2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Chark fractured his ankle pretty badly and really hasn't been all that special even when he was healthy. 

We need WR help now, can't invest major assets into two guys who might be good in 2-3 years.

Chark was a victim of terrible QB play.  He is a very good WR when healthy and like I said will most likely be back to 100 percent at the start of next year.  

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Chark was a victim of terrible QB play.  He is a very good WR when healthy and like I said will most likely be back to 100 percent at the start of next year.  

I wouldn't hate it but if he's getting 13-14M APY you have to be very confident in his ankle being 100% good.

Bryce Young is playing under heavy duress and making some big time throws. His ability to read the defense pre-snap and go through his progressions in a messy pocket is elite. Also his internal clock is very fast. He isn’t perfect but his skill set extrapolates extremely well to the pros. I want him on our team 

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Yea Chark is a baller, I just have no idea about his ankle. If he’s ready to go, I’d take him in a heart beat. We don’t need a #1, we need speed and big play ability.

Edited by Geezy

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I wouldn't hate it but if he's getting 13-14M APY you have to be very confident in his ankle being 100% good.

I'm not saying pay him 13 per year.  I am liking both of these guys because of the value they would bring with upside potential.  No way Chark get's 13M for the reasons you mentioned but a savvy GM would look that the big picture and steal him on a one year prove it deal for 8ish or a two or three year deal for 9 or 10. Chark is a very good WR!!!

If Williams is there in the 2nd for us I would run up to the podium with the pick.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

1. DJ Hayden - His heart literally exploded on the field and we took him 12th.

2. Gareon Conley - Was dealing with a major sexual assault allegation and we took him in the 1st.

3. Damon Arnette - Was 24 years old, slow, and had known character issues, lol.

It makes it even more depressing when you consider that Xavier Rhodes was the next corner selected after Hayden and Tre’Davious White was the next Corner selected after Conley. 

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not saying pay him 13 per year.  I am liking both of these guys because of the value they would bring with upside potential.  No way Chark get's 13M for the reasons you mentioned but a savvy GM would look that the big picture and steal him on a one year prove it deal for 8ish or a two or three year deal for 9 or 10. Chark is a very good WR!!!

If Williams is there in the 2nd for us I would run up to the podium with the pick.

Kenny Golladay coming off of an injury plagued season got a 4 yr/$72M deal and Corey Davis got a 3 yr/$38M deal after one year of just pretty good production. 

Contract Projection: Three years, $40 million ($13.33M per year, $22.5 million total guaranteed)

9 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

It makes it even more depressing when you consider that Xavier Rhodes was the next corner selected after Hayden and Tre’Davious White was the next Corner selected after Conley. 

And we were 3 picks away from Terrell over Arnette 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kenny Golladay coming off of an injury plagued season got a 4 yr/$72M deal and Corey Davis got a 3 yr/$38M deal after one year of just pretty good production. 

I'm not sure who make those projections but I doubt he gets 13.  I like Chark but at 13 million I'm not sure there is value there.  9 would be good vale until he can prove me right and show that he was a victim of bad QB play.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

14 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not sure who make those projections but I doubt he gets 13.  I like Chark but at 13 million I'm not sure there is value there.  9 would be good vale until he can prove me right and show that he was a victim of bad QB play.

Players always get overpaid in free agency. Curtis Samuel got $11.5M, Robby Anderson got $14.7M, hell we gave Tyrell Williams $11M a few years ago and adjusted for cap inflation, it would've likely been 13-14M.

14 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

True. Terrell followed by Jefferson would have been a beautiful draft haul. 

Had we landed Byron Jones in free agency we would've likely went LB in the 1st instead of paying Corey Littleton but we whiffed on both, lol. Mayock is terrible.