Addressing Personal Weaknesses

TLO

On 5/20/2021 at 2:10 PM, MOSteelers56 said:

Something that has helped me in my personal growth is looking at life in a dialectic way. Everything is in constant motion and being acted upon by forces. When things are acted upon by forces they create a new thing, which is also always changing. 

Thats a Taoist statement right there, The ebb and flow to life.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2021 at 11:45 AM, mattyice0401 said:

Thats a Taoist statement right there, The ebb and flow to life.

Taoism is something I've been pretty interested in learning more about. I keep hearing about it and it seems right up my alley. I'm not sure I'll ever be a Taoist, but I think learning from as many influences is important. 

On 5/15/2021 at 10:34 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My biggest weakness is that I’m a perfectionist.

10/10 job interview answer, along with other classics such as "I just don't have an off switch" or "I have a hard time delegating tasks to others". "I focus too much on the details", "I have a hard time saying no", and "I grow impatient when things are coming up on a deadline" are also good ones.

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Taoism is something I've been pretty interested in learning more about. I keep hearing about it and it seems right up my alley. I'm not sure I'll ever be a Taoist, but I think learning from as many influences is important. 

I’ve read a few books on it and have a morning meditation book on Taoism that I read. No one really understands Tao I’ve heard it takes people 40+ years of studying it to understand it but I love it. 

The Tao of peace was a great read and would highly recommend it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

I’ve read a few books on it and have a morning meditation book on Taoism that I read. No one really understands Tao I’ve heard it takes people 40+ years of studying it to understand it but I love it. 

The Tao of peace was a great read and would highly recommend it. 

That sounds awesome. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm just interested in learning and growing from as wide a range of ideas as I can. I'm not really trying to be a Tao master. Buddhism and Hinduism are both very interesting to study too. The idea that life is just the splash of a water droplet in an ocean is mind blowing.