NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

Speaking to reporters after the formal session ended, Jerry Jones praised the man some think will be the next head coach of the Cowboys.

Bill Belichick.

“I think he may be the best coach, certainly of my time in the NFL, and I happen to be part of a team that had the great Tom Landry, and I’d put him right there,” Jones said, “Bill’s a friend and a great coach.”

Some wonder whether Belichick and Jones could coexist. Jones apparently thinks they can.

“I like Bill Belichick,” Jones said. “He’s a friend.”

The question is whether he’ll be the Cowboys’ coach in 2025. Much of that depends on what McCarthy does with the team in 2024.

At least there’s no ambiguity. McCarthy’s job is on the line. And everyone knows it.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/with-mike-mccarthy-sitting-at-his-side-jerry-jones-praises-bill-belichick

I welcome Belichick on the Cowboys. Yet another poor personnel decision by Jones. I do think Belichick is a good Xs and Os guy. I do think the game has passed him by and that he is too rigid to change as needed. Let the Cowboys underachieve for another 5 years. Fine by me.

• Like 1

SF 49ers’ quarterback star Brock Purdy could be in line for a five year extension worth $325M, at $65M per season, according to @espn.

Brock, 24, is in the third year of his four year/$3.737M rookie deal and is due a base salary of $985,000 this season.

The 49ers are expected to open extension talks with brock Purdy next offseason.

Niners.com

5 hours ago, vike daddy said:

SF 49ers’ quarterback star Brock Purdy could be in line for a five year extension worth $325M, at $65M per season, according to @espn.

Brock, 24, is in the third year of his four year/$3.737M rookie deal and is due a base salary of $985,000 this season.

The 49ers are expected to open extension talks with brock Purdy next offseason.

Niners.com

I’d rather pay Justin Jefferson. 

• Like 1

The Jets broke out the pads for the first time this summer on Monday and they also got a dose of an angry Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers threw an interception that went off wide receiver Allen Lazard’s hands early in the session, struggled to corral erratic snaps from center Joe Tippmann and went down after being tripped by one of his offensive linemen. The mistakes led to Rodgers airing his grievances with his teammates.

“Honestly, he expects the same standard that he holds himself to out of everyone else, and today just didn’t resemble that at all. I think as an offense we were just a little bit sloppy,” Lazard said, via Rich Cimini of ESPN.com.

Tight end Tyler Conklin said that it is “really a blessing at the end of the day to have someone that cares that much” working to hold the team accountable, but all involved would prefer the unit be crisper than they were in Monday’s practice. That’s particularly true of Tippmann, who has struggled in other practices and head coach Robert Saleh said he “has to work on it” before the problem gets worse.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bad-snaps-sloppy-play-upset-aaron-rodgers-at-jets-practice

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

Maybe he should have planned his trip to see King Tut at a different time of year...

he was 19 for 29 today in practice today (or maybe it was yesterday) with 5 TD's and 0 INT's.

4 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

I think I would like to go at least a year where there is no talk about the Jets current QB.

Well, there's probably an 80% chance...at least IMO, that he just walks away after this year...then we'll never have to talk about him again. 

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Well, there's probably an 80% chance...at least IMO, that he just walks away after this year...then we'll never have to talk about him again. 

I think we should get into shape now.  Everybody reat after me:

"He just doesn't matter!"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, swede700 said:

Let's be honest, he's so desperate for attention he'll always be in the spotlight.

If it wasn't for football this season, he'd be getting into...a subject we can't talk about on this site haha

From the time I've watched him, I've always got a Joe Webb vibe from Joe Milton.

The fact that he's staying at QB is probably best for him right now. Still, I wouldn't be shocked in the least bit if he moved to WR with how athletic he is if being a QB doesn't work out.