2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

Every year I sit back in day 1 and watch the news of these FA deals being signed and say to myself…. “There’s no way that guy plays out that contract / In what world is paying they guy that much a good idea / etc”.  
while it Sucks to see all the other teams get additions while we gain nothing and even lose Zay Jones, a guy we thought we’d have the choice to bring back or not at a low price…. And now our depleted WR group is more depleated……

just remember day 1-2 signings brought us Carl Nassib and deals like that.  Deals that almost always result in 2 years of underproduction and then dead cap.  (At least when McKenzie made a bad Deal we only had to keep the guy for year 2 and then have no dead cap).

We really need to set hard limits on what we are willing to Pay the few guys we targeted.  If it happens then great, if not it’s probably better to walk then overpay.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, roi34 said:

mache

He’s a good dude.  Back in the day when I was in college and worked at Finishline my buddy use to keep him on the payroll at our store so he could abuse the employee discounts.  He never actually worked a single hour, but my boss/friend who grew to with Him would put 50+ shoes in the office every 3-4 months…. We use to have these “Dot Sales”…. Shoes got different color dots(red, blue, green, etc) that represented a discount percentage.  We’d let Jordan’s, Air Maxes, etc sit in the office from the day they came out until the day they hit 70% off then whack it down with our 30% employee discount on top.  $150 shoes that were 3-5 months old became $33 bucks or less.  Mache would drive down in his truck and we’d load up his truck with kicks for them.  It was such a good thing no one ever considered stealing.  

I remember when he had a pair of AF1 Low’s shipped to us for Kobe.  I thought that was the coolest thing ever.  He was already pretty famous off the Rasheed Wallace AF Highs and a bunch of other stuff but that’s when he was getting BIG! 

For as big as he has gotten the dude was mad humble and chill, you’d never know he was a celebrity of sorts.

Are you from the Poughkeepsie area?

Edited by jimkelly02

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

He’s a good dude.  Back in the day when I was in college and worked at Finishline my buddy use to keep him on the payroll at our store so he could abuse the employee discounts.  He never actually worked a single hour, but my boss/friend who grew to with Him would put 50+ shoes in the office every 3-4 months…. We use to have these “Dot Sales”…. Shoes got different color dots(red, blue, green, etc) that represented a discount percentage.  We’d let Jordan’s, Air Maxes, etc sit in the office from the day they came out until the day they hit 70% off then whack it down with our 30% employee discount on top.  $150 shoes that were 3-5 months old became $33 bucks or less.  Mache would drive down in his truck and we’d load up his truck with kicks for them.  It was such a good thing no one ever considered stealing.  

I remember when he had a pair of AF1 Low’s shipped to us for Kobe.  I thought that was the coolest thing ever.  He was already pretty famous off the Rasheed Wallace AF Highs and a bunch of other stuff but that’s when he was getting BIG! 

For as big as he has gotten the dude was mad humble and chill, you’d never know he was a celebrity of sorts.

Are you from the Poughkeepsie area?

pretty close by yeah

that's pretty sweet, one of my boys growing up does custom shoes too

4 minutes ago, roi34 said:

pretty close by yeah

that's pretty sweet, one of my boys growing up does custom shoes too

Oh nice…. I’m not that far away… Danbury, CT.  
That’s pretty cool… I use to be big into shoes back in the day.  Worked at FootAction in high school and Finishline all throughout college and a year after I graduated.

It’s absolutely crazy how talented those top guys are.  They make pure art work.  Unfortunately, Nike really doesn’t treat them right.  They toss them a few things and then steal their ideas/designs for their limited edition Collab’s.

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

Oh nice…. I’m not that far away… Danbury, CT.  
That’s pretty cool… I use to be big into shoes back in the day.  Worked at FootAction in high school and Finishline all throughout college and a year after I graduated.

It’s absolutely crazy how talented those top guys are.  They make pure art work.  Unfortunately, Nike really doesn’t treat them right.  They toss them a few things and then steal their ideas/designs for their limited edition Collab’s.

nice yeah you're close I'm in Danbury a bit. friend of mine lives in Danbury that's raiders fan

57 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Every year I sit back in day 1 and watch the news of these FA deals being signed and say to myself…. “There’s no way that guy plays out that contract / In what world is paying they guy that much a good idea / etc”.  
while it Sucks to see all the other teams get additions while we gain nothing and even lose Zay Jones, a guy we thought we’d have the choice to bring back or not at a low price…. And now our depleted WR group is more depleated……

just remember day 1-2 signings brought us Carl Nassib and deals like that.  Deals that almost always result in 2 years of underproduction and then dead cap.  (At least when McKenzie made a bad Deal we only had to keep the guy for year 2 and then have no dead cap).

We really need to set hard limits on what we are willing to Pay the few guys we targeted.  If it happens then great, if not it’s probably better to walk then overpay.

what teams impressed you? So far the only teams who look better to me are Chargers and Bengals. Maybe Broncos 

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

what teams impressed you? So far the only teams who look better to me are Chargers and Bengals. Maybe Broncos 

Cincy made 2 nice G signings in Cappa and Karras.  They didn’t even overpay IMO.

Chargers did really well adding Jackson, but also Austin Johnson is a low key addition what till really help that horrible run defense.  I wonder what they paid Johnson.  I could easily see him getting 9M+ per based upon other deals.

Jax is spending money like Crazy.  I like the addition of Foley, but like all the deals they overpaid.

Besides DJ Jones who I think is a very average NT, who else did Denver add?

16 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Cincy made 2 nice G signings in Cappa and Karras.  They didn’t even overpay IMO.

Chargers did really well adding Jackson, but also Austin Johnson is a low key addition what till really help that horrible run defense.  I wonder what they paid Johnson.  I could easily see him getting 9M+ per based upon other deals.

Jax is spending money like Crazy.  I like the addition of Foley, but like all the deals they overpaid.

Besides DJ Jones who I think is a very average NT, who else did Denver add?

Russell Wilson, they just needed a QB.... good defense, good wideouts, stud RB... OL is okay 

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Him and hill from cinci Harrison Phillips were on my realistic wish list

here's my DT wishlist lol 

• Akeim Hicks
  • Calais Campbell
  • Jefferson
  • Solomon Thomas
  • Sheldon Richardson
  • Jarren Reed
  • Malik Jackson 
  • Eddie Goldman
  • John Hankins
  • Daquan Joness
  • Shy Tuttle
  • Derrick Nnadi

43 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Russell Wilson, they just needed a QB.... good defense, good wideouts, stud RB... OL is okay 

Well yeah… I was only speaking to FA not trades, so I didn’t bring up Wilson.  Their definitely a formidable opponent now.  They were a QB away from being good and have their QB now.

22 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

here's my DT wishlist lol 

• Akeim Hicks
  • Calais Campbell
  • Jefferson
  • Solomon Thomas
  • Sheldon Richardson
  • Jarren Reed
  • Malik Jackson 
  • Eddie Goldman
  • John Hankins
  • Daquan Joness
  • Shy Tuttle
  • Derrick Nnadi

I’d be very happy with Goldman, Hankins, Nnadi and even Daquan Jones as the NT and Jefferson, Campbell, Hicks and even Reed or Richardson as the 3T. And when we play 3-4 they play DE with Ferrell.  I’m not done with Ferrell.  If he comes into camp in shape like last year I think this defense can suit him very well and he can be get 6 or 7 sacks and rejuvenate his career.

• Like 1