Let’s talk the WR room.

MikeT14

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I had hopes for Harmon or Cam Sims at TE but now that we drafted Bates and signed Sammis Reyes. I think they both make the team.

I'd be surprised if Reyes makes the team.  I'm pretty sure they'll look to stash him on the practice squad at the same time everyone makes cuts around the league.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I would cut Cam Sims and keep Harmon.  Plus I would keep AGG on the active roster and put Milne on the PS.  

Cam Sims, in my opinion, is just a better receiver then AGG. Golden looked completely lost out there. Couldn’t catch, couldn’t run routes etc. If it were me I’m admitting a mistake and cutting him. 

McClaurin

Cam Sims

Curtis Samuel

Humphries

Harmon

Brown

Cut:

Sims Jr

Milne-PS

AGG-PS

Isiaah Wright-PS

And honestly, if Humpries doesn’t show much in preseason and training camp I’d cut him too. Was not a big fan of that pick up. 

• Like 2

As much as I bagged on Cam Sims as the WR2 he was playing as last season, I think he’s an excellent back of the roster option. He made some plays for us last year, and I think he’ll be the leader in the clubhouse for that WR5 spot (assuming Dyami and Humphries are mostly locks). 

After that, it’s really tough. I think Harmon is probably the best player, but he’s at a bit of a disadvantage because he’s not this staff’s guy — they didn’t draft him, and they didn’t even really get to coach him last season. I still think there’s something there with Steven Sims, but it was really rough last season. Dax Milne is probably a PS guy as a rookie, and I’m not sure there’s room in a crowded unit for a pure return man.

The wild card, of course, is Gandy-Golden. If things start to click for him, he’s going to have a spot. But it was not promising last season, and I don’t know that they can just continue to carry a total project in hopes that one day the light will go on. He needs to be able to contribute this season, and if he can’t, I think he’s got to go to the PS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noptov52 said:

I'd be surprised if Reyes makes the team.  I'm pretty sure they'll look to stash him on the practice squad at the same time everyone makes cuts around the league.

I think if they try to stash Reyes on the PS, they’ll lose him. I expect him to be the 53 man on the roster and be inactive all year unless we need him. 

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

As much as I bagged on Cam Sims as the WR2 he was playing as last season, I think he’s an excellent back of the roster option. He made some plays for us last year, and I think he’ll be the leader in the clubhouse for that WR5 spot (assuming Dyami and Humphries are mostly locks). 

After that, it’s really tough. I think Harmon is probably the best player, but he’s at a bit of a disadvantage because he’s not this staff’s guy — they didn’t draft him, and they didn’t even really get to coach him last season. I still think there’s something there with Steven Sims, but it was really rough last season. Dax Milne is probably a PS guy as a rookie, and I’m not sure there’s room in a crowded unit for a pure return man.

The wild card, of course, is Gandy-Golden. If things start to click for him, he’s going to have a spot. But it was not promising last season, and I don’t know that they can just continue to carry a total project in hopes that one day the light will go on. He needs to be able to contribute this season, and if he can’t, I think he’s got to go to the PS.

AGG actually has more weight on him that Cam or Harmon. Someone on Twitter one of our beat reporters once suggested that they move AGG to TE - I can’t remember who it was, maybe Sheehan - I suggested it would be better to move Cam or Harmon there bc Harmon is such a good blocker but if AGG cab block well - I have no idea if he can - he’s already heavier than the other two so maybe that happens or he goes to the practice squad to develop for a year to be a TE.