant foul doesn't mean a foul wasn't committed.

It was the correct call. Plain and simple. Jrue fouled him, and regardless of the severity of contact there was still indeed contact.

I couldn't care about either of the Rockets or Pels, if FVV had been in Jrue's position I would be saying the same thing. If you know Harden is trapped, and his best course of action is to try and get a bailout foul. Don't give him the means to get that bailout foul.

Archived