2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Exactly. Bryan Edwards is 6'3 215 with 4.4 speed and had an amazing highlight real full of spectacular one handed grabs at South Carolina. When Ruggs got cut was he the guy that stepped into the #1 WR role? Nope, it was 5'10" 180 slot WR Hunter Renfrow. 

I don’t think edwards runs a 4.4. Or if he does he really doesn’t play to it. Super disappointed by him this year after Ruggs went out. Still there’s time for him to turn it around but I think Zay is clearly better at this point. 

54 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don’t think edwards runs a 4.4. Or if he does he really doesn’t play to it. Super disappointed by him this year after Ruggs went out. Still there’s time for him to turn it around but I think Zay is clearly better at this point. 

I agree that Edwards has been a major disappointment.  He plays stiff, doesn't separate and doesn't have great lateral movement.  Pickens would be an upgrade over Edwards.  

54 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah, Edwards ran a 4.53- out of gear, obviously. 

He plays closer to 4.6 tbh. 

Good depth guy to have, but right now he's just that, which is why finding someone similar to him (big bodied guy) doesn't deter me. He has a spot on the roster, but he doesn't need to be gifted a starting role in 2022 just by default. 

I really hope we attack WR in the offseason. Renfrow is really the only "safe" one we have. Jackson is old and I don't think keeping him over another younger speedster is prudent. He's not a starter anymore. Jones and Edwards should be competing for WR3/4 duties. 

In my ideal world, we sign MVS or Lazard (or take a stab at Ridley via trade) and then draft opposite them (ie: MVS? Draft a big body possession guy; Lazard? Draft a speedster). Honestly, bring in 3 new WRs. If someone John Brown's us, so be it. That was ultimately his own loss and if you can't beat out Bryan or Zay for playing time, you're probably not long for the league.

18 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah, Edwards ran a 4.53- out of gear, obviously. 

He plays closer to 4.6 tbh. 

Good depth guy to have, but right now he's just that, which is why finding someone similar to him (big bodied guy) doesn't deter me. He has a spot on the roster, but he doesn't need to be gifted a starting role in 2022 just by default. 

I really hope we attack WR in the offseason. Renfrow is really the only "safe" one we have. Jackson is old and I don't think keeping him over another younger speedster is prudent. He's not a starter anymore. Jones and Edwards should be competing for WR3/4 duties. 

In my ideal world, we sign MVS or Lazard (or take a stab at Ridley via trade) and then draft opposite them (ie: MVS? Draft a big body possession guy; Lazard? Draft a speedster). Honestly, bring in 3 new WRs. If someone John Brown's us, so be it. That was ultimately his own loss and if you can't beat out Bryan or Zay for playing time, you're probably not long for the league.

I agree we need a complete overhaul at WR.  I am in favor of bringing in DJ Chark to play as our X, I don't mind the Ridley idea if the proper research is done so he won't quit mid season, find a Ruggs type as the Y, which is easier said than done, Renfrow in the slot and Edwards as the 4.  

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Bryan didn't do any of the drills in the pre draft process because he broke his foot but he ran a 4.53 at a camp in HS and most assumed that he would've ran in the 4.45-4.50 range when he declared for the draft. 

He started the season strong but we just haven't targeted him that much as the year has gone on. One of the reasons he hasn't really produced, imo, is because he's only targeted on deep passes. His ADOT is 10th furthest in the NFL this season and most of his production early in the season came in late game situations where Carr was more willing to throw up 50-50 balls because we had to make a play or we were going to lose. The offense in general without Ruggs/Waller has really just become dink and dunk up the field.

With Ruggs playing Carr averaged 325 ypg/8.5 YPA, without Ruggs he has averaged 261 ypg/7.1 YPA. 

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He’s really good. It just depends on how he tests. If he runs fast I think he’s gone before the 50s.

