2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Watched the Bama UF game Saturday and Elam is a legit top of the draft CB. Anderson the edge for Bama stood out too.

We gave Alabama, a run for their money, however the current Tide team is just a shell of last year team. Not only was their defensive  bad it was a dumb defensive. But you are right Florida, sure can produce DB's

lol Letting it be known that I'll be paying more attention to the prospects/free agents that will help us build a roster similar to the Jets 2010, 49ers (Harbaugh era), and Seahawks (Legion Of Boom). That's the only type of team I can see winning the AFC East and the AFC going forward. I don't think trying to rebuild the Bills or Chiefs will work for us. 

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

lol Letting it be known that I'll be paying more attention to the prospects/free agents that will help us build a roster similar to the Jets 2010, 49ers (Harbaugh era), and Seahawks (Legion Of Boom). That's the only type of team I can see winning the AFC East and the AFC going forward. I don't think trying to rebuild the Bills or Chiefs will work for us. 

Well these guys have to start performing. Becton needs to stay healthy. Mims needs to get more snaps. Carter needs to be the starting RB. Moore needs to be starting. The rookie CBS need to keep getting better. 

58 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Well these guys have to start performing. Becton needs to stay healthy. Mims needs to get more snaps. Carter needs to be the starting RB. Moore needs to be starting. The rookie CBS need to keep getting better. 

I agree. Everything mentioned is really on the coaches outside of Becton's health. He suffered things we can't blame him for. He got rolled on and last time he had a concussion. We have to keep building a balanced team.

Giants is another team. Eli sucked his rookie year but they had Warner with him and built a team that could run and play defense. They made it past Brees, Rogers, and beat Brady with Moss. This is our only real shot if we're looking to compete by 23'

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

I agree. Everything mentioned is really on the coaches outside of Becton's health. He suffered things we can't blame him for. He got rolled on and last time he had a concussion. We have to keep building a balanced team.

Giants is another team. Eli sucked his rookie year but they had Warner with him and built a team that could run and play defense. They made it past Brees, Rogers, and beat Brady with Moss. This is our only real shot if we're looking to compete by 23'

I know this might sound over critical. But I think when our QB coach tragically passed and he was one of the only coaches with a long history of helping players… that hurt this offense more than we might think. I can’t help but think he’d be in LaFleurs ear telling him the best way to get Wilson in a groove and all. Establishing a rhythm and groove with a young QB is huge. Different QBs do that different ways. Wilson likes to get on the move. So maybe some quick screen and slants mixed in with play action early in games might build that confidence in him. Even if it’s not moving the ball much and not amounting to points. At least it’s giving him confidence in completing passes and in the feel of the game.

This offense unlike most years is way too good to be the the 2nd to last scoring team and bottom 10 in both passing and rushing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I know this might sound over critical. But I think when our QB coach tragically passed and he was one of the only coaches with a long history of helping players… that hurt this offense more than we might think. I can’t help but think he’d be in LaFleurs ear telling him the best way to get Wilson in a groove and all. Establishing a rhythm and groove with a young QB is huge. Different QBs do that different ways. Wilson likes to get on the move. So maybe some quick screen and slants mixed in with play action early in games might build that confidence in him. Even if it’s not moving the ball much and not amounting to points. At least it’s giving him confidence in completing passes and in the feel of the game.

This offense unlike most years is way too good to be the the 2nd to last scoring team and bottom 10 in both passing and rushing. 

This is actually a really really good point. I forgot about this. 

Would be cool if JD could pull a 3rd for Mims. 

Anyway, we may not have to draft a TE next offseason or at least not early. Looking at the potential TE free agent options: Ertz, Uzomah, Max Williams, Alie-Cox, Tonyan Jr, Howard, Njoku, Gesicki, and others are expected to hit the market right now. With the cap space we'll have, I'm sure we'll go after one of the top options. 

If Moses, Becton, AVT, and Carter can hold their own this year, that will allow us to just focus on WR, C, and RG next offseason. As far needing starters. 

5 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Would be cool if JD could pull a 3rd for Mims. 

Anyway, we may not have to draft a TE next offseason or at least not early. Looking at the potential TE free agent options: Ertz, Uzomah, Max Williams, Alie-Cox, Tonyan Jr, Howard, Njoku, Gesicki, and others are expected to hit the market right now. With the cap space we'll have, I'm sure we'll go after one of the top options. 

If Moses, Becton, AVT, and Carter can hold their own this year, that will allow us to just focus on WR, C, and RG next offseason. As far needing starters. 

I agree with TE part.  I want TE for a quick solution so drafting TE should be out of question for now.

That would be hilarious if Jets traded away Mims and then drafted Treylon Burks in 1st.

Just now, JetsandI said:

I agree with TE part.  I want TE for a quick solution so drafting TE should be out of question for now.

That would be hilarious if Jets traded away Mims and then drafted Treylon Burks in 1st.

lol I was just thinking about how we would never draft him with this staff. The only offensive players I like right now for the first round is Neal, Green, Linderbaum, and Justyn Ross. George Pickens was one of my guys, but he's hurt. 

7 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

lol I was just thinking about how we would never draft him with this staff. The only offensive players I like right now for the first round is Neal, Green, Linderbaum, and Justyn Ross. George Pickens was one of my guys, but he's hurt. 

Only one from North?     Not sure about Linderbaum in 1st as if his hype stays that way.   I don't think about OL until November.

Just now, JetsandI said:

Only one from North?     Not sure about Linderbaum in 1st as if his hype stays that way.   I don't think about OL until November.

I still have to watch him, but I like some of the highlights I've seen. So he's really pending. I don't see any WRs, TEs, or RBs I'm excited about as potential 1st round picks yet. It's early though. So someone may show up. I don't care how we fill our needs anymore. 

14 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I still have to watch him, but I like some of the highlights I've seen. So he's really pending. I don't see any WRs, TEs, or RBs I'm excited about as potential 1st round picks yet. It's early though. So someone may show up. I don't care how we fill our needs anymore. 

David Bell and Erik Ezukanma are in my bookmark.  They may end up as a high pick in April.

• Like 1

• rickyt31 changed the title to 2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk