2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

1 minute ago, Jraider91 said:

The Packers had the ball nearly 10 minutes more than the Bucs in that game. Nothing to do with the run game was why they lost. 

The Packers had 4 carries for 9 yards in the second half. They were on the 8 yard line with a chance to tie it late in the 4th quarter but completely abandoned the run game, Rodgers had 3 straight incompletions and they lost the game.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The Packers had 4 carries for 9 yards in the second half. They were on the 8 yard line with a chance to tie it late in the 4th quarter but completely abandoned the run game, Rodgers had 3 straight incompletions and they lost the game.

Rodgers literally had the TD he just gagged and didn't scramble in for the score. That doesn't actually change what you said about keeping him off the field though. 

1 minute ago, Jraider91 said:

Rodgers literally had the TD he just gagged and didn't scramble in for the score. That doesn't actually change what you said about keeping him off the field though. 

You're correct, stopping the run isn't important. You just need to find a HOF, MVP level QB.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You're correct, stopping the run isn't important. You just need to find a HOF, MVP level QB.

Yeah, those are the things that generally win you SBs. Out of the last 10 SBs, all but 2 have been won by those types. 

I didn't say stopping the run isn't important either, it just isn't as important as stopping the pass. Likewise running the ball is important but not as important as passing the ball well 

Just now, Jraider91 said:

I didn't say stopping the run isn't important either, it just isn't as important as stopping the pass. Likewise running the ball is important but not as important as passing the ball well 

Being dominant against the run puts the defense at such an advantage because it makes a team one dimensional. Regardless though games are won in the trenches, if you're going to be great against the run you need anchors in the middle, if you're going to stop teams from passing you have to be able to generate pressure with 4 consistently.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Being dominant against the run puts the defense at such an advantage because it makes a team one dimensional. Regardless though games are won in the trenches, if you're going to be great against the run you need anchors in the middle, if you're going to stop teams from passing you have to be able to generate pressure with 4 consistently.

Passing is far more important than running the ball, so being "one dimensional" isn't a big issue for a quality passing side. Passing early and often to get a lead then run the ball later to chew the clock whilst still passing. Andy Reid style of O. 

Yeah the line is hugely important, I think CBs the most important (a ton of sacks and pressures are the QBs fault and getting them to hold the ball is the key to sacks and to turnovers) and hardest to find position on D but even the really really good ones seem to have such up and down performance year to year that big money is risky to spend on them. 

2 minutes ago, Jraider91 said:

Passing is far more important than running the ball, so being "one dimensional" isn't a big issue for a quality passing side. Passing early and often to get a lead then run the ball later to chew the clock whilst still passing. Andy Reid style of O. 

Yeah the line is hugely important, I think CBs the most important (a ton of sacks and pressures are the QBs fault and getting them to hold the ball is the key to sacks and to turnovers) and hardest to find position on D but even the really really good ones seem to have such up and down performance year to year that big money is risky to spend on them. 

The NFL is definitely becoming a pass happy league but the reality of it is that the majority of playoff games, especially deep in the playoffs are going to be in cold weather cities in the middle of winter. Andy Reid's offense has been so effective in the playoffs that he has only won 1 Super Bowl. While Bill has 6 rings using a run heavy, ball control approach.

We've lost Mullen/Arnette this year and have had a variety of random players including Trufant, Faycon, Nixon, and Robertson at CB. Our pass coverage has still been fairly good because our pass rush is good. But a true lock down #1 CB is definitely a great piece to have, they're just extremely hard to find and the bust rate on CB's early is pretty high. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

The NFL is definitely becoming a pass happy league but the reality of it is that the majority of playoff games, especially deep in the playoffs are going to be in cold weather cities in the middle of winter. Andy Reid's offense has been so effective in the playoffs that he has only won 1 Super Bowl. While Bill has 6 rings using a run heavy, ball control approach.

We've lost Mullen/Arnette this year and have had a variety of random players including Trufant, Faycon, Nixon, and Robertson at CB. Our pass coverage has still been fairly good because our pass rush is good. But a true lock down #1 CB is definitely a great piece to have, they're just extremely hard to find and the bust rate on CB's early is pretty high. 

Bill had GOAT, we will see how his run heavy offense goes this playoff run. Not sure I like it as much without Brady, but maybe you are right. 

Just now, Jraider91 said:

Bill had GOAT, we will see how his run heavy offense goes this playoff run. Not sure I like it as much without Brady, but maybe you are right. 

