Staying or Going - The 2018 Early Entry or Not Thread

CalhounLambeau

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah if we don’t take him I may become a fan of one of the many teams that took the qb I thought the Browns should have. 

Although it’s not as easy as you think as I really like Rosen also. I just think Darnold will be the best eventually out if this class. 

The whole Rosen comments probably puts a damper on that.  To me, Rosen is angling to get to the Giants.

Darnold is the better fit for the Browns solely based on the fact he is up for playing in Cleveland, unlike Rosen. They're both fantastic prospects in their own right though.

I'm all for a bit of misdirection if it results in the Giants feeling like they need to switch picks with us to get Rosen.

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The whole Rosen comments probably puts a damper on that.  To me, Rosen is angling to get to the Giants.

I’m still not convinced he was saying he didn’t want to go to the Browns. I don’t tend to believe things until I see concrete proof. If he was talking about the Browns Darnold declaring would lesson the blow. He can go pound dawg treats!

1 hour ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Darnold is the better fit for the Browns solely based on the fact he is up for playing in Cleveland, unlike Rosen. They're both fantastic prospects in their own right though.

I'm all for a bit of misdirection if it results in the Giants feeling like they need to switch picks with us to get Rosen.

Why not just draft Rosen and make the Giants trade for him. If they don't bite we still get Rosen and get to make his life miserable 

muahahahahana

2 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Why not just draft Rosen and make the Giants trade for him. If they don't bite we still get Rosen and get to make his life miserable 

muahahahahana

At this point, you'd have to assume that the Giants would be perfectly content taking Sam Darnold if the Browns opted for Josh Rosen.  Whichever QB the Browns don't take, I'd anticipate them taking them.  There just isn't any motivation for the Giants to make a move unless they feel one is a franchise QB, and the other is a bust.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

At this point, you'd have to assume that the Giants would be perfectly content taking Sam Darnold if the Browns opted for Josh Rosen.  Whichever QB the Browns don't take, I'd anticipate them taking them.  There just isn't any motivation for the Giants to make a move unless they feel one is a franchise QB, and the other is a bust.

I have no reason to assume that.

Not sure if this has been said or not...however, is it me or are there kids declaring with most likely a  grade worse than 4th round declaring early?  I recognized that there were a few last year but I feel like this year has seen a legitimate surge of this trend.  I don't get it but then again, I'm not looking at the potential of an NFL paycheck either. 

I wonder how much the whole concussion and injury risk has to do with it.  Seeing players like Jaylon Smith (the obvious example) have millions of dollars take from them in an instant probably resonate with these kids that even have the slightest dreams of making it to the league.  I don't know, maybe it's just me but it feels like a transition into a new era of the draft.

Archived