Redskins are interested in Duron Carter as a CB

turtle28

9 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Ok cool. Thanks for giving me three guys who are shorter than Carter to prove your point. What point that was? I don't know. 

You know who else is 6'3? Stanley Jean Baptiste

You know who else is 6'3? Keith McGill 

You know who else is 6'3? Tony Goodwin

You know who else is 6'3? Jeremy Clark

You know who else is 6'3? Ahkello Witherspoon

You know who else is 6'3? Tony Lippett

Those are just current tall guys who suck at the position, I'm sure if I actually put a minute into it I could dig up a ton of terrible 6'3 or taller CB's. 

Again, not sure what we're arguing about over. If you guys think a 6'5 CB has a shot, then we'll agree to disagree.

Just because they haven’t worked out doesn’t mean that Duron Carter isn’t the next Browner. Quit being ridiculous. There’s no harm in trying a guy out at a position. Low risk high reward.

You’re one being crazy. You’re making an argument when no one is trying to claim that Carter is even going to work out. All Redskins fans are saying is that it’s worth a shot.

As for your list:

• Clark, Witherspoon and Lippett are all young corners. Claiming they suck when they’re all 25 or younger is a baseless claim.

• McGill is playing safety now.

35 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Just because they haven’t worked out doesn’t mean that Duron Carter isn’t the next Browner. Quit being ridiculous. There’s no harm in trying a guy out at a position. Low risk high reward.

You’re one being crazy. You’re making an argument when no one is trying to claim that Carter is even going to work out. All Redskins fans are saying is that it’s worth a shot.

As for your list:

• Clark, Witherspoon and Lippett are all young corners. Claiming they suck when they’re all 25 or younger is a baseless claim.

McGill is playing safety now.

Because he sucked at corner.

My original question was how many 6'5 corners do you see out there? The answer is none. "But so and so is close enough!" No, he's not. Browner was also one of the most heavily penalized CB's in the league while he played because he had to get physical and grabby to stay with guys. 

I never said outright he was gonna suck, I was just saying you don't see people his size and you guys start throwing Richard Sherman out there.

Sensitive group over here eh?

29 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Because he sucked at corner.

My original question was how many 6'5 corners do you see out there? The answer is none. "But so and so is close enough!" No, he's not. Browner was also one of the most heavily penalized CB's in the league while he played because he had to get physical and grabby to stay with guys. 

I never said outright he was gonna suck, I was just saying you don't see people his size and you guys start throwing Richard Sherman out there.

Sensitive group over here eh?

Not sensitive, I just think you’re being rediculous creating an unnecessary argument. 

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

Brandon Browner was PART OF the best secondary in football. Its no wonder he sucked when he jumped ship for more money.  

There, fixed it for you! Didn't know he played for the 2017 Redskins when our corners are 100%... :DB|

19 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

How bout we bring him in as a wideout and give him reps and see if he can overtake Pryor spot .

any one else agree ?

Pryor is leading the team in receiving yards and 2nd in receptions only after Crowder. He and Kirk haven’t found their connection yet and he’s dropped a few passes but he didn’t drop any vs San Fran.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Pryor is leading the team in receiving yards

With a whopping 209 yards. Killin it.

In all seriousness it seems like these guys coming in on 1 year prove it deals (Jeffery for us, Pryor for you) are going to end up hurting their value more than helping it.

17 minutes ago, Jlash said:

With a whopping 209 yards. Killin it.

In all seriousness it seems like these guys coming in on 1 year prove it deals (Jeffery for us, Pryor for you) are going to end up hurting their value more than helping it.

I kind of figured that's what was going to happen to them both but it is what it is. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

I kind of figured that's what was going to happen to them both but it is what it is. 

The other way around, giving out multi year deals to guys you're unsure have hurt teams too. The Browns decided for some reason Kenny Britt was a better investment long term than Pryor and he's horrific, I doubt he's a Brown next summer. Wasted money.

Just now, Jlash said:

The other way around, giving out multi year deals to guys you're unsure have hurt teams too. The Browns decided for some reason Kenny Britt was a better investment long term than Pryor and he's horrific, I doubt he's a Brown next summer. Wasted money.

I never understood that deal for them? Britt hasn't exactly had the most sparkling reputation and he's struggled with consistency a lot during his career. Sometimes it seems like the Browns try to fail. 

Archived