Great teams have balance on both sides of the ball. But having an elite QB and explosive passing game is important because you can score quick and get back into a game. The Patriots are good but they're built to play with a lead in the games they've fallen behind and Mac has had to pass to keep them in it he has folded. 

But I agree that Jordan Davis probably wouldn't be a great pick when we can sign someone like BJ Hill or draft someone like Travis Jones later. Our first round pick needs to be on a premium position: OT, CB, WR, or a pass rushing DL.

• Like 1

Zay Jones balled out the last game. He might be a good in house WR2. Interested to see how he finishes the year. I still stand we don't need much turnover next offseason, just a new coach.

Starters I see back

QB: DC

RB: Jacobs/Drake

FB: Ingold

WR1: ?????

WR2: Zay Jones 🤨- maybe 

Slot: Renfrow 😁 - breakout star 

LT: Miller - a rock, underrated

LG:  ?????

center: James 😁

RG: Leatherwood - hoping he is alot better in year 2

RT:  ???????

DE: Max 😁- breakout star 

DT: Solomon Thomas 🤨- I think we bring him back

NT: ????? might be time to upgrade

DE: Yannick 😁 edge is now a strength 

WLB: Deablo- really liking what I see from Deablo 😁

MLB: Perryman 😁a stud but approaching 30. might need to find a developmental player 

SLB: Littleton/Abram- could see a position change, and Littleton too hard to cut 

CB- Hayward- I would bring him back on a 2year, but he is over 30. 😁

CB2- Mullen- been hurt but I believe is a solid CB2

Slot- Hobbs - steal of a pick. hope he doesn't get in any more trouble 😁

FS: Moehrig- had a bad game against the Colts, but has been rock solid all year 😁

SS: ??????

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Great teams have balance on both sides of the ball. But having an elite QB and explosive passing game is important because you can score quick and get back into a game. The Patriots are good but they're built to play with a lead in the games they've fallen behind and Mac has had to pass to keep them in it he has folded. 

But I agree that Jordan Davis probably wouldn't be a great pick when we can sign someone like BJ Hill or draft someone like Travis Jones later. Our first round pick needs to be on a premium position: OT, CB, WR, or a pass rushing DL.

Yeah agree with that, the key to the passing offense is it is best way to get you out to a lead. 80% of teams who lead at HT win, then you can run the ball 2nd half to finish game off if required. 

51 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Zay Jones balled out the last game. He might be a good in house WR2. Interested to see how he finishes the year. I still stand we don't need much turnover next offseason, just a new coach.

Starters I see back

QB: DC

RB: Jacobs/Drake

FB: Ingold

WR1: ?????

WR2: Zay Jones 🤨- maybe 

Slot: Renfrow 😁 - breakout star 

LT: Miller - a rock, underrated

LG:  ?????

center: James 😁

RG: Leatherwood - hoping he is alot better in year 2

RT:  ???????

DE: Max 😁- breakout star 

DT: Solomon Thomas 🤨- I think we bring him back

NT: ????? might be time to upgrade

DE: Yannick 😁 edge is now a strength 

WLB: Deablo- really liking what I see from Deablo 😁

MLB: Perryman 😁a stud but approaching 30. might need to find a developmental player 

SLB: Littleton/Abram- could see a position change, and Littleton too hard to cut 

CB- Hayward- I would bring him back on a 2year, but he is over 30. 😁

CB2- Mullen- been hurt but I believe is a solid CB2

Slot- Hobbs - steal of a pick. hope he doesn't get in any more trouble 😁

FS: Moehrig- had a bad game against the Colts, but has been rock solid all year 😁

SS: ??????

We need somebody fast the compliments what we already have at WR.

I don't think The left side of the line is as bad as the right side of line

At NT Philon has been rock solid since Jonathan Hankins got hurt 

Littleton is not starting at SLB(he lacks literally everything that position requires)

I wonder what the team thinks of Tyree Gillespie. I think Rodrick Teamer would've had a shot if he didn't get hurt so often

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Littleton is not starting at SLB(he lacks literally everything that position requires)

I wonder what the team thinks of Tyree Gillespie. I think Rodrick Teamer would've had a shot if he didn't get hurt so often

Philon has low key been a great player for the Raiders this season. The DT on the whole has done well. Really like that group. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

true, I want Philon back.