2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

If you look at it, it looks like his knee, it looked like it popped and he grabbed it immediately. 

When I watched it in real time it looked like the "pop" occurred posteriorly and around his ankle but after rewatching it a few times I would see that it was a pretty clear ACL injury. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I rewatched it.  It looked like a classic ACL tear when I saw the replay.  Acl is still a terrible injury and will most likely push him into the 2nd round.  

The talented WR crop is starting to dwindle down. In the draft Williams, Metchie, and London are all coming off of serious lower leg injuries. In free agency Godwin, Gallup, and Chark are all coming off of serious lower leg injuries too.

Just now, NYRaider said:

The talented WR crop is starting to dwindle down. In the draft Williams, Metchie, and London are all coming off of serious lower leg injuries. In free agency Godwin, Gallup, and Chark are all coming off of serious lower leg injuries too.

Terrible injuries but that will be good for a WR needy team like the Raiders.  A combo of Chark and Williams would be a great combo for years to come.  

1 minute ago, jpaulthe1st said:

1st round corners last 10 years: 

1. DJ Hayden

2. Gareon Conley

3. Damon Arnette 

Barf 

Jaire Alexander, Jalen Ramsey, Marshon Lattimore, Marlon Humphrey, etc were all 1st round picks. 

If you look at basically any positional group we've drafted early they've sucked, lol. Our only good first round picks in recent memory are Mack, Cooper, Jacobs, and Miller.

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Terrible injuries but that will be good for a WR needy team like the Raiders.  A combo of Chark and Williams would be a great combo for years to come.  

The only thing with Williams is that he may miss a good portion of next season. I'd potentially take a risk on one guy coming off of an injury but I wouldn't give Chark a massive deal off of a fractured ankle and draft Williams early.

51 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's just a freshman this year and has had spotty OL play all season, he has been sacked 35 times and IIRC he is one of the most pressured QB's in the country as well. I think his spotty accuracy at times has a lot to do with the fact that he's constantly throwing on the move/under pressure. 

I agree that a lot of guys breakout early and then regress but Bryce just won the Heisman has like 50 TD/5 INT and has all of the tools that you look for in a franchise QB in the modern NFL. He has a lot of Russell Wilson/Kyler Murray in his game.

I don’t think he’s as dynamic a runner as those two and I don’t think he has the body to be a runner in the NFL. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

The only thing with Williams is that he may miss a good portion of next season. I'd potentially take a risk on one guy coming off of an injury but I wouldn't give Chark a massive deal off of a fractured ankle and draft Williams early.

Chark should bounce back 100 percent from that ankle injury at the start of next season.  I don't know with certainty the severity of his injury but I highly doubt it will keep him form bing 100 percent next season.  

Taking chances on players like Chark and Williams might not pay dividends immediately but I am thinking long term here.  Both of those guys have their prime years still to come and getting a 1st round talent like WIlliams in the 2nd round would be a massive steal for the next decade.  

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Chark should bounce back 100 percent from that ankle injury at the start of next season.  I don't know with certainty the severity of his injury but I highly doubt it will keep him form bing 100 percent next season.  

Taking chances on players like Chark and Williams might not pay dividends immediately but I am thinking long term here.  Both of those guys have their prime years still to come and getting a 1st round talent like WIlliams in the 2nd round would be a massive steal for the next decade.  

Chark fractured his ankle pretty badly and really hasn't been all that special even when he was healthy. 

We need WR help now, can't invest major assets into two guys who might be good in 2-3 years.

11 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

1st round corners last 10 years: 

1. DJ Hayden

2. Gareon Conley

3. Damon Arnette 

Barf 

1. DJ Hayden - His heart literally exploded on the field and we took him 12th.

2. Gareon Conley - Was dealing with a major sexual assault allegation and we took him in the 1st.

3. Damon Arnette - Was 24 years old, slow, and had known character issues, lol.