I think that he's the most underrated WR in the draft. Everyone will fall in love with guys like Jameson Williams, Drake London, and George Pickens because of their H/W/S. Dotson is just so crafty, can play inside/out, and fits the mold of the WR's that have come into the league and been top tier in recent years.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Trade for Calvin Ridley and then sign MSV or James Washington on a 1 year prove it deal. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think that he's the most underrated WR in the draft. Everyone will fall in love with guys like Jameson Williams, Drake London, and George Pickens because of their H/W/S. Dotson is just so crafty, can play inside/out, and fits the mold of the WR's that have come into the league and been top tier in recent years.

I would hardly call him underrated, I've seen him in the top 40 overall players in this years draft.  

He is most likely going at the end of the 1st or early second unless he runs a 4.25.  Are you suggesting we should take him with our 1st?  

We need to go BPA as this team needs an influx of young talent.  I hope that BPA turns out to be a stud CB. LB or 3T.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I agree. They're not the same player but David Bell also fits that mold. It's a deep class though so hopefully one of the good ones gets pushed down. We definitely should invest in a WR on day 1/2.

Ideally the room looks like this:

Renfrow

Vet

Zay (unless he prices himself out)

Edwards

Day 1/2 pick

Tyron Johnson/Djax (either I'm not picky)

22 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I would hardly call him underrated, I've seen him in the top 40 overall players in this years draft.  

He is most likely going at the end of the 1st or early second unless he runs a 4.25.  Are you suggesting we should take him with our 1st?  

We need to go BPA as this team needs an influx of young talent.  I hope that BPA turns out to be a stud CB. LB or 3T.

Williams, Olave, Garrett, Olave, and Burks are almost all ranked higher than Dotson. If we're picking in the mid 20's and Dotson is on the board, I don't think he's a bad value there. He can play outside or in the slot, has the speed to take the top off the defense, and projects as a high target player. I've seen him compared to Diontae Johnson and that's exactly who I see when I watch him play. 

I'm personally not a huge fan of LB in the 1st this year, Lloyd and Dean are both solid but neither is a can't miss prospect like Micah Parsons was last year. This years class is weak at DT but I like Leal, just not sure he drops to us in the 1st. CB is pretty stacked this year too with Sauce Gardner, Andrew Booth, and Kaiir Elam.

34 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah I agree. They're not the same player but David Bell also fits that mold. It's a deep class though so hopefully one of the good ones gets pushed down. We definitely should invest in a WR on day 1/2.

Ideally the room looks like this:

Renfrow

Vet

Zay (unless he prices himself out)

Edwards

Day 1/2 pick

Tyron Johnson/Djax (either I'm not picky)

Will be interesting to see what approach we take to address WR, it seems like it has been a need here forever. We botched the Bryant/AB trades, Jordie Nelson/Tyrell Williams were busts in free agency, Henry Ruggs got into trouble, we traded away Amari Cooper, and let Nelson Agholor walk in free agency. Ideally we'll get someone that along with Renfrow will be here for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Will be interesting to see what approach we take to address WR, it seems like it has been a need here forever. We botched the Bryant/AB trades, Jordie Nelson/Tyrell Williams were busts in free agency, Henry Ruggs got into trouble, we traded away Amari Cooper, and let Nelson Agholor walk in free agency. Ideally we'll get someone that along with Renfrow will be here for the foreseeable future.

Has any team been as unlucky at the WR position in the last 5 years? I don't think so.

I don't think DT is that big on a need with Jefferson and Philon. Sucks Philon was hurt, both were forces. Jefferson is only 28, could be in line for a 2-3 year new deal. I could see a developmental DT in the mid rounds, but shouldn't have to reach in the 1st for a need. 

Even the interior of the line Is starting to open the run game over the last few weeks. Deablo is looking like the future at WLB. Perryman has been lights out at MLB 

Obvious position to tackle early in the draft: WR1

Brandon Parker actually locked down Bosa last night 😬