Walking Dead season 8 (no comic stuff)

Malfatron

watching 2nd ep of s8 and posting

twd would be so much better if they cut down on the extended shots of characters staring and thinking (michonne this time)

also, i know everyone has been through a lot, but zombies need to be threat still. when multiple zombies were around when the small house was burning, there was no sense of danger. the walkers seemingly barely tried to get michonne.

funny that Rick still trusts Jadis after all this crap. Fits though. Rick has been notorious with bad decision making throughout the series and i like that element of his character.

<title sequence occurs>

damn, that was a long cold open

The neagan/simon/eugene/dwight elements are currently the best thing about this show.

simon is making the most sense about cutting their losses. jumping up the top of my favorite list.

love the neagan/simon power struggle. i agree that things are shaking up for a neagan face turn, but hopefully it doesnt happen too abruptly

this show is finally doing a good job about managing multiple storylines.

its a simple thing, but the title cards with the characters names really help (michonne, neagan, enid). it sets the expectation on which characters pov they are going to follow, and makes it seem less aimless.

jadis' struggle was an effective use of zombies.

jadis watching her old friends get ground up was an efffective scene.

finally, twd is chewing through some plot.

probably the best they are doing since season 6A premeire.

7 hours ago, MathMan said:

thank god the saviors wiped out the trash people instead of doing the same old crap they always do (killing some no name)

simon is the new bad man in town.

this will strengthen jadis's character.

This is what I was referring to as one of the greatest things to ever happen to the show lol. Getting all of them out was absolutely necessary and very welcomed!! Jadis' character got better and I like Simon's character and always have. I'm sure there'll be some interesting conflict w/ him and Negan.

9 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

This is what I was referring to as one of the greatest things to ever happen to the show lol. Getting all of them out was absolutely necessary and very welcomed!! Jadis' character got better and I like Simon's character and always have. I'm sure there'll be some interesting conflict w/ him and Negan.

Yeah, if Walking Dead wanted to, something big could happen every episode.

They have built up enough character capital.

It doesn't always have to be deaths either.

It finally feels like the show is going somewhere though.

Happened both episodes thus far.

That's what Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad did so effectively. Drive the plot forward, and big things happen.

3 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Jadis' character got better and I like Simon's character and always have. I'm sure there'll be some interesting conflict w/ him and Negan.

Yup. Clearly Simon's boys are very loyal to him (since Simon told Negan everything went well and nobody said a word otherwise). Simon has been a great character pretty much since his introduction. More of Negan and his crew, they make every episode more interesting.

I give this episode a C-

barely anything was accomplished here.

laying seeds, but its developing too slowly here.

need to have maggie make a brutal choice with the prisoners.

after these tense scenes with neagen....no simon in this episode?

the scenes with tara and dwight save this from being a complete fail.

neagan and eugene too.

seems like neagans face turn predictions arent going to be fruitful

2 hours ago, MathMan said:

the scenes with tara and dwight save this from being a complete fail.

I thought the entire swamp thing was too Hollywood.

All those people, just sitting around doing nothing whatsoever. While the stars shine to brightly for their own good. Hate when they do that. Walkers coming through the woods, let me just sit on this log, stare in the opposite direction, watchin leaves dance in the breeze.

The rest of the show I thought was good. Didnt see the doc going out like that. Thought he had a couple episodes left in him.

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I thought the entire swamp thing was too Hollywood.

All those people, just sitting around doing nothing whatsoever. While the stars shine to brightly for their own good. Hate when they do that. Walkers coming through the woods, let me just sit on this log, stare in the opposite direction, watchin leaves dance in the breeze.

The rest of the show I thought was good. Didnt see the doc going out like that. Thought he had a couple episodes left in him.

I thought it was strange to see all of them just sitting around but at least they addressed it when Daryl and Rosita discussed how they're all tired and Daryl said they could rest for 10 minutes. We do need to remember that a lot of these people are seemingly not conditioned for this world especially the Alexandria people. None of them had to go through, or travel like our main group. Just trying to immerse myself into this situation and think about how they were going about it.

The last line and then what happened when Sidiq got to Hilltop leads me to believe his role will be massive. They're not going to axe Carl and give us info that this guy has a medical background if he won't play a major role. I'm digging his role thus far but we'll see what happens.

Archived