2022 Draft Talk

swede700

36 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Sprained ankle?  Bacot on UNC sprained his ankle and is set to play against Kansas in the National Title game, and he visibly rolled it and walked/played on that ankle a few minutes after rolling it against Duke.  Stingley Jr did not just simply sprain his ankle and clearly did not just go back into the game and basically missed the rest of the entire season.

"said Saturday morning he suffered a torn ligament in his left foot -- a Lisfranc injury "

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33428616/cb-derek-stingley-jr-recovering-lisfranc-injury-work-combine

A torn ligament is not a little deal and is not a sprained ankle, and maybe I am blowing it out of proportion but honestly you might be doing the opposite of that.  

He sprained his ankle in 2020…

He had a lisfranc injury in 2021, but the initial injury happened in camp and he played 3 games on the injured until it got worse and he had to end his season.

Just now, Kparty15 said:

He sprained his ankle in 2020…

He had a lisfranc injury in 2021, but the initial injury happened in camp and he played 3 games on the injured until it got worse and he had to end his season.

Either way both were so bad he had to stop playing football, no clue how that is a good thing to have happen.  Will be interesting if he runs at the pro day though and if so how he times out.  With this 4.3 talk around, anything well over that is a disappointment as well as anything lower than 35"+ vertical along with some times in the 3 cone and broad jump.  

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Either way both were so bad he had to stop playing football, no clue how that is a good thing to have happen.  Will be interesting if he runs at the pro day though and if so how he times out.  With this 4.3 talk around, anything well over that is a disappointment as well as anything lower than 35"+ vertical along with some times in the 3 cone and broad jump.  

I think those numbers might be a bit optimistic for someone who only recently just started running again.  He already ran a 4.30 forty in high school.  He is definitely capable of those numbers, but he’s probably going to need more time to rebuild his conditioning and muscle mass.  I wouldn’t be surprised if he only does CB drills.

9 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

Why stop there? Why not throw in Ed mccaffery, and cooper kupp?

Honestly I don’t know enough about Ed McCaffery for that comparison.  He is definitely not Cooper Kupp because he’s not even close to being on the same level as a route runner.  What are you trying to get at?

Like Decker and Nelson though he is 6’3” and roughly the same weight.  He works the sideline using his speed and can get off press in a similar way to Jordy Nelson.  He’s a dominant jump ball WR like Eric Decker is who has really good body control in the air and holds on to the ball through contact.

Just now, Kparty15 said:

Honestly I don’t know enough about Ed McCaffery for that comparison.  He is definitely not Cooper Kupp because he’s not even close to being on the same level as a route runner.  What are you trying to get at?

Like Decker and Nelson though he is 6’3” and roughly the same weight.  He works the sideline using his speed and can get off press in a similar way to Jordy Nelson.  He’s a dominant jump ball WR like Eric Decker is who has really good body control in the air and holds on to the ball through contact.

I’m just messing because white wrs are always compared to other white wrs

Just now, battle2heaven said:

I’m just messing because white wrs are always compared to other white wrs

Maybe, but on his highlight tapes he is making a lot of catches like both of those other guys did at Kansas State and Minnesota.  In most year Pierce would probably be a late 1st round WR, but this year WR is so deep especially with the big school prospects that he could get pushed into the 3rd round.

8 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

Maybe, but on his highlight tapes he is making a lot of catches like both of those other guys did at Kansas State and Minnesota.  In most year Pierce would probably be a late 1st round WR, but this year WR is so deep especially with the big school prospects that he could get pushed into the 3rd round.

Yeah. I really really like Alec pierce and would be all about Vikings drafting him day 2 somewhere. 

8 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

What about Adam thielen comparison too? :)

2 hours ago, solidvikingfan said:

That is awesome, I have had him mocked to the Vikings in the 3rd for awhile now, I assume he did not participate at the Pro day because of injury.  Dude is a great return man and a legit slot corner with high upside, tough tackler for his size also.  

Curious if his teammate Logan Hall did the bench press, cannot find any numbers for that Houston Pro day.  

22 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

That is awesome, I have had him mocked to the Vikings in the 3rd for awhile now, I assume he did not participate at the Pro day because of injury.  Dude is a great return man and a legit slot corner with high upside, tough tackler for his size also.  

Curious if his teammate Logan Hall did the bench press, cannot find any numbers for that Houston Pro day.  

A lot of times, Vikings will bring in players on top 30s where they don't have the complete book on them. In Jones' case, I think they want a medical re-check with him. 

Jones is super small, but a pitbull on receivers. He's definitely a pure slot. I don't think Vikings would look at him until day 3, but I think they want to clear him first with the medical recheck on the top 30