orlando magoc thread: franzchero era

FinneasGage

Vuc is good and all but a 19-26 record with the offense flowing through him just isn’t good enough. Unless you have Jokic the NBA just isn’t made for offenses to flow through big men with no handles anymore. If we bring in a guard that we run the offense through (like we should) I don’t see Vuc being as effective. I think we should trade him and re-aboard the tank train since this season isn’t going anywhere. We need effective guard play in the worst way and since we already have a plethora of big men in Gordon, Isaac, Bamba and Vuc I think it would be smart to give one of them up to improve pg/sg.

My preference like I said would be to give up Vuc since this is a lost season. He’d probably give us the best return and giving Bamba his minutes will lose us more games and we can get a higher draft pick. Maybe the extra minutes help slow the game down for Bamba by the end of the year or next year as well. If we can get a better return for Isaac I wouldn’t mind giving him up either. I doubt Bamba is on the table and I’d prefer to keep Gordon over all of them but if the right deal comes our way he’s not untradeable.

Oh and for the love of god do whatever it takes to get Fournier’s sorry *** off this team. I weep inside every time I think about how we chose him over Oladipo. That’s like a 10 year set back if you think about the length of Fournier’s contract coupled with the time it takes to develop a 19-20 year old kid. Just a piss *** move. Probably the worst move in the history of the franchise.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:36 AM, dtait93 said:

Vuc is good and all but a 19-26 record with the offense flowing through him just isn’t good enough. Unless you have Jokic the NBA just isn’t made for offenses to flow through big men with no handles anymore. If we bring in a guard that we run the offense through (like we should) I don’t see Vuc being as effective. I think we should trade him and re-aboard the tank train since this season isn’t going anywhere. We need effective guard play in the worst way and since we already have a plethora of big men in Gordon, Isaac, Bamba and Vuc I think it would be smart to give one of them up to improve pg/sg.

My preference like I said would be to give up Vuc since this is a lost season. He’d probably give us the best return and giving Bamba his minutes will lose us more games and we can get a higher draft pick. Maybe the extra minutes help slow the game down for Bamba by the end of the year or next year as well. If we can get a better return for Isaac I wouldn’t mind giving him up either. I doubt Bamba is on the table and I’d prefer to keep Gordon over all of them but if the right deal comes our way he’s not untradeable.

Oh and for the love of god do whatever it takes to get Fournier’s sorry *** off this team. I weep inside every time I think about how we chose him over Oladipo. That’s like a 10 year set back if you think about the length of Fournier’s contract coupled with the time it takes to develop a 19-20 year old kid. Just a piss *** move. Probably the worst move in the history of the franchise.

this whole time I was under the impression that Vuc had a 20 mill contract this year. looking at ESPN trade machine it said it was around 12 million. WTH. I want in on Vuc for Boston. We offer Rozier (RFA) and Baynes who is serviceable plus salary filler. 

Boston gets to free up some ball handlers while getting something for Rozier. Orlando gets a PG of the future for a player who probably will be gone next year.

who says NO????

11 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

this whole time I was under the impression that Vuc had a 20 mill contract this year. looking at ESPN trade machine it said it was around 12 million. WTH. I want in on Vuc for Boston. We offer Rozier (RFA) and Baynes who is serviceable plus salary filler. 

Boston gets to free up some ball handlers while getting something for Rozier. Orlando gets a PG of the future for a player who probably will be gone next year.

who says NO????

I haven’t watched enough of Rozier to know if he’s really that good or not, but if the plan is to let Vuc walk then why the hell not. Though I say that not knowing what Rozier’s contract is like. Doesn’t he play good defense at the very least? What’s his offensive game like?

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

I haven’t watched enough of Rozier to know if he’s really that good or not, but if the plan is to let Vuc walk then why the hell not. Though I say that not knowing what Rozier’s contract is like. Doesn’t he play good defense at the very least? What’s his offensive game like?

Just took a look at his stats and ooof he is a horrible shooter

13 hours ago, dtait93 said:

haven’t watched enough of Rozier to know if he’s really that good or not, but if the plan is to let Vuc walk then why the hell not. Though I say that not knowing what Rozier’s contract is like. Doesn’t he play good defense at the very least? What’s his offensive game like?

actually he has been a HORRIBLE decision maker in that he is taking bad shots. BUT that has a lot more to do with everyone on Boston trying to get theirs, so to speak. Rozier has a pretty big sample size when he became the starter at the end of last season and all throughout the playoffs. He was a much better shooter and play maker then.

Rozier is a top notch defender and finisher with a good jumpshot "WHEN" he takes/makes smart decisions. Keep in mind EVERYONE except Kyrie and Marcus Morris are shooting career lows as Boston struggles to deal with so many ball needy players.

On 1/21/2019 at 11:10 PM, dtait93 said:

Just took a look at his stats and ooof he is a horrible shooter

To continue the thought about Rosie and his shooting today is just an example and a small sample size but Kyrie Irving not playing rosiest thoughts he's eight four eight including four-for-four from the three-point line for whatever reason when he's comfortable as a starter he's a totally different player and he's proved that most of last year

Wonder what it would take to get Conley. Idc that he's getting 30+ mil... I think having a veteran point guard that can actually set up his teammates would really help our young guys development over the next two and a half years.

If we can keep Gordon a Conley/Gordon/Vuc trio could be pretty nice and may be able to get us in to that 6-8 seed range. I think the playoffs would do wonders for our young teams mental....maybe something along the lines of Ross+Mozgov for him if they aren't willing to take on Fournier.

To finish the season...

Conley/DJ

Fournier/trash

Isaac/Simmons

Gordon/Martin

Vuc/Birch