2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

https://www.draftcountdown.com/senior-bowl/senior-bowl-roster-predictions-offense-special-teams/

QB:

I hope Kurtis O'Rouke gets a spot at last minute. If not, the shrine game spot would do.  I don't bother to check out on Michael Pennix and DJ Uiaglelei because I think they are better off playing vertical/smashmouth offense in NFL, meaning they won't fit Jets' style at the moment.  Bo Nix may be the best prospect to check out.  Spencer Ratttler's character and consistency will be heavily studied on. No Michael Pratt? Umm. Maybe he could end up being on the Shrine Game roster.

FB, K, P, RB and TE:

I'm not going to bother to check them out.   Whoever is available after the draft will be cool with me.

WR:

Malachi Corley should be excellent fit in Jets. He is short in height but has powerful body to go with speed in all directions. He should be invited in Senior Bowl without any second thought but I can see him skipping this opportunity. Xavier Legette may or may be another Randy Moss but he should be a natural number one target in NFL. He, Jalen McMillian, Rome Odunze need to show their ability to run short and intermediate routes during the Senior Bowl week to confirm the fit with Jets' offense. Devontez Walker should be there at Mobile since he had missed first several weeks with major college this year due to eligibility situation. However, when he is on the field he flies. As for the rest of candidates, I will wait until the rosters are complete to learn about unmentioned prospects.

OL:

Olu Fashanu probably will skip this opportunity. Jordan Morgan is perfect ideal for Jets as LT. He was supposed to be 2023 NFL draftboard but ACL made him come back to ASU. So far, he has not yet to lose a step. Taliese Fuaga is a powerful tackle but he can move around so he needs to be there in Mobile to confirm this certain athleticism. Graham Barton will need to show his athleticism to be part of ZBS as well but many scouts suggest him to play inside at next level as C may be his ceiling card. Sedrick Van Pran is number one center prospect right now. However, he plays for UGA so I have no faith in his NFL readiness. lol...

Edited by JetsandI

Shanahan blocking certainly doesn't agree with Jets.   How about Jets making an attempt to make a switch to gap power for change.  After this year, Saleh may have one last shot to continue coaching Jets on his second head coaching contract.  Let's change it up to see if OL clicks good.    2024's OL pool has a plethora of talents for that kind of assignment.

So what are we thinking for OL prospects? Are we going to tag Becton, let him and healthy Warren battle out for LT and draft a RT to battle with Mitchell? AVT LG, Tippmann Center, Mitchell/FA/Day 3 pick. 

From what I’m reading, the guys who will be mid 1st are playing RT? But Alabama and Georgia seem to be huge boom/bust at OL. 

Wish we didn’t have so many holes on offense, I love the Clemson LBers Trotter and Carter. Trotter would be awesome to replace Mosley. 

33 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

So what are we thinking for OL prospects? Are we going to tag Becton, let him and healthy Warren battle out for LT and draft a RT to battle with Mitchell? AVT LG, Tippmann Center, Mitchell/FA/Day 3 pick. 

From what I’m reading, the guys who will be mid 1st are playing RT? But Alabama and Georgia seem to be huge boom/bust at OL. 

Wish we didn’t have so many holes on offense, I love the Clemson LBers Trotter and Carter. Trotter would be awesome to replace Mosley. 

I don't care how it's done, but I want us to be aggressive with repairing the OL like we were during the beginning of the Rex era. I'm done looking in the clearance section every offseason for OL during free agency. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Are we going to tag Becton

I hope not. $17M for average OT play plus the injury history plus his attitude? No thanks. If he wants to come back for a contract commensurate with his play, so be it. But he will most likely want to move on since the coaches obvious tried to get him hurt last year and played him at a position he does not want to play this year.

I envision a lower than expected offer by the Jets since he is serviceable. It will be quickly rejected. He will then get a slightly better offer from another team. Becton will then begin talking **** about the Jets. Book it. 

22 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I don't care how it's done, but I want us to be aggressive with repairing the OL like we were during the beginning of the Rex era. I'm done looking in the clearance section every offseason for OL during free agency. 

I checked free agency for OL and it doesn't look good.  

