> 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <

Danger

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Added him in the 5th in a lot of Mocks, especially when I skip a guard in round 3.

Seems like one of the more “Stout Special” kinda guys in this draft.

Like “no we aren’t going to take a 1st round center from (arguably) OL U to replace Kelce. We are gonna take some kid from Mercer later day 3.”

And Stout would make it work lol. 

Just now, Jeezla said:

Funny to me that the hottest topic over the past year, draft wise, has been what round it's appropriate to take Matt Araiza.

I don’t know what universe you’re living in lol. It’s a question I’ve wondered, but don’t think it’s anywhere close to being the hottest topic of the past year for the draft.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah I get it, but that’s not a lot of snaps like a WR or CB would play almost all of the snaps. Next year is probably a better DT class, cause the best Georgia DT is still in school in Jalen Carter and Bryan Breese from Clemson is another who could go top 10 and that’s in a stronger class for QBs and Will Anderson who would go over any EDGE this year if he could come out. We could get a guy for run stuffing on day 3. Jordan Davis and Travis Jones as much as I like them aren’t gonna be providing a lot of pass rush year 1. 

It’s a really good one yeah, especially rd 1.

But like I said we aren’t necessarily in position to get one unless one of those picks is a top 5 pick. I guess they could just trade one of them and then future picks but  will have to make some safeguarding moves, and you’ll be right back where you are this year.

I don’t know what universe you’re living in lol. It’s a question I’ve wondered, but don’t think it’s anywhere close to being the hottest topic of the past year for the draft.

We went like 8 pages in 1 day. Because Matt Araiza.

Edited by Jeezla

Samwell Tarly from Game of Thrones

Thought you were talking about Samwise the character from Lord of the Rings.

Ah crap, forgot about GoT! Georges fault. That damn book should have been released 3 years ago, and we should be complaining about how long it's taking to complete the book after the book he still hasn't released.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

Just now, Jeezla said:

We went like 8 pages in 1 day

Oh you mean that back and forth that happened. Yeah, I didn’t really get involved in that, but I think 4th round is probably as high as I could go. I think day 3 tends to get dicey and you’re probably gonna miss on that day, but generally we’ve had a lot of success there compared to other teams I think, so I don’t know.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

We have to pass on Araiza now, for the good of the party.

Hes too powerful and divisive. I can’t wish 18 years on @Jroc04 knowing we spent a draft pick on him.

Jroc and the un-importance of the Punter position or irishhooligan and the un-importance of Rodney mcLeod to our team. Which is more steadfast in their view?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Or the 2nd or the 3rd.

He was the 3rd best DT at the Senior Bowl after Jones and Winfrey. He's probably DT4 and should have been a 2nd rounder at best, even without the DVs

Kinda feel like only 2 or 3 of the... what 7 highly touted Georgia defenders in the draft will live up to their expectations, the question is, which ones?

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

FHVcSYB.png

I pivoted to the Giants after Eagles got taken. Had a couple Giants fans begging me to pick with them, but I tried to do y'all justice.

The only pick I might have messed up IMO was the Paschal pick. I left my computer and other people made their picks quick and Giants came back on the clock and by the time I got back there was only like a 2 or 3 seconds on the clock so I just quickly went to the first player I saw that I liked quite a bit. I really wanted to get a LB at the beginning of the 3rd like Quay Walker. Think that would've been a steal and he would be a great ILB in a 3-4, but getting Beavers with the last pick helped take some weight on my shoulders for not getting him at the beginning of the 3rd. Plus, I do think Paschal is a 3rd round prospect and very strong like he bowls over OL strong. Think he could be a nice fit as a 4i like TDN says for his fit.

I have Sauce as a top 5 player in the class and I debated back and forth with Ekwonu and Neal. Think Neal is safer, but Ekwonu has the higher ceiling. Neal played RT at Bama before playing LT this year, so you could just slide him over there pretty easy if you want to keep Thomas where he's at which is probably best after he had a better season this past year. 

I was debating between Ojabo and Mafe at EDGE cause I'm not really a Roche guy, but not sure how you guys feel about that. I ended up deciding on Kenyon Green, cause he just seems like such a safe prospect and remaking that OL is a priority. Plug him right in there at LG next to Andrew Thomas and let him go to work. Looking at your guys depth chart I didn't realize how bad your center situation is. 

I think Dulcich is a top 3 or so TE and made more sense than the WRs that were on the board.

If there was a next pick in this mock I probably would've gone after a center for you guys, cause I don't see anybody on the roster I think I want starting. Luke Fortner probably would've been my target at the top of the 5th round cause he was the best center left on the board and would've been pretty nice value too as some have him as a 3rd round guy.

Let me know what you guys think. 

Not Eagles related, but I posted this live mock I did for the GIants with other people.

I think this would be a A- draft for them (through 4 rounds).

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 2

• Kiltman changed the title to > 2022 Draft Prospect Thread <