Raiders 2021 Schedule

NYRaider

As for the AFC North, I think we will lose at home to the Ravens, and beat the Bengals at home. 

I think we will beat Pittsburgh on the road and lose to Cleveland. 

- Cleveland’s roster looks pretty amazing this year, it’ll be in Cleveland, and were due for a loss against them. 

- Baltimore will have a Top 5 Offense and Top 10 Defense. Gonna be a tough team to beat. Possible, for sure. But not likely. 

- Pittsburgh I don’t see as all that great this year, and historically this franchise plays great in Pittsburgh. 

- Cincy at home should be a win. Probably a shootout like 33-30, but still a win. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

As for the AFC North, I think we will lose at home to the Ravens, and beat the Bengals at home. 

I think we will beat Pittsburgh on the road and lose to Cleveland. 

- Cleveland’s roster looks pretty amazing this year, it’ll be in Cleveland, and were due for a loss against them. 

- Baltimore will have a Top 5 Offense and Top 10 Defense. Gonna be a tough team to beat. Possible, for sure. But not likely. 

- Pittsburgh I don’t see as all that great this year, and historically this franchise plays great in Pittsburgh. 

- Cincy at home should be a win. Probably a shootout like 33-30, but still a win. 

I don't think Baltimore throws the ball well enough to beat us. 

I think Cleveland and Pittsburgh come down to what level of defense we play

We should beat Cincy. They don't have the O line or the defense

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I don't think Baltimore throws the ball well enough to beat us. 

I think Cleveland and Pittsburgh come down to what level of defense we play

We should beat Cincy. They don't have the O line or the defense

Even though Lamar isn’t a great passer, there is just too many ways they can beat us.

- Their new WR1 Bateman.

- Hollywood Brown taking the top off for a huge TD.

- Andrews is probably the 4th best TE in the NFL behind Kelce, Kittle, and Waller. He should be able to carve up any of our safety’s or linebackers with ease.

- Dobbins was an absolute stud last year and their run game should be excellent. 

Their offense should be better than ours this season. Even if you think our offenses are on par (they’re not), they have a Top 10 Defense. Our defense will be no where close to Top 10. We should, in all likelihood, lose this game. Of course though, we can win. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Even though Lamar isn’t a great passer, there is just too many ways they can beat us.

- Their new WR1 Bateman.

- Hollywood Brown taking the top off for a huge TD.

- Andrews is probably the 4th best TE in the NFL behind Kelce, Kittle, and Waller. He should be able to carve up any of our safety’s or linebackers with ease.

- Dobbins was an absolute stud last year and their run game should be excellent. 

Their offense should be better than ours this season. Even if you think our offenses are on par (they’re not), they have a Top 10 Defense. Our defense will be no where close to Top 10. We should, in all likelihood, lose this game. Of course though, we can win. 

We don't know what they have in Bateman but it will also be his first game(Lamar Jackson has not proven that in the NFL he can get the ball to wide receivers consistently)

Hollywood is a hot and cold player(which really makes him dependent on Lamar Jackson as a passer that day)

Andrews it's overrated in my opinion he just is really good in the red zone(I feel like he's the only one Lamar Jackson actually knows how to get the ball to consistently)

Dobbins is a threat but that assumes that the run defense doesn't improve or that the ravens aren't one dimensional(they are one dimensional than the Raiders would be able to key on the run)

I'm not really concerned about the Raiders offense too much. They've proven that they can score points and move the football against good defenses. 

And it's also not a stretch to say that the Raiders office is better than the ravens. They were better in every category except for rushing yards per game(obviously the ravens are going to have more rushing yards than everybody because their quarterback has 1000 yards rushing) and points by 2.2 points). 

Edited by Jeremy408

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

We don't know what they have in Bateman but it will also be his first game(Lamar Jackson has not proven that in the NFL he can get the ball to wide receivers consistently)

Hollywood is a hot and cold player(which really makes him dependent on Lamar Jackson as a passer that day)

Andrews it's overrated in my opinion he just is really good in the red zone(I feel like he's the only one Lamar Jackson actually knows how to get the ball to consistently)

Dobbins is a threat but that assumes that the run defense doesn't improve or that the ravens aren't one dimensional(they are one dimensional than the Raiders would be able to key on the run)

Don’t forget about Lamars rushing attack either. There is like six different variables to deal with and our defense isn’t good. 

Also, our defensive compared to theirs is a pretty huge gap. We are heavy underdogs for a reason in this one. I would bet 97%ish of non-Raider fans will pick us to lose this one. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Don’t forget about Lamars rushing attack either. There is like six different variables to deal with and our defense isn’t good. 

Also, our defensive compared to theirs is a pretty huge gap. We are heavy underdogs for a reason in this one. I would bet 97%ish of non-Raider fans will pick us to lose this one. 

I'm not really concerned about the Raiders offense too much. They've proven that they can score points and move the football against good defenses. 

And it's also not a stretch to say that the Raiders office is better than the ravens. They were better in every category except for rushing yards per game(obviously the ravens are going to have more rushing yards than everybody because their quarterback has 1000 yards rushing) and points by 2.2 points). 

Another underrated thing on defense is that Gus Bradley was the first coordinator to shut down Lamar Jackson. I also think a simplified defense should improve the defense especially against the running quarterback due to the fact that the Raiders actually have speed on defense(especially at the linebacker position which would be spying on Lamar Jackson)

And with the betting odds I'm also not concerned due to the fact that no one picked us to win against the Saints last year either. 

Edited by Jeremy408

For a team who is young in the secondary and switching to zone Ravens passing attack is a welcomed opponent to start the season. Cause they're not close to being what you would call a good passing team. They offer other challenges, but the LBs and front 4 gonna have to step up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

For a team who is young in the secondary and switching to zone Ravens passing attack is a welcomed opponent to start the season. Cause they're not close to being what you would call a good passing team. They offer other challenges, but the LBs and front 4 gonna have to step up. 

Like if we're talking about strictly football: if Lamar Jackson couldn't run for 1000 yards he wouldn't be a starting quarterback in the NFL. If you take away his ability to run with the way you call the game defensively, they are a very average offense. 

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

That’s a fair assessment. It’s also a fair assessment to say the Ravens are a better team, better roster, much more balanced, and should be the heavy favorite in the game (which they are at -5.5). 

Just now, BayRaider said:

That’s a fair assessment. It’s also a fair assessment to say the Ravens are a better team, better roster, much more balanced, and should be the heavy favorite in the game (which they are at -5.5). 

The saints were a better team in every category that you mentioned than the Raiders and the Raiders beat them. And they had a much better passer. It's why I don't do betting odds. It's any given Sunday. 

I think it's simple the Raiders have a better offense and what they think is an improved defense; the ravens have a better defense and what they think is an improved offense

We find out who wins week one

I moneys on the Raiders because if the Raiders(who have the better offense) find a way to get ahead early, the ravens are not designed to be able to win from behind

12 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Another underrated thing on defense is that Gus Bradley was the first coordinator to shut down Lamar Jackson. I also think a simplified defense should improve the defense especially against the running quarterback due to the fact that the Raiders actually have speed on defense(especially at the linebacker position which would be spying on Lamar Jackson)

And with the betting odds I'm also not concerned due to the fact that no one picked us to win against the Saints last year either. 

Raiders offense better then the Ravens??? No team has scored more points over the last 2 years and they have led the league in point differential each of the last 2 seasons. You are grossly underestimating how explosive they can be on offense, especially against a sub par defense. Every questionable defense they have played with Lamar at the helm they have absolutely annihilated. 

• Like 1