We're waiting on AB - his asking price is too high

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, Caaddy24 said:

I'll welcome him back, but I'll also be shocked if he can go the rest of 2021 without an off field incident. He'd probably be getting one year deals even in a non pandemic year. 

I don't know about him getting in trouble for something new. But he's likely gonna miss a lotta games for his most recent troubles.

And I'd imagine every contract he ever receives again will have language to protect the team.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I don't know about him getting in trouble for something new. But he's likely gonna miss a lotta games for his most recent troubles.

And I'd imagine every contract he ever receives again will have language to protect the team.

No doubt and that's probably the hang up in him resigning. I'm sure he's looking for a gauranteed 1 year deal, but Bucs probably putting voidable language in his deal pending the outcome of his civil case this winter...

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the Buccaneers and free agent WR Antonio Brown are "not close right now" in terms of compensation.

Tampa Bay reportedly offered a similar amount ($2 million) to what Brown made with the team last year but the 32-year-old is holding out for something closer to market value. For reference, DeSean Jackson netted a one-year deal worth $4.5 million from the Rams while T.Y. Hilton returned to the Colts for $8 million.

As I previously said, I think teams (including us) are afraid of giving him more guaranteed money due to his pending civil case that is expected to conclude in the middle of the season. 

7 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the Buccaneers and free agent WR Antonio Brown are "not close right now" in terms of compensation.

Tampa Bay reportedly offered a similar amount ($2 million) to what Brown made with the team last year but the 32-year-old is holding out for something closer to market value. For reference, DeSean Jackson netted a one-year deal worth $4.5 million from the Rams while T.Y. Hilton returned to the Colts for $8 million.

As I previously said, I think teams (including us) are afraid of giving him more guaranteed money due to his pending civil case that is expected to conclude in the middle of the season. 

I think it is 50/50 whether he returns, and I m fine with those odds.  If AB moves  on, no ill will towards him and the team had a number in mind- no problem with that either

'The Boston Herald reports it's "doubtful" Julian Edelman (knee) will be able to play all 16 games in 2021. The report is via a "source familiar with Edelman’s situation." Per the source, "while surgery can provide temporary relief, nothing can solve the underlying problem." Edelman was limited to six games last season, undergoing surgery in October. The Pats aggressively addressed receiver in free agency and could do so again in the draft. Headed into his age-35 campaign with a lengthy injury history even before the knee ailment that has hounded him the past two years, Edelman seems to have reached "any contribution will be a bonus" territory. The Patriots need to decide if that is worth Edelman's $2.8 million base salary.' 

I wonder if he ends up being cut by the Pats if we take a flier (assuming we can't get a deal done with AB). it would be a vet minimum deal and we would know going in that he is limited/would be on a snap count, but being a Brady favorite and would still allow the likes Miller and TJ to see increased responsibility this year.

6 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

'The Boston Herald reports it's "doubtful" Julian Edelman (knee) will be able to play all 16 games in 2021. The report is via a "source familiar with Edelman’s situation." Per the source, "while surgery can provide temporary relief, nothing can solve the underlying problem." Edelman was limited to six games last season, undergoing surgery in October. The Pats aggressively addressed receiver in free agency and could do so again in the draft. Headed into his age-35 campaign with a lengthy injury history even before the knee ailment that has hounded him the past two years, Edelman seems to have reached "any contribution will be a bonus" territory. The Patriots need to decide if that is worth Edelman's $2.8 million base salary.' 

I wonder if he ends up being cut by the Pats if we take a flier (assuming we can't get a deal done with AB). it would be a vet minimum deal and we would know going in that he is limited/would be on a snap count, but being a Brady favorite and would still allow the likes Miller and TJ to see increased responsibility this year.

For vet minimum, you could have Brown and Edelman. But Edelman is toast IMO, he would have a similar impact as McCoy this year