Falcons draft Kyle Pitts

scar988

love the pick. some of said hes the best player in the draft, which includes a guy qhos been the presumptive #1 since his freshman year. I think (or hope) this means we keep Julio. No QB means we're making a run at contending and trading Julio significantly downgrades those chances.

• Like 1

Love it. Board is looking real nice for 35 too.

S - Moehrig might be BPA. I also love Holland (but I'm bias). Grant is nice too but probably a reach at 35. 

DT - Baramore - like him a lot but may not be the best scheme fit.

EDGE - Ojulari - I don't know a lot about him tbh.

CB - Samuel Jr. or Campbell.

RB - Williams. Might be better to wait until rounds 3-4 to take a RB, but love Williams.

Then there's all the lineman. Good value there. Depends on who can slide inside there. Can't go wrong once again.

Edited by swoosh

Was and still am disgusted to see Lance go one pick a head of us. Think he was the guy we wanted. 

Pitts is a monster prospect but really dislike the direction this team is headed in. Feel like we're trying to fix a decaying Ferrari with engine and break issues on a $35 000 budget. Now we just spent a portion of it to upgrade an already really good exhaust. 

Agree with @GSUeagles14. Drafting Pitts means you're going all in to win with Matt. Trading Julio makes us much worse. Need to go all in with this offensive core now. 

Some solid prospects guys left, really need to address the pass rush so I'm hoping for Ojulari. 

Edited by JJ6

Best case scenario: Trade back with a, hopefully pretty bad team, for a QB for a haul including pick(s) next year. Pundits have been claiming this has been a hard year to evaluate because of outside circumstances. If you feel that way then future picks are more valuable then normally. Those picks could have been used to bolster a roster for when we do want to replace Ryan.

Good scenario: Pick Sewell. The value of a good Oline is just better then that of a TE. We've done this before in a way with Julio and Ridley, both worked out but having a player of similar skill in the trenches would have been great.

Acceptable scenario: Pick Pitts. HoF ceiling. Kind of reminds me of the Julio Jones pick. Can't hate it but I'm not as exciting as when we picked Beasley simply because of positional value. At least it should be fun to see us score 40 points a game. And with the right offense it should translate in wins since the other team has to play more aggressive to keep up.

Bad scenario: Picking Fields/Jones. I'm glad we didn't go that route.

So I'm not mega thrilled but I'm not mad about it either.