Final Mock 2021

Madmike90

48 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Who ever says "Dalton line" man? 😂

Again some of you guys are acting like this guy is terrible...you don't start in the NFL for as long as he did if you are useless...far to easy to be found out...again he is by a long distance the best QB we have had on this roster since Cutler and is arguably better.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/06/nfl-andy-dalton-line-average-nfl-players

https://www.essentiallysports.com/nfl-news-how-do-the-nfl-quarterbacks-stack-up-on-the-dalton-scale/

https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-index-awards-0ap3000000445375

50 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Who ever says "Dalton line" man? 😂

Again some of you guys are acting like this guy is terrible...you don't start in the NFL for as long as he did if you are useless...far to easy to be found out...again he is by a long distance the best QB we have had on this roster since Cutler and is arguably better.

He is used as the definition of mediocrity in the NFL.

I do not think he is terrible. I do not think he is good enough to move the needle for the Bears. They need better than the 21st best starter in the NFL, and the only way for them to do that is in the draft.

3 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Because your revenue is down due to COVID and you don’t want to spend any more money on a new front office and coaching staff?

I don't think money is an issue with this franchise. IMO this is one of the biggest misconceptions I still see some ppl make about Bears ownership. They are not cheap.  They have enough money to make the moves required regardless of a down season in revenue due to the pandemic.  This seems like more of an emotional attachment rather than one due to dollars invested/owing

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

It's just such a pointless cliche...much like the scouting report that questioned why no red headed QB had ever been a success before hahaha

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

It's just such a pointless cliche...much like the scouting report that questioned why no red headed QB had ever been a success before hahaha

He is a mediocre QB. Who also happens to be on the down side of his career. He isn’t terrible, but at his peak  you weren’t winning anything with him 

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He is a mediocre QB. Who also happens to be on the down side of his career. He isn’t terrible, but at his peak  you weren’t winning anything with him 

At his best he was better than average that is undeniable...right now he is a solid option if you put talent around him and ask him to play within the scheme...he is still way better than what we have had.

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

At his best he was better than average that is undeniable...right now he is a solid option if you put talent around him and ask him to play within the scheme...he is still way better than what we have had.

I've used the Dalton line reference and think it is relevant, but that line is well above the Bears' production level throughout its history.