• 2 weeks later...

QB prospects under 22 years old right now.  Stay or Turn?
1. Drake Maye (Turn)
2. Carson Beck (Stay)
3. Shedeur Sanders (Stay)
4. Quinn Ewers (Stay)
5. Cameron Ward (Stay)
6. Riley Leonard (Stay)
7. JJ McCarthy (Stay)
8. Jaxson Dart (Stay)

3+ year starting QBs.
1. Caleb Williams
2. Bo Nix
3. Jayden Daniels
4. Michael Pratt
5. Austin Reed (2 in DII)
6. DJ Uiagalelei
7. Spencer Rattler
8. KJ Jefferson
9. Sam Hartman
10. Graham Mertz
11. Grayson McCall

QBs with medical concerns.
1. Jayden Daniels
2. Michael Penix Jr.
3. Austin Reed

Damn.   Now, Brian Thomas Jr may be knocking on 1st round door.

I am looking at next potential middle round WR prospect.   Ricky Pearsall.

He doesn't appear to be fast or big but he has been a clutch player for Florida. I feel like he is a true football player than someone with solid athletic score.  If Jets want to have another stud WR then draft one earlier and move on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Damn.   Now, Brian Thomas Jr may be knocking on 1st round door.

I am looking at next potential middle round WR prospect.   Ricky Pearsall.

He doesn't appear to be fast or big but he has been a clutch player for Florida. I feel like he is a true football player than someone with solid athletic score.  If Jets want to have another stud WR then draft one earlier and move on.

I haven't really looked at many WRs because I'm 99.7% sure Rodgers will push Adams to join us. We trade to trade for him before the deadline and there are reports we're going after him again. 

With that being said, I'm definitely interested in a 3rd WR. If he does enter, I'd seriously look at Emeka Egbuka. He's going to fall to a good spot in the draft and could be a sleeper because of his last injury and poor QB play. 

On 11/13/2023 at 9:05 AM, JetsandI said:

I checked free agency for OL and it doesn't look good.  

It looks atrocious lol, we definitely need to angle for OT in round 1. I would like to sign Noah Brown in FA and draft someone in R3 to revamp our WR room. Trading for Adams is a pipe dream, we don't have the assets or cap space and Vegas doesn't even want to move him.

Guys I like outside of round 1 - Xavier Worthy, Xavier Legette, Johnny Wilson, Brian Thomas Jr, Malachi Corley, Ladd McConkey, Tez Walker, Brenden Rice, Troy Franklin

There's no way they all go before we pick again in round 3. 

17 hours ago, JetsandI said:

QB prospects under 22 years old right now.  Stay or Turn?
1. Drake Maye (Turn)
2. Carson Beck (Stay)
3. Shedeur Sanders (Stay)
4. Quinn Ewers (Stay)
5. Cameron Ward (Stay)
6. Riley Leonard (Stay)
7. JJ McCarthy (Stay)
8. Jaxson Dart (Stay)

3+ year starting QBs.
1. Caleb Williams
2. Bo Nix
3. Jayden Daniels
4. Michael Pratt
5. Austin Reed (2 in DII)
6. DJ Uiagalelei
7. Spencer Rattler
8. KJ Jefferson
9. Sam Hartman
10. Graham Mertz
11. Grayson McCall

QBs with medical concerns.
1. Jayden Daniels
2. Michael Penix Jr.
3. Austin Reed

Put Seth Henigan in between Sanders and Ewers in the under 22 years old category.

15 hours ago, jetjuice said:

It looks atrocious lol, we definitely need to angle for OT in round 1. I would like to sign Noah Brown in FA and draft someone in R3 to revamp our WR room. Trading for Adams is a pipe dream, we don't have the assets or cap space and Vegas doesn't even want to move him.

Guys I like outside of round 1 - Xavier Worthy, Xavier Legette, Johnny Wilson, Brian Thomas Jr, Malachi Corley, Ladd McConkey, Tez Walker, Brenden Rice, Troy Franklin

There's no way they all go before we pick again in round 3. 

Tez Walker could be this year's George Pickens.   Tons of talent but suffered situation that may cost draft value somewhere.

• Like 1