Staying or Going - The 2018 Early Entry or Not Thread

CalhounLambeau

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

I'd take it I LOVE WILKINS

Most underrated player in the draft

we're pretty loaded at DT honestly, but if we took one Wilkins would be my pick 

So explosive, great with his hands, and fantastic motor when rushing the QB 

Eh....Id rather let the guys we have play another year and show their potential which is high IMO. I like Wilkins, but I like Ed Oliver a lot more.

6 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

Wilkins, Bryant, and Ferrell are all returning. Them + Lawrence has to be considered maybe the best college DL of all time.

Those Clemson kids are making a bad decision. I hope they didn't let Dabo talk them into returning. If they did, he did them a huge disservice.

6 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Wilkins returning is bizarre. He’s already graduated and I’d be surprised if his draft stock gets higher than it is in a quiet interior class. All he’s doing is exposing himself to injury.

He's clearly enjoying college and wants to go out with his friends. Good for him.

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Those Clemson kids are making a bad decision. I hope they didn't let Dabo talk them into returning. If they did, he did them a huge disservice.

Dabo pushes kids to leave if they're first rounders. The reason they came back is the NFL gave no Clemson player a first round grade. I think that surprised them and put some doubt in their mind. They're also extremely close (them being the 3 that returned + Lawrence) and want to come out together. I think Ferrell and Wilkins made bad decisions because they both would've ended up going first round regardless of the grade received. Bryant I'm not as high on. 

Wilkins is a really rare person and has different values in life than most. Money is not a big concern and he is going to be incredibly successful outside of football. I would've strongly advised both to go if they were my kid. 

Its crazy to me that they returned and two guys that might not make a team (McCloud + Smith) left. 

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Those Clemson kids are making a bad decision.

Enough already. The Clemson group is extremely close, they wanted to go out together and that was all rumored well before they talked to the coaches. They did what they wanted. Plenty of other Clemson players without 1st round grades declared early this year and in years past. The coach gets these players in the first place for a reason.

58 minutes ago, CalhounLambeau said:

Enough already. The Clemson group is extremely close, they wanted to go out together and that was all rumored well before they talked to the coaches. They did what they wanted. Plenty of other Clemson players without 1st round grades declared early this year and in years past. The coach gets these players in the first place for a reason.

It only takes one achilles/knee/hamstring injury for their decision to be the wrong one. If you think their coach talking to them in the last week before they made the decision to stay or go, had zero impact on their decision then that's naive. If Dabo recruited better and had talented lineman ready to play and compete for a Natty he would have advised these dudes to leave especially if they all got top 50 grades by the committee. 

9 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

It only takes one achilles/knee/hamstring injury for their decision to be the wrong one. If you think their coach talking to them in the last week before they made the decision to stay or go, had zero impact on their decision then that's naive. If Dabo recruited better and had talented lineman ready to play and compete for a Natty he would have advised these dudes to leave especially if they all got top 50 grades by the committee. 

This is you assuming, right?

23 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

It only takes one achilles/knee/hamstring injury for their decision to be the wrong one.

They love college. They love their friends. They love the experience. They're taking the risk and will all be millionaires regardless. Who cares. They have a different set of values. Why is this so hard for people to accept and understand? Some people make decisions that go against their financial interest because they want to be happy and don't fear they will have financial issues. I left a higher paying job last year because I hated it and went back to my old job so I could be happy again. Did I make a wrong decision? There is nothing wrong with that. You don't know anything about these players and who are you to judge what's a right and wrong decision?

1 hour ago, CalhounLambeau said:

They love college. They love their friends. They love the experience. They're taking the risk and will all be millionaires regardless. Who cares. They have a different set of values. Why is this so hard for people to accept and understand? Some people make decisions that go against their financial interest because they want to be happy and don't fear they will have financial issues. I left a higher paying job last year because I hated it and went back to my old job so I could be happy again. Did I make a wrong decision? There is nothing wrong with that. You don't know anything about these players and who are you to judge what's a right and wrong decision?

They are playing football so they can get paid millions of dollars. 

Archived