NFL Snooze News: Volume Four, Por Favor

Heimdallr

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Settling the latest lawsuit against Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson won’t end the league’s investigation. It nevertheless short circuits it.

Speaking at the conclusion of Tuesday’s quarterly ownership meeting in Atlanta, Commissioner Roger Goodell said the league continues to investigate the allegation of sexual assault and battery, filed on September 10, 2024.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/roger-goodell-says-nfl-continues-to-review-latest-deshaun-watson-allegation

Goodell going to do the Browns a favor and make it so the club can void Watson's contract....?

If he did, Goodell would have one fan base, out of 32, who would buy him beers for life!

Baltimore is dominating the running game on both sides of the ball this season, like few teams the NFL has ever seen.

The Ravens’ offense leads the NFL with an average of 205.3 rushing yards per game. And the Ravens’ defense leads the NFL by allowing an average of 59.0 rushing yards per game. That means the Ravens are out-rushing their opponents by 146.3 yards per game. No other team in the NFL is even out-rushing its opponents by 100 yards a game.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/ravens-are-out-rushing-their-opponents-by-nearly-150-yards-a-game

23 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Baltimore is dominating the running game on both sides of the ball this season, like few teams the NFL has ever seen.

The Ravens’ offense leads the NFL with an average of 205.3 rushing yards per game. And the Ravens’ defense leads the NFL by allowing an average of 59.0 rushing yards per game. That means the Ravens are out-rushing their opponents by 146.3 yards per game. No other team in the NFL is even out-rushing its opponents by 100 yards a game.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/ravens-are-out-rushing-their-opponents-by-nearly-150-yards-a-game

BRING BACK THE WING-T, KOC!!!!

• Like 1

Today I am in Canton, OH.  There are two places that I visited today. 

1. Was the William McKinley Presidential Museum and memorial.  I am a history need, and like visiting sites like this.  His memorial is at the top of a hill.  You have to climb over 400 stairs to reach the top.  I will be 64 in a couple of months and I RAN the stairs!  Woohoo!

2. Was the Pro Football Hall of Fame.  As a football fan, this felt obligatory...however, it was melodramatic and  cheesy.  There should be much more on the start of the game and less on the modern game, in my opinion.  As I walked through the hall of busts, I was struck by the lack of players from the great Vikings teams of the 70s.  If they had won 1 of those Super Bowls it would be different.  So, a place that admits members by their individual achievements sure does penalize team failures.  On the other hand, their pro shop is generally less expensive than NFLshop.com.

Edited by Captain Relax
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Today I am in Canton, OH.  There are two places that I visited today. 

1. Was the William McKinley Presidential Museum and memorial.  I am a history need, and like visiting sites like this.  His memorial is at the top of a hill.  You have to climb over 400 stairs to reach the top.  I will be 64 in a couple of months and I RAN the stairs!  Woohoo!

2. Was the Pro Football Hall of Fame.  As a football fan, this felt obligatory...however, it was melodramatic and  cheesy.  There should be much more on the start of the game and less on the modern game, in my opinion.  As I walked through the hall of busts, I was struck by the lack of players from the great Vikings teams of the 70s.  If they had won 1 of those Super Bowls it would be different.  So, a place that admits members by their individual achievements sure does penalize team failures.  On the other hand, their pro shop is generally less expensive than NFLshop.com.

I have to go back to the PF HOF.  I was there in the late 80s (before the remodeling of it in the early 90s) and the pictures that were taken weren't developed properly and were ruined by the film processor, so I have none of them and don't remember much since it was 30+ years ago.   

I'm planning on going to DC next year for the Cherry Blossom Festival and would also love to hit Gettysburg while I'm there since it's only a couple of hours away.   

50 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I have to go back to the PF HOF.  I was there in the late 80s (before the remodeling of it in the early 90s) and the pictures that were taken weren't developed properly and were ruined by the film processor, so I have none of them and don't remember much since it was 30+ years ago.   

I'm planning on going to DC next year for the Cherry Blossom Festival and would also love to hit Gettysburg while I'm there since it's only a couple of hours away.   

I did a Masters degree program in Gettysburg 1983-1987.  They've removed a lot of touristy tacky kitch over the last few years.  If you get a chance, go to the museum on the campus of the Lutheran Seminary. It focuses on the battles' impact on citizens of Gettysburg.  It's really well done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

It's probably not a good time to announce this during the season they're having...

God almighty, I truly feel for Browns fans.  Among the most loyal fan bases in all of sports where team and city are nearly synonymous. But, the team owners keep giving them the middle finger.

The Cleveland lake front is beautiful and the city is still trying to make it better.  The current stadium isn't bad.  It needs a parking deck, because parking at the stadium is awful.  But the lake front is a perfect spot for a stadium. 

I am so grateful the Vikings are owned by the Wilfs and not the Haslems!

• Like 1