Staying or Going - The 2018 Early Entry or Not Thread

CalhounLambeau

7 hours ago, PAW said:

Did you not watch the game?  Alabama's offense was awful.  They won because Clemson's offense was even more pathetic.  Alabama had 261 total yards (only 3.4 YPC on 42 carries).  They had 3 scoring drives, and both TDs were set up by great field position (both drives started on the plus side of the 50-27 and 46 yard drives) due to Kelly Bryant.  Not much they could have done, outside of scoring themselves. 

I'm sorry, where was the domination from the defensive line? Did I miss something? they gave up 142 yards on the ground, and most of all, I saw on many occasions where all 4 were single blocked and Hurts had way more time than he needed, the problem is, they moved the ball when they NEEDED to which is the whole point and got the job done. All I hear are excuses,  not much they could have done? How about not get punked on a 4th and 1, how about dominate Bama's offensive line and hold them to field goals instead of TDs, get pressure in key situations, there are plenty of things they could have done, heck Bama's DT was the most impressive player and had the biggest impact on the game, he did everything he could to put them in position to win the game, he intercepted a pass, caught a TD and was tough as hell against the run against the run, that was Domination. Thanks for the call.....

2 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

That Wilkins/Lawrence combo at DT is the best tandem I can think of, maybe 3rd best at worst. And the DE's are topshelf.

There were so many other great DT combos, please give consideration to the other great combinations who's played before them, thanks.

13 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

It was my original post. 

And they gave up only 3.4 YPC vs NFL level Olineman and RB's.

But you continue to look past the fact that they did not once get a stop in clutch situations, and stopped them from scoring TDs when they could have held them to FGs. And the problem is, they got dominated by those NFL Level Olinemen

12 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

But you continue to look past the fact that they did not once get a stop in clutch situations, and stopped them from scoring TDs when they could have held them to FGs. And the problem is, they got dominated by those NFL Level Olinemen

Dominated by Bama's OL? Bama only put up 261 yards of total offense.

Should Bama have scored no touchdowns on offense during the game, or just one maybe? That sounds unreasonable. Bama has NFL talent. They're going to get their's.

Both TD's came on a short field (46 and 27-yd drives)

Agree to disagree

18 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

Dominated by Bama's OL? Bama only put up 261 yards of total offense.

Should Bama have scored no touchdowns on offense during the game, or just one maybe? That sounds unreasonable. Bama has NFL talent. They're going to get their's.

Both TD's came on a short field (46 and 27-yd drives)

Agree to disagree

You are making an argument using a box score bro, no. I watch the trenches and how they move. Both TDs could have been held to 3 and outs and field goals. There isn't much of an argument here bro, sorry. They didn't get the job done....

9 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Christian Wilkins and Clelin Ferrell will be top 10 picks maybe even top 5 next year barring injuries and Clemson may be early favorites at National Champions next year. I get them all staying 

Christian Wilkins I was hoping to get in Buffalo 

Wilkins is going nowhere near the top ten. He's probably a mid rounder. People got up in arms after he had a Da'Ron Payne kinda "big DL making plays on offense" playoff last year, but the tape has never been that impressive. Look at him against Auburn this year. Gets blow off the ball, doesn't have great strength/anchor ability, but he isn't an explosive athlete who can shoot gaps and win with athletic ability. No real bend, doesn't convert speed to power and is probably best suited as five tech at the next level. 

Dexter Lawrence and Ferrell are first rounders. 

Archived