NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

38 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That's an awfully quick hook.  I agree, who's going to want that job when you're going to be that impatient.  I can't think anyone who would be on the top of the chart as far as candidates would want that job knowing that they have little wiggle room.  

I will say, Stefanski was one of the hot candidates in 2020 and he went to Cleveland where Haslem had shown to just as impatient, if not more. So, maybe getting one of only thirty two jobs is enough of a pull. 

But, if Tepper keeps Scott Fitterer as GM, then this makes even less sense. And just shows that the Panthers will be near the bottom for a while. 

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I will say, Stefanski was one of the hot candidates in 2020 and he went to Cleveland where Haslem had shown to just as impatient, if not more. So, maybe getting one of only thirty two jobs is enough of a pull. 

But, if Tepper keeps Scott Fitterer as GM, then this makes even less sense. And just shows that the Panthers will be near the bottom for a while. 

Well, Haslem always at least let them coach through a full year at least before pulling the hook.  These new owners are certainly something...first, the Waltons with Hackett and now this guy. 

Edited by swede700

33 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Well, Haslem always at least let them coach through a full year at least before pulling the hook.  These new owners are certainly something...first, the Waltons with Hackett and now this guy. 

I always expect a change at HC and GM when new ownership comes in. It’s just a given that they want their guys in place.

I just wonder if there wasn’t stuff going on off the field between Reich and Tepper. I think the general consensus floating around the interweb is that Tepper stepped in and got involved with the team’s choice of QB last year. And if that’s the case, I can absolutely see friction between Reich and Tepper. 

I can just imagine, after every Houston game, Reich walking past Tepper’s office and shouting “I told you so!” 😆 

A year ago today, Brock Purdy replaced an injured Jimmy Garoppolo in the first quarter against Miami. His passer rating in 21 games (including playoffs) since that day: 114.1, the best in football.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/fmia/news/nfl-san-francisco-49ers-christian-mccaffrey-dak-prescott-fmia-week-13-peter-king

8 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's quite a story to read that the Jets potentially want to go back to Zach Wilson, but he's not sure he wants to go back.  🤣

It's weird how Wilson was praised for his leadership as a rookie, and now everyone sees even that part of his game was fraudulent.

The COVID season was the best thing to ever happen to him. It made him millions.

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

It's weird how Wilson was praised for his leadership as a rookie, and now everyone sees even that part of his game was fraudulent.

The COVID season was the best thing to ever happen to him. It made him millions.

The New York market was never a place he should have gone.  They broke him completely.  He's not the first, he won't be the last. 

• Like 3