Staying or Going - The 2018 Early Entry or Not Thread

CalhounLambeau

On 1/4/2018 at 9:39 AM, fin156 said:

Not sure if this has been said or not...however, is it me or are there kids declaring with most likely a  grade worse than 4th round declaring early?  I recognized that there were a few last year but I feel like this year has seen a legitimate surge of this trend.  I don't get it but then again, I'm not looking at the potential of an NFL paycheck either. 

I wonder how much the whole concussion and injury risk has to do with it.  Seeing players like Jaylon Smith (the obvious example) have millions of dollars take from them in an instant probably resonate with these kids that even have the slightest dreams of making it to the league.  I don't know, maybe it's just me but it feels like a transition into a new era of the draft.

Unless you're a first or 2nd rounder I would think you would want to be the best player possible (not draft position) before you go to the NFL because once you get there you have 2 or 3 years to prove yourself as useful 

16 hours ago, Groink said:

Auden Tate is in.  Nice.

He might be my top big guy. Love his ability to position his body during routes so that he has the advantage on the jump ball. Could be dominating as a red zone threat. Think he's more athletic than he's credited.

Archived