Cooley Film Breakdown vs. 49ers

turtle28

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

They're dumb if they don't pay Brown. Just draft another ILB who can cover TEs. Let Brown roam and destroy people. 

He should be a two down LB. I agree they should draft an ILB in the draft, hopefully in round 1 or 2 and that guy starts next to Brown and can play 3 downs. Someone like Malik Jefferson.

7 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm cool with this. And in the meantime, coach him up on coverage!

He's not going to get better in coverage. It's a mental issue, it's been a problem since he was drafted 6 years ago. They should blitz him on 3rd & long, we can bring 5 man pressures with him and that way he can have an impact there. His rookie year he had 5.5 sacks as an ILB, 4 sacks in his 2nd year and 4 sacks lady year. Need to blitz him.

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Like Su'a Cravens?

We might have that guy on the roster already in JHC. If we draft an ILB in round 1 or 2, I want it to be a 3 down player, not a dime ILB. 

Good article on Georgia  ILB Roquan Smith, he's 6'1, 225. Sounds like he's similar to Ryan Shazier coming out.

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/10/12/roquan-smith-georgia-bulldogs-2018-nfl-draft/

14 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That’s true, but the scouts should have done a better job.

Can't blame the scouts for that. That's like saying the scouts on the 49ers who scouted Chris Borland were gonna know he was gonna retire year 2. You have no idea what goes through these guys heads.

17 minutes ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

He did?  you mean he drafted Cousins, Trent, Moses, Thompson, Kerrigan, etc?  Ok 

Well those were Mike Shanahan, the other guy Turtle loves to hate on.  But its pretty silly he's taking shots at the pick of Su'a Cravens when he loved the pick when it was made and then after.  He just takes any chance he can to make an underhanded comment insulting Scott McCloughan.  

15 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

I agree with Cooley but Davis should get a C . JORDAN REED is having the worst year I've ever seen him have ... I hope he isn't declining .

I think his injuries are bothering him more than he lets on. This week he said he’s close to being 90%.

They really need to never have him block, it’s useless to even have him ask. 

5 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Well those were Mike Shanahan, the other guy Turtle loves to hate on.  But its pretty silly he's taking shots at the pick of Su'a Cravens when he loved the pick when it was made and then after.  He just takes any chance he can to make an underhanded comment insulting Scott McCloughan.  

I loved Cravens as a football player, but I wasn’t tasked with learning about him off the field as a person and learning about why he almost quit football in college.

I liked Shanahan’s selection on offense except drafting Leriebus, I hated almost all of his defensive draft picks except for Kerrigan, Philip Thomas and Bacarri Rambo. I like the selection of Jarvis Jenkins, but thought he was taken a round too soon. Obviously, I was wrong about the safeties. I thought they were going to work out, but they didn’t.

You do realize that if Cravens isn’t brought up neither is the man who drafted him.

Archived