2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

Prior to the Hill trade, I would have pegged Williams to KC at 30 as a replacement for Hill when his contract was up.  It was a perfect scenario - the best WR who is injured gets to sit and be ready to take over Hill's spot in 2023.  Now with Hill gone, maybe KC wants a WR that is able to contribute day 1.  Could it be possible Williams falls to 35?

13 minutes ago, xrade said:

Prior to the Hill trade, I would have pegged Williams to KC at 30 as a replacement for Hill when his contract was up.  It was a perfect scenario - the best WR who is injured gets to sit and be ready to take over Hill's spot in 2023.  Now with Hill gone, maybe KC wants a WR that is able to contribute day 1.  Could it be possible Williams falls to 35?

No way. Cant see him getting out of the top 20. He's ahead of schedule in his recovery. He might even sneak into the top 15 dare I say top 10 ;) 

• Like 1

There are too many teams that could pick Williams right after 10. So if we feel like he's the 1, I wouldn't be mad at picking him there. If not, I'm cool with trading back into the first to get someone else we're high on. 

I'm not saying this because I love defense, but I feel like that's what JD wants to do with the first round picks. Saleh and JD felt like the defensive issues were the players and publically commented on the importance of building a strong front 7 & defense that can help Wilson. Brought in a good CB & SS combo, but didn't really do anything else for starting caliber players. Because Ridley & Hill didn't work out, he may have to go WR in the first unless he's willing to go with Watson/Pickens. 

6 hours ago, xrade said:

Trading down from 4 is good but not probable.  Those picks you list are el stinko in round 1.  You made me vomit  little.  Happy?

gif-aint-even-mad-angry-bfd-bored-chewin

Penning going to Jets may be real deal. Mafe(easy) and Burks not being taken in night one is my best bet.

2 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

But he was willing to give up five picks and $30m a year for Hill?! Doesn’t make sense to me. 

My post was before Ricky set me straight. I thought he had more off the field issues. I hang my head in shame.

Listened to another podcast where they had the beat writers make the draft picks. Willis could very well be in play at 2 and Walker may be a better fit than Thibs. Then another Houston beat writer said Kyle Hamilton would be the pick. 

We have a legitimate shot at the best pass rusher. 

WRs

Wilson- 22

London- 21

Burks- 22

Olave- 22

Williams- 21

Watson- 23

Dotson- 22

Moore- 22

EDGE

Hutch- 22

JJ- 23

Thibs- 21 (22 end of rookie season)

Karlaftis- 21

Ojabo- 22

Mafe- 23 (24 end of rookie season)

Ebiketie- 22/23??

Walker- 21 (22 end of season)

Thomas- 22

If age will play a big factor, landing Thibs and London they get their big deals at 26.