Raiders 2021 Schedule

NYRaider

1 minute ago, Letsch80 said:

Raiders offense better then the Ravens??? No team has scored more points over the last 2 years and they have led the league in point differential each of the last 2 seasons. You are grossly underestimating how explosive they can be on offense, especially against a sub par defense. Every questionable defense they have played with Lamar at the helm they have absolutely annihilated. 

Half of our fanbase thinks that Jalen Hurts is better than Lamar, lol. 

2 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

Raiders offense better then the Ravens??? No team has scored more points over the last 2 years and they have led the league in point differential each of the last 2 seasons. You are grossly underestimating how explosive they can be on offense, especially against a sub par defense. Every questionable defense they have played with Lamar at the helm they have absolutely annihilated. 

He’s also underestimating the versatility of your guy’s offense. That’s what makes you guys so deadly. Lamar running, Hollywood taking the top off, Andrews carving up LB’s and Safety’s, Dobbins grinding it out and chewing teams up, a new dimension added in Bateman. It’s hard to have a stop for all of it. 

i remember before the Raiders/Pats game last year that I said Abram had a chance to be the x-factor in the game by mopping up their run game or Cam when he tries to run. i was half right. he was the x-factor, but because he was getting juked out of his shoes by Michel and Burkhead.

well... this is going to be a hell of an early test for Abram in his new box role, and a hell of a test for our outside backers like Littleton, Deablo, Morrow, etc.

• Like 1

Just now, Letsch80 said:

Well the only thing we can go off of last year. We cant go off of two years ago when Lamar Jackson won MVP running an offense that no one knew how to stop at the time. We have to go off of last year we're now the rest of the league has settled in and figured out how to stop their offense. Here's what we see..

The Raiders were 8th and total yards per game; ravens were 19th

The Raiders were 6th in passing yards per game; ravens were 32nd(last)

The Raiders were 14th in rushing yards per game; ravens were 1st(which happens when your quarterback runs for 1000 yards) 

The Raiders were 10th in points per game; the ravens were 7th(the difference was 2.2 points)

This may be surprising because no one talks about how good your offense is or features you on ESPN when you go 8-8

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

i remember before the Raiders/Pats game last year that I said Abram had a chance to be the x-factor in the game by mopping up their run game or Cam when he tries to run. i was half right. he was the x-factor, but because he was getting juked out of his shoes by Michel and Burkhead.

well... this is going to be a hell of an early test for Abram in his new box role, and a hell of a test for our outside backers like Littleton, Deablo, Morrow, etc.

I very much agree with this. What I like about the ravens game being first it'll test on whether or not we do the elementary things you do to win a football game defensively like tackle or don't blow simple assignments.

Offensively it'll show us how much better we are at running the football and how good Leatherwood is. Will be very telling to say the least

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

This may be surprising because no one talks about how good your offense is or features you on ESPN when you go 8-8

Their offense will probably be better though, will ours with a make shift, young, inexperienced OL? 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

He’s also underestimating the versatility of your guy’s offense. That’s what makes you guys so deadly. Lamar running, Hollywood taking the top off, Andrews carving up LB’s and Safety’s, Dobbins grinding it out and chewing teams up, a new dimension added in Bateman. It’s hard to have a stop for all of it. 

I'm just simply saying that if you can take Lamar Jackson away(which is not impossible and has been some thing that a lot of teams did last year) then he has not proven that he is advanced enough as a passer to win the game with his arm to win the game with his arm. 

For reference to what I'm saying they were 32nd second in passing with 171.2 passing yards per game. 

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Well the only thing we can go off of last year. We cant go off of two years ago when Lamar Jackson won MVP running an offense that no one knew how to stop at the time. We have to go off of last year we're now the rest of the league has settled in and figured out how to stop their offense. Here's what we see..

The Raiders were 8th and total yards per game; ravens were 19th

The Raiders were 6th in passing yards per game; ravens were 32nd(last)

The Raiders were 14th in rushing yards per game; ravens were 1st(which happens when your quarterback runs for 1000 yards) 

The Raiders were 10th in points per game; the ravens were 7th(the difference was 2.2 points)

Use DVOA. It’s basically the standard nowadays. PPG and YPG are flawed with too many variables. I think we were 14th. No idea what the Ravens were though. I think they were like 16th. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Their offense will probably be better though, will ours with a make shift, young, inexperienced OL? 

Also think because we are the raider fan base we are more critical on them as an office than they actually are. We lose a center and a guy that wasn't playing anyway and suddenly the line is makeshift. I want to see if that's true week one rather than just making that statement in May. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

For the life of me, I’ll never understand why Raider fans are not more worried about the Andre James experiment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Use DVOA. It’s basically the standard nowadays. PPG and YPG are flawed with too many variables. I think we were 14th. No idea what the Ravens were though. I think they were like 16th. 

But I feel like that's rationalizing why the ravens are last in throwing the football. And why the Raiders are exponentially better at having a balanced offense and not dependent on one player getting 1000 rushing yards at a position where most players get around 300-400. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

But I feel like that's rationalizing why the ravens are last in throwing the football. And why the Raiders are exponentially better at having a balanced offense and not dependent on one player getting 1000 rushing yards at a position where most players get around 300-400. 

I fully agree with you Lamar is not a great passer. If it comes to him having to solely beat us with his arm and passing abilities, we will win. However, I don’t think the Ravens will have to resort to that. There is just way too many ways they can beat us and we can’t take away all of them. And if you are spending too many resources on Lamar’s running, or Dobbins, or Andrews, then Lamar can absolutely hit a solid pass to Hollywood over the top, on more than one occasion. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

For the life of me, I’ll never understand why Raider fans are not more worried about the Andre James experiment. 

I speak for other raider fans but  for me there's a few reasons why I am personally I'm not concerned:

1. it's not the first time cable has had a pro bowl center that's converted from another position(he's had two before one of them was an All-Pro)

2. The absolute worst case scenario is Andre James is trash and (Nick Martin who has been a starter in the NFL every year until now) plays. so while he's not all pro he is the absolute floor of the center position which is not a bad floor

With all that said, I’ve been on this forum 16 years now, and I love to go into other subforums and wish them luck before games. In my experience, no one talks more trash about their opponents, and also overhype their team, than Raven fans on FF. And it’s not close, never has been close. And I remember them all losing their mind when we won in both 2015 and 2016 and coming up with every excuse in the book afterwards. It would be great to get a win to silence them again. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I fully agree with you Lamar is not a great passer. If it comes to him having to solely beat us with his arm and passing abilities, we will win. However, I don’t think the Ravens will have to resort to that. There is just way too many ways they can beat us and we can’t take away all of them. And if you are spending too many resources on Lamar’s running, or Dobbins, or Andrews, then Lamar can absolutely hit a solid pass to Hollywood over the top, on more than one occasion. 

Technically they only have one way to beat us which is running the football we shut down our offense. As bad as our defense was last year I actually think we have the pieces to match up against them pretty favorably who do the fact that we have a lot of speed in the box (which is theoretically what you need along with discipline in your run fits to stop a running QB) I think a simplified defense with limited responsibilities for each player on the field should help with the discipline part. Lamar Jackson has proven when he's flustered and the run game is not going as well as he would like it that he starts throwing the ball in consistently and that's when mistakes happen. 

Offensively I don't think they're going to limit us tom less than 24 points and I can see a scenario(pending on where the raiders are defensively) where the ravens score more than 24 points. But that's just where I'm at

If this was Paul Gunther's defense I would be more worried just due to the confusion he causes the defense of players with all the plays. But I think what moves the needle for me is Bradley simplified defense and prior success against Lamar Jackson