Staying or Going - The 2018 Early Entry or Not Thread

CalhounLambeau

So Jerome Baker declared, huh? I think he's a 1st rounder. He's going to time extremely well in all aspects and his tape is solid against the run, excellent against the pass. For those of you who like Roquan Smith, you'll love Jerome Baker. Smith is a more sure-fire tackler and has better pacing and discipline, but Jerome Baker is a little faster, a little better at shedding blocks, and based on my eye test, has more length to play against TE's and bigger slot WR's. Baker has more of an ILB mentality, but both should be played at WLB in the NFL.

I think Roquan gets taken in the middle of the 1st and Baker gets taken in the early-mid 20's. Those are 2 of the best cover LB's you'll ever find in the draft.

Harrison, Fitzpatrick, Payne, Scarborough, and Ridley are all in from Alabama. Surprised that Scarborough declared, but my guess is that he would be behind the two Harris backs. The rest of them I think we all expected.

Just now, CalhounLambeau said:

Scarbrough has had 4-5 major lower-body injuries and he turns 24 this year. Not surprising at all. 

Born at the tail end of '96 . . . sheesh. I feel old. Didn't realize about the injuries. Thanks for the update.

3 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

He was born in 1994. Not 1996. Wikipedia is wrong. 

I know you do your homework, so I'll defer to you on that one. How'd you track that down? Two years is a pretty big discrepancy. 

Just now, reamer said:

I know you do your homework, so I'll defer to you on that one. How'd you track that down? Two years is a pretty big discrepancy. 

Instagram family birthday photos that confirmed how old he was. 

Wikipedia has been wrong about a few 2018 prospect DOB's. McGlinchey too. 

Archived